Skating on the Planet

30 minutes ago, guitarist said:

Soooooo... I got sick of my neighbors complaining about the guitar noise. So I'm moving out in a month. To an apartment complex that has an ice rink during the winter. Totally didn't influence my decision at all. Really, I swear. But this means I'll be able to practice every day for at least 2 months or so! :biggrin:

Your apartment complex has their own rink? :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

1 minute ago, axelnojutsu said:

Your apartment complex has their own rink? :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Only during the winter, but it's open till 8pm every day, so I'll get at least an hour after work! You have to pay for the season pass, but at $190 for the whole winter it's actually pretty cheap. I just have to go 19 times for it to be worth it. Won't be a challenge at all!

3 hours ago, guitarist said:

Only during the winter, but it's open till 8pm every day, so I'll get at least an hour after work! You have to pay for the season pass, but at $190 for the whole winter it's actually pretty cheap. I just have to go 19 times for it to be worth it. Won't be a challenge at all!

That still sounds pretty sweet! I mean pretty much all rinks here are only open during winter and you basically have a personal one :tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:

also I'm conflicted whether to go skating or watch skating this weekend :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

On 18.11.2017 at 12:05 PM, axelnojutsu said:

I finally got the hang of skating backwards and managed 1 good crossover on each side:tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

(sorry, I’m very excited about my tiny babysteps :tumblr_inline_mzx8txTRzl1r8msi5: )

Congrats!! Backward crossovers are hard!! I had to stop skating for 3 weeks and lost them again and it took me two sessions to relearn them on both sides :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

My babystep is forward outside rockers :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, robin said:

Congrats!! Backward crossovers are hard!! I had to stop skating for 3 weeks and lost them again and it took me two sessions to relearn them on both sides :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

My babystep is forward outside rockers :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Oh no, not backwards crossovers, sorry (that is so far off for me still lol)

I meant like going clockwise or counterclockwise 

I only just learned how to slalom backwards.. :embSwan:

3 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

Oh no, not backwards crossovers, sorry (that is so far off for me still lol)

I meant like going clockwise or counterclockwise 

I only just learned how to slalom backwards.. :embSwan:

Oh sorryyy, I misunderstood you. You‘ll get there soon enough, tho :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

I think it took me about a month after I started skating backwards to dare and try backwards crossovers, at all

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Clockwise backwards crossovers were by far the hardest for me...I couldn't really do them even after skating (casually tho) for a year. 

The thing that really forced me to learn them was that they were the entry to my spins...

Is there a reason why they are so hard? :13877886:I’m still really bad at them

47 minutes ago, robin said:

Oh sorryyy, I misunderstood you. You‘ll get there soon enough, tho :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

I think it took me about a month after I started skating backwards to dare and try backwards crossovers, at all

Nah, looking back it does sound like I was talking about backwards crossovers :headdesk:

21 hours ago, robin said:

I think most people have a preferred orientation, i.e. counterclockwise or clockwise. That's why some skaters jump CCW and some skaters jump CW...it applies to things like crossovers and 3-turns too...and going backwards makes it even harder!

16 hours ago, robin said:

Rockers are hard. I can't do them anymore (or maybe I wasn't actually doing them before, idk) :13877886: otoh my 3 turns are getting more and more effortless

Great! So, when will you be doing a 4T3T out of your 3 turns? :pouty:

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Great! So, when will you be doing a 4T3T out of your 3 turns? :pouty:

Yeah right, what‘s the point of 3 turns if you can‘t jump a 4T combo out of it??? :LOL:

I‘m lucky if I can ever lift off the ice enough to jump a 1T lol