28 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Some statistics on Shoma and Yuzu... I've seen some doubt the accuracy of the numbers, can someone help with that? According to the numbers given here, it seems to me that the height and size of Yuzu's jumps are a lot smaller than I thought. I know Yuzu doesn't have the biggest or highest jumps, but I never thought that his jumps are smaller than Shoma's?

Uh, someone needs to point JPN media to that one perform Live analysis of Yuzu's 4Lz where he had a height of 69-72 cm and a distance coverage of 2.9-3.2 meters, with an airtime of almost 0.8 seconds (hence his delayed rotation). Yuzu might not have the biggest jumps of the guys anymore, but Shoma's jumps are not HUGE either.

You know if you're going to lie at least make it believable. No one in their right minds would actually believe Yuzuru has quads that's are 48cm avg ,  when some, if not most of his TRIPLES are 50+cm on avg.

Also re-comparison to Shoma, Yuzuru can't have shorter height and distance, AND slower rotation than Shoma. Unless they're trying to imply Yuzuru severely prerotates Yuzuru pre rotating, that's hilarious lmao, underrotates or << his jumps more often than not he doesn't, or that Shoma has a huge af delayed rotations he doesn't .

That last part required 0 FS watching, it's just common sense and basic correlation.

44 minutes ago, Anony said:

48 cm???? Yuzuru's 3Lz is at least 50+, 48 cm on a f*cking quad don't make me laugh.

11 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

JPN fans are bringing their receipts :biggrin:

I'm here to join in the laughter after @xeyra told from the general thread we're doing it here. *laughs :anger: 

8 minutes ago, Anony said:

You know if you're going to lie at least make it believable. No one in their right minds would actually believe Yuzuru has quads that's are 48cm avg ,  when some, if not most of his TRIPLES are 50+cm on avg.

Also re-comparison to Shoma, Yuzuru can't have shorter height and distance, AND slower rotation than Shoma. Unless they're trying to imply Yuzuru severely prerotates Yuzuru pre rotating, that's hilarious lmao, underrotates or << his jumps more often than not he doesn't, or that Shoma has a huge af delayed rotations he doesn't .

That last part required 0 FS watching, it's just common sense and basic correlation.

So basically the mathematics of this are contradictory. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Anony said:

"mathemathics"

they def didn't pull those numbers out of their areas, nope, totally data and not random numbers

I just don't understand why a Chukyo professor would actually publicly publish data with contradictory mathematics that don't make sense (and are visually unproved) unless they want to not have new students in their university.... My explanation is somewhere in editing someone switched Yuzu and Shoma's name labels on the table. And even then it's weird. 

Just now, xeyra said:

I just don't understand why a Chukyo professor would actually publicly publish data with contradictory mathematics that don't make sense (and are visually unproved) unless they want to not have new students in their university.... My explanation is somewhere in editing someone switched Yuzu and Shoma's name labels on the table. And even then it's weird. 

Whatever they're trying to play with, it's not worth pulling down Yuzuru and opening Shoma for scrutiny so honestly, idk what tf they're doing this or how the hell anyone thought this would benefit anyone.

How can someone have better height and distance and faster rotation at the same time ? Its like saying Polina Tsurskaya has Satoko's rotation speed, is that even possible ?

This is not the first time JPN media try to make Yuzuru look worse, I dont know why they do this but these kind of comparison doesn't do Shoma any favor either. 

Edit : They didn't specify which kind of quads, which competitions they used, which method they applied either which mean no reference no source.... Sorry but this data/analysis dont have any chance to see any lecturer in my university, learning advisor will burn it at the first sight :laughing: 

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Are they comparing 4Los or quads in general?

From my understanding, they didn't specify which jump they are comparing, only a quadruple jump from 2016-17 season. I don't think they say which match they got the data from either.

ETA: They said the "best" quadruple jump they did in 2016-17, and nothing else. (I don't know what they mean by that to be honest.)

3 minutes ago, Anony said:

Whatever they're trying to play with, it's not worth pulling down Yuzuru and opening Shoma for scrutiny so honestly, idk what tf they're doing this or how the hell anyone thought this would benefit anyone.

Reverse Psychology ?

10 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

From my understanding, they didn't specify which jump they are comparing, only a quadruple jump from 2016-17 season. I don't think they say which match they got the data from either.

It won't be fair if they did only one jump either. They should at least get the average for both Yuzu and Shoma's jumps.