Team Japan

On 7/3/2021 at 3:02 PM, Paskud said:

Which why if Mana won't get this NHK host spot (and likely she will not), she can kiss goodbye any international competitions in future.

:knc_brian3:

:disapproval:

:war:

I mean, you're right, but...:sigh:

looking at how she is being scored vs Rino... Judges gave them a 4 points gap in PCS. On cleanish SP. :13877886:

(talking about the SP because in the FS Mana made more mistakes, so they had the excuse to keep a wide PCS gap. But in the SP she had been pretty much as clean as Rino, from protocols: just an ! and overall higher BV because better levels on spins, no elements with negative GOE).

and Rino is apparently adding 3A in the FS too

53 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

:knc_brian3:

:disapproval:

:war:

I mean, you're right, but...:sigh:

looking at how she is being scored vs Rino... Judges gave them a 4 points gap in PCS. On cleanish SP. :13877886:

(talking about the SP because in the FS Mana made more mistakes, so they had the excuse to keep a wide PCS gap. But in the SP she had been pretty much as clean as Rino, from protocols: just an ! and overall higher BV because better levels on spins, no elements with negative GOE).

and Rino is apparently adding 3A in the FS too

I posted about this competition already.:68271262:

It's not even Rino. Look how Yuhana in SP had layback spin level base -3 GOE (whatever happened there) plus one level less on combo spin and she still was only half a point behind Mana. And Yuhana is worse skater than Mana.

https://www.jsfresults.com/local/2021-2022/fs/22/284/data0203.pdf

Yes, I know this is competition in Nagoya, but situation won't really change between cities. Not in this case.

I guess for Mana there are also 2 small hopes:

1. Winning JNats, becuase winner goes to championships according to rules, no matter who it is. easy-peasy

2. I guess she is still age eligible to juniors, so JSF can degrade and send her + whoever will win junior nats to JWC (like with Yuna in 2019). But who said that they will. Especially that now with Hana, Ami, Sakurako, Ayumi and maybe revived Momoka they have more than enough girls to choose from.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:42 PM, Paskud said:

Nagoya City Skating Competition

https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2Clocal/2021-2022/fs/22/284/index.htm

among skaters: Rino Matsuike, Mana Kawabe, Yuhana Yokoi, Yura Matsuda, Nana Araki, Rin Nitaya, Miyabi Oba, Chisato Uramatsu, Tatsuya Tsuboi, Ikura Kushida, Kinayu Yokoi, Hana Yoshida, Yukari Yamane

trying not to think what this comp means. -______-

From Ayumi:
"As you know, Shingo has already been quarantining for 21 days due to various troubles. However, even in such a tough situation, he is patiently trying his best. Won't you send him a message of support to cheer him up?
Let's deliver a message of support with the following hashtag:
#真瑚くん頑張れ (Shingo kun, ganbare = Go, Shingo! Hang in there, Shingo! You got this, Shingo! etc.)"

Apparently, Shingo's quarantine period got extended because the test specimen he sent got lost in the mail. I think Canada is taking necessary measures, but it must have been tough for him to have to wait much longer than he thought. I hope he will soon be confirmed clear of COVID and be able to get back on the ice.

15 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

From Ayumi:
"As you know, Shingo has already been quarantining for 21 days due to various troubles. However, even in such a tough situation, he is patiently trying his best. Won't you send him a message of support to cheer him up?
Let's deliver a message of support with the following hashtag:
#真瑚くん頑張れ (Shingo kun, ganbare = Go, Shingo! Hang in there, Shingo! You got this, Shingo! etc.)"

Apparently, Shingo's quarantine period got extended because the test specimen he sent got lost in the mail. I think Canada is taking necessary measures, but it must have been tough for him to have to wait much longer than he thought. I hope he will soon be confirmed clear of COVID and be able to get back on the ice.

Thank you for the translation. I feel sorry for him, it sounds so tough. 

JSF released their selection criteria for Beijin2022.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2021/07/14/kiji/20210714s00079000457000c.html

They will select the team member from among those who have met the following criteria by the end of JNats:

-Those who of Japanese nationality and are age-eligible to take part in the Olympics.

-Those who have been selected by JSF and accredited by JOC as Olympic team member candidates and can undergo the pre-departure check by the appointed time.

-Those who have earned the minimum technical element score to participate Beijing2022 set by ISU.

How they select:

For Men and Ladies' singles

-JNats champion will be selected as the first member

-The second member will be selected from those who meet one of the following criteria after overall evaluation:

--2nd and 3rd place finisher of JNats

--Top two finishers of GPF

--Top three Japanese skaters in the ISU Season Best Scores ranking at the end of JNats

-The third member will be selected from those who meet one of the following criteria after overall evaluation:

--Those who meet the criteria for the second member but have not been selected as a team member.

--Top three Japanese skaters in the ISU World Standing at the end of JNats

--Top three Japanese skaters in the ISU Season's World Ranking at the end of JNats

--Those who earned the top 2 season's technical best scores at international competitions to which JSF assigned them or at domestic competitions specified by JSF (East and West Japan Senior and Junior Championships, Japanese Junior Nationals, JNats)

For Pairs and Ice Dance:

The team member will be selected from those who meet the following criteria after an overall evaluation.

-JNats champion

-The top Japanese team in the ISU World Standing at the end of JNats.

-The top Japanese team in the ISU Season World Ranking at the end of JNats.

-The top Japanese team in the ISU Season Best Scores ranking at the end of JNats

*They are all required to compete at JNats, which is the final qualifying event. However, when a skater who has podiumed at World Championships in the past could not participate in JNats for unavoidable reasons such as an injury, JSF may select them, evaluating the skater's condition at the time around JNats and their results before the occurrence of the cause of withdrawal.

*JSF will set new criteria when the competitions in the selection criteria get postponed, canceled, or when they cannot send skaters to such competitions due to the spread of COVID-19.

Caution: This is not a word-for-word translation!

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Why? Because of actors she listed?👀

I'm not sure if you have seen her Titanic costume yet as I recall you saying you haven't watched her program yet, but I think most of us on the DoI thread were not particularly fond of the dress. It has a heavy look and hides her movements. To think that she chose the design for this costume without hesitation and her saying that she really likes the design... :13877886:

And then there was last season's FP where she chose the music herself too...