Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

I think the Chopin Nocturne is a great choice for Evgenia, it is slow, beautiful and mature, something which she could interpret well. But personally, I can't get over the fact that when I was a kid, my mum used to play this piece on the piano about ten times a day, and I got bored with it so much that I can barely listen to it. :facepalm:

Her FS music surprises me a bit that it's not a warhorse. And also because both her SP and FS will be quite slow pieces of music.

I look forward to see what Averbukh has choreographed for her.

I am sure her choreography will be very similar to the last 2 programs. Hopefully, there will be no miming. I hope Averbukh gives her something better.  I think she is capable of better than the cookie cutter programs from the last 2 years. I like the music, though, so there's hope.

15 hours ago, cucciolo888 said:

choreographer is Ilia Averbukh so...  probably there'll be miming

Lets hope it has less than last season :drama: I can't imagine there's miming in chopin music ... Well, I look forward to Averbukh's interview where he may talk about stories behind these programs and its probably unrelated to the music again. Tbh her music last season are nice ( apart from the voiceover in FS of course) but the problem is the choreos ( and all stories that Averbukh try to stick to it didnt help it either)

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Lets hope it has less than last season :drama: I can't imagine there's miming in chopin music ... Well, I look forward to Averbukh's interview where he may talk about stories behind these programs and its probably unrelated to the music again. Tbh her music last season are nice ( apart from the voiceover in FS of course) but the problem is the choreos ( and all stories that Averbukh try to stick to it didnt help it either)

Chopin is risky program. I don't want melodramatic story behind Chipon:shakehead::confused0066:, why not let Evgenia express music without  any libretto

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

It's actually looking like a good costume? Especially when you factor in Daddy Mura's previous costumes..... :facepalm:

Could be much worse but right now it looks like he has half a tuxedo and it's weird. 

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements