General Yuzuru Chat

Pigeon news!

“Regarding concerns over a familiar program, Brian Orser who coaches Hanyu disagrees. ‘Not only is it a program that wows no matter who sees it, the choreography has also been updated. But, there is a need to raise the level.”

-Nikkan Sports

- Hanyu, firm and clearly: “Since the time when I achieved good performances in 15-16 season, I’ve decided that I wanted to skate to it in Olympic season. I decided without any hesitation.”

Daily

“Riding upon the melody of Japanese flutes and taiko, Hanyu began to skate. He showed a born-again onmyoji as he easily landed 4T three-jump combo, 4S two-jump combo and more.”

Asahi

BO: “Both jumps and skills are going up. It’ll become a high level program” displays confidence at performance that exceeds two seasons ago.

Sponichi

Honestly... name me a skater that would have the courage to take two programs skated to PERFECTION that made the CURRENT WORLD RECORD, and say: I will do better. 

I feel so emotional... I am so happy... I believe in him... thank you, Yuzu, for being the human being that you are. 

Just now, Anya said:

I dont know, but IIRC Satton is doing both Jpn inspired programs

Guys...chill, it should be alright. Much as Korea and China have a beef with Japan, it's primarily over modern history and politics. Japanese traditional culture is still pretty decently respected. I doubt that Yuzu and Satton will attract that much hate-if any, it would come from a small fringe of extreme patriotic guys who would dislike them just because they are japanese (not because of the music choices).

Just now, kaeryth said:

The thing is... unlike H&L, Seimei was UNIVERSALLY loved. Even by non-yuzu fans. It's a powerful program that is easy to get. It draws you into the performance.

Yes, Seimei is..like Yuzuru himself, if that makes sense - The program suits him perfectly. I can't wait to hear his thoughts about skating to it again! :space: