Team Japan

:offtopic2:

11 hours ago, sweetwater said:

ETA2: (Looking at Paskud's status above) So I will have to go through Eteri period after 4A and celebrating GOAT period... to learn what life is like... or is it a custom-made status?

It's custom-made.:68468287:

:68271262:

44 minutes ago, Paskud said:

:offtopic2:

It's custom-made.:68468287:

:68271262:

:offtopic2:Thank you! :thanks: I'm relieved! :biggrin: (Well, I would take it because life usually has many ups and downs but having Eteri drama moments between Yuzu roller-coasters is a bit too real!)

23 hours ago, sweetwater said:

While I was wondering if our skaters would be able to enter Canada anytime soon, Shingo arrived there. IN IGS he says he has to quarantine for 3days for a starter.

As for Yuzu, I have no idea what is best for him, but I would be happy if he has multiple options and can go to Canada when he needs to train with his coaches or to receive good care from whoever has been treating his injuries in recent years.

Update from Ayumi as well:

"I am soooo excited to start training after quarantine.
I can't wait to meet my coaches and teammates!"
You can find a longer comment on her IG post. According to her Japanese comment, they will be able to resume training after 14 days of quarantine. Until then, she and Shingo will be doing what they can via zoom to be able to start training in a good condition. Among the 4 photos in her IG post, apparently, the first one is showing how AyuShin are doing now, and the others are saying hi and thanks to the skaters they have been sharing the ice with during the past few months.

Here is part 1 of an interview they gave before leaving Japan. (Sorry but I cannot provide a translation now) You can see how they were training in Japan around 3:30 and 5:15 mark.

Nagoya City Skating Competition

https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2Clocal/2021-2022/fs/22/284/index.htm

among skaters: Rino Matsuike, Mana Kawabe, Yuhana Yokoi, Yura Matsuda, Nana Araki, Rin Nitaya, Miyabi Oba, Chisato Uramatsu, Tatsuya Tsuboi, Ikura Kushida, Kinayu Yokoi, Hana Yoshida, Yukari Yamane

trying not to think what this comp means. -______-

31 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

Do we know if Hana stays in Juniors next season? And Kinayu, Chisato? 

Hana: Of course she does. She has no choice.

Kinayu: I guess? No point in going to seniors.

Chisato: I don't think so. Should be relatively easier to qualify to JNats via seniors. In competition above she is in seniors.

Gensan Summer Cup

9-12 August

https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2Clocal/2021-2022/fs/25/260/index.htm

among skaters: Kao Miura, Yuma Kagiyama, Yuto Kishina, Kazuki Tomono, Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda, Sena Miyake, Taichiro Yamakuma, Serina Okada, Ikura Kushida, Ayumi Shibayama, Mao Shimada, Rion Sumiyoshi, Sakurako Daimon, Yo Takagi, Azusa Tanaka, Yurina Okuno, Juria Tamura, Ami Nakai, Sara Honda, Yukari Yamane, Kinayu Yokoi, Hana Yoshida, Nana Araki, Chisato Uramatsu, Rie Imanaga, Miyabi Oba, Ayumi Kagotani, Mana Kawabe, Kaori Sakamoto, Yuna Shiraiwa, Rin Nitaya, Wakaba Higuchi, Rino Matsuike, Yura Matsuda, Mai Mihara, Saki Miyake, Satoko Miyahara, Mako Yamashita, Yuhana Yokoi, Rinka Watanabe

13 hours ago, Paskud said:

Hana: Of course she does. She has no choice.

Kinayu: I guess? No point in going to seniors.

Chisato: I don't think so. Should be relatively easier to qualify to JNats via seniors. In competition above she is in seniors.

Thanks. I don't know why I thought Hana was already eligible for seniors. 

On 7/3/2021 at 2:37 PM, Lizzy said:

Thanks. I don't know why I thought Hana was already eligible for seniors

She is.

Basically, she has no SB from 19/20 season, without high SB she won't get GP assignments and her only chance to get it now is via JGP and junior worlds (considering that in recent years only skaters with GP assignments went to challengers).

Which is why if Mana won't get this NHK host spot (and likely she will not), she can kiss goodbye any international competitions in future.

16 minutes ago, Paskud said:

She is.

Basically, she has no SB from 19/20 season, without high SB she won't get GP assignments and her only chance to get it now is via JGP and junior worlds (considering that in recent years only skaters with GP assignments went to challengers).

Which why if Mana won't get this NHK host spot (and likely she will not), she can kiss goodbye any international competitions in future.

I see :(  But can't Mana be sent to a Challenger to get a SB ? It is so frustrating, she has so much potential :sigh:

38 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

I see :(  But can't Mana be sent to a Challenger to get a SB ? It is so frustrating, she has so much potential :sigh:

In theory she can, but in recent years JSF sent to challengers only skaters who already got GP assignments. Not even 3a will save you, ask Ayaka.

Maybe they will change their strategy, but even then - Mana deserves more than just one chance that would be do-or-die for her.

Or maybe I shouldn't complain, because right now she doesn't have even that much.🥴