General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, meoima said:

Hello, is there anything new in this article https://www.nikkansports.com/m/sports/news/amp/201711120000175.html

My Japanese is bad, but from the last paragraph, I think it's quoting Brian, saying that "For a plan that faces towards Olympics, we haven't talked (with Yuzuru) yet", and he doesn't know the details (how long for full recovery) of Yuzuru's condition yet, but he's saying that the complete recovery is the one and only priority now. 

The paragraph before talks about jumps and plans but I'm not sure if it says anything substantial. 

14 minutes ago, meoima said:

Hello, is there anything new in this article https://www.nikkansports.com/m/sports/news/amp/201711120000175.html

From the headliner: Hanyu watches Miyahara on TV, prepares new plan for [injury]treatment.

What we already know about his day today, diet of speedy recovery blah blah, Lutz is new and risky blah blah, Brian(d?) said he still hasn't talked [with Yuzu] about plans for PC and how they are affected by that, [probably]will gradually rebuild plan for PC made since the final of Sochi. Right now, don't know if anything in the program (I assume layout) will change, [they] want to think about that after Yuzu's healthy again (it's no.1 priority).

Murieleirum has beaten me to it xD

About using his mouth and teeth to remove his jacket and gloves...

As fun as it is to see him do this, I can't help but think this puts him in danger of putting germs in his mouth :facepalm:. Especially the gloves if he's wearing them to touch other things. Sorry, this is the germaphobe in me talking, but seeing as he had a fever earlier and the flu last year, I'd be extra diligent about hand washing and touching my mouth, ears, eyes, etc with my hands after touching things others may have touched - and with being fervent in washing my hands.

This is such good news to wake up to. Good to see he can now watch skating on TV. 

But did he.watch the mens? If he did, did he go "Oh, so you can still do quads at age 30?!" If yes, I  think we may have a lot more rollercoaster seasons to live through. Though by now, we have all gained partial immunity, with extra strong hearts to boot.

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

This is such good news to wake up to. Good to see he can now watch skating on TV. 

But did he.watch the mens? If he did, did he go "Oh, so you can still do quads at age 30?!" If yes, I  think we may have a lot more rollercoaster seasons to live through. Though by now, we have all gained partial immunity, with extra strong hearts to boot.

Do we really? Cuz every time I thought my heart is strong enough he proves me wrong. I don't even know whether to :xD: about it or :sadPooh: tbh.

3 hours ago, liv said:

Lol. You guys are funny. What did you think he was doing, crying into a tub of ice cream? Now that his initial shock is over, of course he's going to do everything he's told to do to get better... and more besides.... and you know he'd watch the skating. That's his life, if he can't do it, he's gonna watch it!! I"m surprised he's still in Osaka, but maybe he decided to keep to the original travel plans. And who knows, maybe he's doing interviews, footage for fluff pieces etc., ahead of Nationals and Olys that he can now do instead of doing later... then there will be more time to focus on the next goal and train towards it.

I think that was what we were doing! :smiley-laughing021:

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

There was something about JSF having been informed that he expected to be ready for nationals. Was that an actual source? Or speculation?

It is so frustrating to have to depend on translations.

I'm not sure. I looked at the article. With my broken Japanese, I gathered that it's from a comment by Ito Hidehito, chairman of the JSF, and that he got the information from someone related (literally what it says), which I assume is someone from team Yuzu. It's vague, but I suppose it's legit? :shrug:  Though, Yuzu is expected to be ready for nationals, not guaranteed to be ready for nationals...We just have to wait for more updates...:slinkaway:

1 minute ago, singcarcom said:

I'm not sure. I looked at the article. With my broken Japanese, I gathered that it's from a comment by Ito Hidehito, chairman of the JSF, and that he got the information from someone related (literally what it says), which I assume is someone from team Yuzu. It's vague, but I suppose it's legit? :shrug:  Though, Yuzu is expected to be ready for nationals, not guaranteed to be ready for nationals...We just have to wait for more updates...:slinkaway:

If it's a legit source and an actual report from JSF, then the implications are all positive. It means that Yuzu's medical team's prognosis is that he can be ready to train in a couple of weeks, because he'd need a couple of weeks of conditioning and training at least before he'd be ready to compete again. That would practically be confirmation that the ligament damage is not bad. It would mean, for sure, that surgery has been ruled unnecessary, too.

Concrete news about his plans of participation in nationals is something I'm anxiously waiting for!

But that report sounds vague and unofficial, so... *sigh*

Unless we hear otherwise, Yuzu basically sprained his ankle... for me that would mean lying around doing nothing, for Yuzu that probably means rest the ankle, but every other body part will be put through its paces.... I hope he takes that patience that he had to learn through his foot injury and applies it here.. no getting out there too quickly. Like Brian said years ago, what you did all year will not disappear with just a few weeks off the ice. Rest, proper rehab, and then getting on the ice...  his position on the team is guaranteed, so he has to think about what is best for the ultimate goal, that shiny gold thing they're giving out in South Korea in February...

To light the mood...it seems that our baby was spotted in Osaka airport. No mask. With good mental status? Right foot was not on the ground but he walked really fast with crutches...He overtook the fan and was discovered...the ANA flight attendant (female) almost had to run to catch him. "I never saw someone who could walk so fast with crutches like that" -- from the weibo fan. source

Zuzu I miss you...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: