45 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

So, I've made my peace with goung to Worlds bjt not seeing Yuzu.

But, why not Mura? Does anyone know? 

I feel like he hasn't been training since 4CC. Most of his appearance on twitter is promoting a clothing/shoe(?) brand. No official report if he's retiring but I guess there's a big chance he is.

56 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Nathan performs better without zu's presence so my guess for mens podium at worlds

1. Nathan

2. Shoma

3. Boyang.

Who agrees? 

Could be any combination of the above. Nathan has the highest BV potential, but he also seems to be the least clean this season among them. Shoma is capable of beating Nathan, Boyang could score over 300 if he goes clean. Personally, I'd be highly amused if it goes Boyang-Shoma-Nathan. And you are also forgetting Vincent Zhou. =P

Nathan can win he won't bomb, but he has nerve problem and can even be off podium when he's off (World and Oly, most important events) so Idk, it depends his current mentality, and as I know he's injured too? Shoma and Boyang can make use of their chance esp there's not a big gap among top 3 at alll, but Boyang is never judge's fav and Shoma often doesn't do well if Yuzu isn't there to shield him. Podium might be whatever order of top 3. There's Vincent Zhou but I don't think he can kick someone out of podium except one of the trinity flop real hard.

I'm rooting for Boyang to take Gold. It may take an act of God because of his lower BV vis-a-vis Nathan and lower PCS vis-a-vis Shoma but I like him the best out of the three.

Anyway, is there anybody else besides the so-called sQuad + vincent in contention? ): They're all pretty unbalanced, I would like to see a more well-rounded world champ.

1 hour ago, wombat-poodle said:

Anyway, is there anybody else besides the so-called sQuad + vincent in contention? ): They're all pretty unbalanced, I would like to see a more well-rounded world champ.

It's unrealistic to expect a well-rounded contention at the moment. The scoring system favors sQuad so young skaters only focus on quads to improve their score (rather than other low-rewarded elements). The older gen like Javi/Patrick are more well rounded but left behind cuz they don't have as many quads. Only when sQuad become saturated everybody-can-do thing that we can expect someone edging out the rest by being good at other elements too.

1 hour ago, wombat-poodle said:

Kolyada, if he can get it together, can be a spoiler.

/also, I hate the term sQuad...... (sorry to whoever started it):slinkaway:/

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

Kolyada, if he can get it together, can be a spoiler.

/also, I hate the term sQuad...... (sorry to whoever started it):slinkaway:/

Oh I totally forgot about poor Kolyada. I'll be somewhat rooting for him, then.

i believe the term originated from tumblr. 

7 minutes ago, monchan said:

It's unrealistic to expect a well-rounded contention at the moment. The scoring system favors sQuad so young skaters only focus on quads to improve their score (rather than other low-rewarded elements). The older gen like Javi/Patrick are more well rounded but left behind cuz they don't have as many quads. Only when sQuad become saturated everybody-can-do thing that we can expect someone edging out the rest by being good at other elements too.

Sigh, I shall just be watching this comp morosely. :shrug: Not the figure skating I came for and started liking, for sure.  

2 hours ago, kamotejojo said:

And calling someone #POPular...:dry:

Ew, nasty people. I hope I never come across them on tumblr. 

I usually block people there, cz it's too much sometimes. And of course, they have the nerve to use other languages to state their nasty comments. I must say, there are plenty in my mother tongue, which made me:headdesk2: . But our general 'netizen' (internet citizen) are notorious for exactly this, so I don't know why I expect differently from the FS fandom section. Naive me. And you know sometimes when it's your mother tongue the 'criticism' can somehow be even uglier than when it is said in your foreign languages? Yeah. That's why I can only imagine how much uglier the criticism Zu's heard from fellow Japanese who, for some reasons or other, are haters.:2:

6 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

Nathan performs better without zu's presence so my guess for mens podium at worlds

1. Nathan

2. Shoma

3. Boyang.

Who agrees? 

He does?!!!! What makes you think that?

TBH I don't really know what we will be getting at Worlds.If he finally manages to be clean in both programs there he will most likely win due to his BV, but can he really do it? Though he may do well since it is a low pressure competition and he is almost guaranteed a medal :shrug:

Not trying to be mean to Nathan, I really want him to do well. I just don't understand why people don't see that he was struggling all season just because he won all his competitions. Medals matter, but when trying to predict results, the actual performances matter more.