General Yuzuru Chat

I didn't think my comment about his 3F was gonna cause some controversy. :rofl:

Honestly, I just found it funny because I haven't actually payed much attention to his earlier protocols.

I thought when people say that he always got an edge call for his 3F, it was an exaggeration.

I didn't realise it literally was ALWAYS. Well, for the 2010-2011 season anyway.

I'll find out about succeeding seasons when I start gathering the data/links/vids.

35 分ぐらい, Murieleirum said:

But as many of us here already said, our worries and our frustrations aren't because of the unequal treatment in general - but because the rules are changing to the root... and when you accept a technical mistake as 'jumping style', you actually put the skater in danger. 

Not all man are created equal. This is true. To put it in a relevant context, Hanyu has more talent in his pinky finger alone than he knows what to do with, while others may work just as hard and never reach the heights he has.

Not all judges are born responsible. This is also true. And with so many other things at stake in this complicated world we live in, responsibility may not be an option for some. For judges to be responsible, something very fundamental in the way the world works first has to change.

Ugly as the world may seem, it does give us things of exceptional beauty to compensate...like the Melissani Cave in Greece, the Rub' al Khali Dunes on the Arabian Peninsula, and one Yuzuru Hanyu's mind and the sublime skating it has brought forth, for example.

(Yup. This is actually a Fanyu propaganda disguised as something I would imagine Yoda or Uncle Ben might say. Haha! Sorry. Y'all can just ignore me. I think there was something in the food I ate tonite...)

Hi guys, off the topic.. but anyone have a link skating draw if any events? I just love watching it. Thank you in advance..

Btw, can someone give me a piece of mind because as a new fan, im really paranoid for next season.. argh~ I just want for yuzuru to get all that gold because he deserve it soooo much.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I actually feel kinda sorry for those who don't get treated as strictly as Hanyu was, still is. All these has only empowered Hanyu, not hold him back. Getting lenient treatment, even if you have the will to improve yourself, is still something that will ultimately stunt your growth and prevent you from reaching your true potential. And being able to get close to that is the only surefire way you can stay on top without relying on the whims of others to be there. These have all been said before. But I find it very true and so find no harm in reiterating. ^_^;

Then again, it isn't everyday that someone like Hanyu--whose unique world view enables him to see all these as empowerment, maybe even as his privilege, rather than setbacks--comes along, so maybe it is what it is and everything is the way it should be.

Yeah... being treated strictly might be what Yuzuru prefers. He is not the type who likes being taken lenient. It is just his personality.

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm glad they called his 3F all those times! His 3Flip is glorious! In fact, I wish they did this with every skater... for equal treatment... :yznotimpressed:

I know exactly what you meant. The unequal treatment is why some skaters *cough* just couldn't win my heart the way Yuzu did.

I'm pretty sure Yuzu knew he lipped badly back then and expected the edge calls. He still brought the 3F to competition, probably because of its BV. I am not quite sure (I need to check rules) if nowadays edge calls also lower BV or if they're just supposed to be an automatic -3 GOE, but I'm sure the penalties for edge calls increased over time and Yuzu knew he had to fix it.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Honestly, I just found it funny because I haven't actually payed much attention to his earlier protocols.

I thought when people say that he always got an edge call for his 3F, it was an exaggeration.

I didn't realise it literally was ALWAYS. Well, for the 2010-2011 season anyway.

I'll find out about succeeding seasons when I start gathering the data/links/vids.

He also got it for his two junior seasons. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

I'm pretty sure Yuzu knew he lipped badly back then and expected the edge calls. He still brought the 3F to competition, probably because of its BV. I am not quite sure (I need to check rules) if nowadays edge calls also lower BV or if they're just supposed to be an automatic -3 GOE, but I'm sure the penalties for edge calls increased over time and Yuzu knew he had to fix it.

Yuzuru already started fixing his Flip by the peculiar entry he had since he was with coach Abe. I remember the talk that they already tried to fix it by that time. And he actually had flat edge now and then even during the time with Miss Abe. But certainly he need time for it. It took several seasons for him to fix his Flip completely.

The edge call before Vancouver was actually much harsher than today. I remember when Mao and other ladies persistently got edge calls and UR calls, thus judges never give Mao any easy pass on her jumps.

But Mao is a lady so it's much harder for her to fix her edge and UR issue.

In the other hand, Yuzuru only had issue with the Flip. Yuzuru pulls himself up onto the air very fast, that's why he doesn't Lip anymore cause he leaves the ice before the Flip edge rock to the outside. Unlike some skaters (especially ladies), they pull themselves up onto the air quite late and slower, so their edge rock to the wrong side. 

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Yes, Yuzu got an edge an all his eight flips he jumped during the 2010/11 season. Then, in the next season he only got one edge call out of his six 3Fs... If you're interested you can find the data of the success rates of his jumps here

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Of course, we are just reiterating endlessly c: in the end, I am happy Yuzuru's carreer was the one it was. 

Has been. Don't jinx it, now! :fingerscrossed: I am still hoping he continues past 2018, as I haven't managed to see him skate live yet.

14 minutes ago, surimi said:

Has been. Don't jinx it, now! :fingerscrossed: I am still hoping he continues past 2018, as I haven't managed to see him skate live yet.

I should have written "past carreer" :laughing: I'm not 100% sure about it, but something tells me he will keep skating for at least another year after the Olympics... so you can rest assured, you will have many occasions to see him. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I should have written "past carreer" :laughing: I'm not 100% sure about it, but something tells me he will keep skating for at least another year after the Olympics... so you can rest assured, you will have many occasions to see him. 

More accurately 'Yuzu's career up to now' if we're trying to not jinx it ( : 

(also, its completely not your fault but  found it hilarious that this recreated the same feeling as Marin reacting to Yuzu's 'just work hard' comment since it's a good 10hr+ flight and more likely 24hr+ flight to even try and be on the same continent as Yuzu for me hahaha :tumblr_inline_mg16f5AQHM1qdlkyg: )