Team Japan

1 hour ago, cinemacoconut said:

R there any prominent novice or jr skaters in team japan to look out for?? I know the 3 that are going to worlds. But I wana knw the novice ones: the ones with massive talent 

Well, normally we'd advise against investing too much. But if you must, the ones I'd recommend are:

-Ladies: Nana Araki (not going to worlds I think),  Mako Yamashita, Yuhana Yokoi, Sui Takeuchi, Moa Iwano, Akari Matsuoka (amazing spins)

- Men's: not many to choose from, probably Shun Sato, Sena Miyake, Mitsuki Sumoto, Koshiro Shimada

JPN ladies field is more interesting than the men's right now. Quite a number of 3As among the Junior ladies, while some of the boys have shaky 3A's and no stable consistent quads yet I think.

9 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I want Shoma to be World Champion for 3 spots 

Where is this coming from all the time that Shoma winning Worlds would automatically get them three spots? Someone please explain the rules to me again, because apparently I don't get it. As far as I understand the rules:

Shoma goes alone to Worlds and places 1st or 2nd = 3 spots

Shoma + 1 or 2 others go to Worlds = if Shoma wins, one of the other guys still has to place 12th or lower to get 3 spots.

What am I missing?

8 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Where is this coming from all the time that Shoma winning Worlds would automatically get them three spots? Someone please explain the rules to me again, because apparently I don't get it. As far as I understand the rules:

Shoma goes alone to Worlds and places 1st or 2nd = 3 spots

Shoma + 1 or 2 others go to Worlds = if Shoma wins, one of the other guys still has to place 12th or lower to get 3 spots.

What am I missing?

You are right. So it depends more on how other team Japan members do in Worlds.

1 hour ago, b138oo said:

Yess, the younger skaters need to step up. Japan has been relying on Yuzu for around 7 years now. And in the last 6 years of his participation at WC, he only missed the podium once and he literally skated with flu. He never bombed his performance to the point he doomed his team, even when he’s severely injured. So, really the younger generation needs to learn from him and comes out 

Let's see how Uno is going to manage the pressure. This time, he can't hide behind Yuzuru, the expectations are on him now and he has to do a lot of work to secure 3 spots for next year. It's not the same as at nationals, where there is nobody who can challenge him when Yuzuru is not there

14 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

Let's see how Uno is going to manage the pressure. This time, he can't hide behind Yuzuru, the expectations are on him now and he has to do a lot of work to secure 3 spots for next year. It's not the same as at nationals, where there is nobody who can challenge him when Yuzuru is not there

I'm more worried for Kazuki & Keiji. They're essentially fighting for that 3rd spot right now because, barring disaster, if they only get 2 spots in for Tokyo2019 then those 2 spots will definitely be Yuzu & Shoma.

12 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

Let's hope he does well! He's nice!