Of Seers & Cassandras lost in space – prophesize the GP series!

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

This is my first time submitting my guesses. Is there anyway to look back who I picked? I want to change the junior  ladies abit.  :happy:

Not directly - but I can send you your picks per PM if you want to look through. Or just take the quiz again :)

And tadaaaaa~, the last part of the Grand Prix prediction game is here:

https://www.flexiquiz.com/SC/N/b8a69b04-dc02-4d14-9b07-e727f02641b6

It's longer then the others and ngl, I felt physical pain trying to guess some of these! Having to guess someone for last is horrible :laughing: Together with the Juniors, you can get nearly double the number of points of the previous rounds though, so, eh... no pressure? (It was max 56 points so far. Now Seniors is 92 at max, plus 46 in Juniors = 138. So those top rankings can still change a lot! Why did I do that when I'm so high up currently?!:smiley-laughing021:)

Good luck everyone and tell me if it was as painful for you as it was for me! :embSwan:

Mmm my prediciton for juniors are mostly based on who I'd like to see on podium :P And I'm betting against Sasha about her 4S, so maybe we'll finally see a beautiful fully rotated 4S instead :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: this is my reverse-jinxing in action :hachimaki: (and it's quite likely a clean 4S would put her on top of the podium...so that would go against my podium prediction. My predictions have to be choerent. Choerence is everything :biggrin:). For men, I don't care about the GP standings or number of quads:P  I'm going for those whose SP I like, or something like that. And quadless Mitsuki on podium, please:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

And I expect the battle for ladies to be tighter score-wise.:runaway::smiley-scared003:

@Joey thank you for your hard work :thanks:  I have a couple of questions please

- Does the juniors predictions only have men and ladies? what about pairs and dance? asking becuase that is where my points usually come from  :biggrin:

- Also, How does the scoring work for this round? 

Sorry if you already explained this and I missed it, I blame lack of sleep and too many deadlines for it :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

@Joey thank you for your hard work :thanks:  I have a couple of questions please

- Does the juniors predictions only have men and ladies? what about pairs and dance? asking becuase that is where my points usually come from  :biggrin:

- Also, How does the scoring work for this round? 

Sorry if you already explained this and I missed it, I blame lack of sleep and too many deadlines for it :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Yes, the Junior round only includes the single disciplines, for the simple reason that I thought it would get too long otherwise with all 4 disciplines in Juniors & Seniors & bonus questions (and I thought it's the disciplines people are even less likely to have watched ^^"). I don't think you have to worry about losing points there, at least not compared to everyone else - as everyone usually gets their points from pairs & dance "xD

As for the scoring, regarding the top 3 & bonus questions, everything stays the same. Getting a 4th + 6th place finisher right gives you an additional 2 points each. In case you have all 4th - 6th correct it's another 2 points as bonus - so they are basically like the top 3, just the "value" is a bit lower :)

9 minutes ago, Joey said:

Yes, the Junior round only includes the single disciplines, for the simple reason that I thought it would get too long otherwise with all 4 disciplines in Juniors & Seniors & bonus questions (and I thought it's the disciplines people are even less likely to have watched ^^"). I don't think you have to worry about losing points there, at least not compared to everyone else - as everyone usually gets their points from pairs & dance "xD

As for the scoring, regarding the top 3 & bonus questions, everything stays the same. Getting a 4th + 6th place finisher right gives you an additional 2 points each. In case you have all 4th - 6th correct it's another 2 points as bonus - so they are basically like the top 3, just the "value" is a bit lower :)

Got it, thanks  :2thumbsup:

3 hours ago, DaPurpleDino said:

I didnt realise this was a thing here! Can I still join even if its the final of the GP series hahaha

Of course you can! We'll be doing Nationals & the big events later too, although it's not 100% clear yet how exactly ;)

And @crazykuroneko, you're answers were submitted ^^

On 11/19/2017 at 7:27 AM, Joey said:

So, well, uhm.... how do I start this? Let's say we weren't all thaaaaaat successful this week... let's say our points look pretty much as if we were a Japanese ladies skater, judged by the ISU. But I guess that makes sense, because looking at that cursed GP, I think we're representing it perfectly? :goe:

Anyway, of course there are winners - and for the IdF prediction round, those are:

1. freeyafanfan - 30 points

2. Crazykuroneko, Fay, YuzuPon - 26 points

3. novana, SallyCinnamon - 25 points

As for the single disciplines: YuzuPon won the men, with 12 points, followed by Sayu93 & singcarcom with 9. In ladies, the highest point total was 7 points, by YT, novana and Sally. Pairs had exactly one perfect 14, by Crazykuroneko. She's followed by Murieleirum with 12. And in Dance, we have 1 perfect 14 again, by freeyafanfan - which is majorly responsible for her IdF win, given that the next highest point total achieved is 8, so quite the difference!

Congrats to all the winners here! :congratualtions:

As for the answers to the bonus question:

Men - will we have at least one medalist who didn't land any clean quad? Yes, we did, Misha (who was lovely!)

Ladies - will we see more calls for lutz or flip edges, or none/equal number? The answer is flip, since we had the amazing amount of... 1 call overall. It was a ! for Yunas 3F in the LP.

Pairs - will the 3rd podium Pair manage to beat J/C or T/M in at least one of SP or LP? No, they did not. T/M & J/C occupied the first 2 placements in both segments.

Dance - will P/C get a new WR? They did, in FD & overall.

Last part - the overall leaders so far after 5 out of 7 events.

Men: 1. Sayu93 (26 p), 2. LilSailor (25 p), 3. YuzuPon (22 p)

Ladies: 1. Yata (40 p), 2. Singcarcom (39 p), Joey (37 p)

Pairs: 1. Crazykuroneko (52 p), kitsune & ralucutzagy (48 p), Joey (47 p)

Dance: 1. golden & Yata (58 p), Lily (54 p), xeyra & Joey (52 p)

Overall, showing the leaders with 140+ so far:

1. Yata - 151 points

2. Joey - 148

3. kitsune - 143

4. Kelly - 142

5. ralucutzagy, Sally - 141

6. Xeyra - 140

And again, thank you everyone for participating. I'll probably get the SA round out on monday as usual:smiley-dance018:

LOL I just saw I won the IdF predicition round I didn't check and didn't join the SA prediction either :smiley-laughing021: submitted mine for the JGPF and GPF :smiley-happy085: