Let's show our gratitude to TCC (and not only?)

KatjaThera

6 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Actually, now that I think of it, there might be some fans out there not necessarily invested in Yuzu (ie, only Ladies fan/Pairs fan/current TCC Junior fan) who might like to join the making of of this project- after all, TCC also have junior pair and Stephen, right?

True, but I think if we go that direction, this will get too big. T_T And it'll never finish.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

True, but I think if we go that direction, this will get too big. T_T And it'll never finish.

I've forgot to finish my thought, sorry -,-" I've edited my post, but just in case. After we set on a plan, we could spread the info with a deadline for receiving messages/chosen photos for collage, etc. If Yuzuru fanprojects are any indication, fans have tendency to keep the deadlines if this means they fave gets to be showered in love. In this case, coaching team of a fave.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I think if possible, maybe for next season even, we could do a good banner that can be hung up at an event, and then given to team TCC so they could hang it in their offices. ACI, or any series B event or any GP event might give us a chance to run into them and hand a banner. Design wise, maybe we can have "Go Team TCC!" in the center, with outlines/cutout profiles of their main skaters (Yuzu, Javi, Tursynbaeva, Gabby, Cha) surrounding the center.

I'm okay with other ideas, though slightly more inclined towards books or anything more handmade than a medal or trophy (mainly because I find the latter 2 too generic, and if not well done could be tacky?). If you guys need help, ping me. I've got Lunar New Year break coming up next week.

While I'm not against the banner for next season idea, that would still be more about the skaters than the team, I think. What we're aiming for is for the team: the coaches, the choreographers, the people behind them whom we don't even know. It's more of a 'thank you for what you've done this season and even before that...'

And for the problem of looking at too many people to participate, in my ideas at least, that'd be happening more in Milan and hence the signing of stuff there. But a poll is in order, I think...

5 часов назад, KatjaThera сказал:

While I'm not against the banner for next season idea, that would still be more about the skaters than the team, I think. What we're aiming for is for the team: the coaches, the choreographers, the people behind them whom we don't even know. It's more of a 'thank you for what you've done this season and even before that...'

And for the problem of looking at too many people to participate, in my ideas at least, that'd be happening more in Milan and hence the signing of stuff there. But a poll is in order, I think...

To have a signed banner will be nice, but that can be tricky: most fans will be during FS at Milan and Brian can leave the next day, so that leaves very little time to give it away (if you want to have handwritten messages on it)

Maybe a poll with choosing up to 2 options? Now we have: fanbook, diploma+letter, banner, trophy, medal...

Today I went to one of the shops not far from my working place to have a closer look at different trophies. I must say fake trophies look a little "fake" up close. But other things with engraving are quite decent. They are made from acrylic and you can engrave your text/picture on it.

Actually they have this for figure skating

https://imgur.com/LsjKou4

But they can engrave this skaters pictures (or your pictures) and your text to any other (without a figurine)

For example more simple ones

https://imgur.com/d40oYcE

https://imgur.com/rXCjsA3

I also took a photo at the shop

https://imgur.com/a/UD9V1

I'm sorry, for some reason, mozilla failed to inform me there were replies, even though I had the tab open all weekend >_<

I'm not entirely sure what to put in the poll, that's why I didn't do it yet lol But yes, something like that, I think.

I saw an engraving trophy like those, too, but it was pretty big and very expensive. And checking the website for that shop, they don't even have them there. Trophies are cheaper, but they do generally really look like plastic and they're quite generic. The medals are cheap and probably look it, too... Example of the biggest (7cm, 5m diameter of available text space):

medalii-50.jpg

But also, a medal only works nicely if it's in a medal case and can be displayed - and ideally never touched again, to realize it's plastic :P. So one of those engraved things might be best after all... I'll see if I can find other nicer ones, too...

for the banner, I think there will be plenty of fans from the first practices and until the end of FS... we don't have any guarantee we'll run into anyone from TCC to give it personally anyway, so worst case, we can mail them later... However we do it, there'll always be people who won't be able to sign anyway... I don't know.

I was also very lazy this weekend... I had started searching for TCC pictures, but then stopped and yesterday was all the Yuzu stuff... I had wanted to do a mock-up of the way I visualize the banner, but... yeah. I guess until next Saturday it'll be hard for any of us to really think of this lol

TCC and their training and conditioning will be right in our minds all the time, even if we can't spare any brain cells to plan how to express our gratitude. What brain cells I can spare, I need to function.

For the poll, I suggest making it as practical as possible. The form - a book (binder or not), a banner, a trophy (or whatever else it could be). Once that's decided, the details should be easier, right?

Though if it is a book, you could always do a nice hardbound version of messages printed out from satellites who won't be at Milan, with blank pages after that so that those who do come to Milan can write theirs in personally. Use the meet-up page to set up a time and place at the venue, use PH twitter and facebook to let that be known, maybe retweeted by satellites with followers in the FS community. Risk of empty pages, though, so maybe setting it up as an event and seeing how many people are interested, then adding a few more pages to be safe, might be an option.

If it's a banner, you could actually do the same thing if whoever does the collage of messages (or one big message surrounded by signatures, or names of satellites and places they're from, to let them know just how global the gratitude is) can make sure there's space for more people to add their own when they're at Milan. But that kind of risks getting the banner a little messy, so I don't know...

You might have guessed I won't vote for the trophy lol Expense/fragility/potential tackiness all make me shy away from that even if it's a great idea in theory.

3 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

So...what happened to this project/idea?

Sorry, been on standby trying to survive this weekend lol

I guess some of how it goes will depend on whether Yuzu will be there or not. Though Brian and probably Tracy will be there.

We'll see. I still want to do something, badly. Even if it'll end up just being mailed. Or even e-mailed. lol TCC was absolutely awesome this Olympics and they deserve all the praise and recognition, IMO.

On 2/9/2018 at 3:40 AM, Xen said:

I think if possible, maybe for next season even, we could do a good banner that can be hung up at an event, and then given to team TCC so they could hang it in their offices.

This is a great idea!!

Whether or not Yuzu continues skating, Brian and Tracy will continue coaching, and at small competitions you can see them, so we can give it to them in competitions or mail it to them.

and I agree that the banner should not be focused on the skaters and should be more focused on the coaches

Trophies seem like a good idea too!!

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Sorry, been on standby trying to survive this weekend lol

I guess some of how it goes will depend on whether Yuzu will be there or not. Though Brian and probably Tracy will be there.

We'll see. I still want to do something, badly. Even if it'll end up just being mailed. Or even e-mailed. lol TCC was absolutely awesome this Olympics and they deserve all the praise and recognition, IMO.

Yes, I can undertand well. But because, as you said, his team has been so important to help him to fulfill one of his most important dreams overcoming this difficult period, they really deserve praise and recognition (you found the rights words) from us.

I have not particular ideas about that, but I am Italian and also if Yuzu will not go to Milan for Worlds, I will go for sure on Friday and Saturday. So, If I can help in some way, let me know about it.

Just a thought:  I've noticed some terrific art from fans who post here. What about asking one of them to do a rendering of Brian, Tracy, and Ghislain? Kind of a group portrait of Yuzu's three Olympic coaches? Then professionally frame it and send it to TCC with a letter of appreciation from Planet Hanyu (using stationery printed with the gorgeous Hanyu banner from this site).

Whatever you decide to do, my suggestion is to wait until after the end of this season. The Olympics are an especially exhausting time for coaches and sending them anything, however well meaning, can just end up being burdensome to them. But after things have calmed down and everyone is suffering from the usual post-Olympic blues, a gift from appreciative fans could be quite a treat. 

• 1 month later...