Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

Just now, xeyra said:

I love the choice! I love this music. 

Here's another version.

I think it's original version but it's too short for FS.

That's why I posted another one as example of how longer version may sound (but you never can guess how choreographer will cut the music).

On 18/6/2017 at 3:21 PM, Dara said:

Mai Mihara's new FS is to Gabriel's Oboe from The Mission OST choreographed by David Wilson.

Source: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20170618/k10011021861000.html

This piece suits Mai so well. The piece brings to mind "Hope springs eternal" which fits the flow and joy of her skating so well. 

Other than this, we have the ochestral version conducted by Morricone himself. I can kind of imagine a cut where you start with the main theme, and end with the choral section (around 6:22). 

And then there's another version which combines Gabriel's Oboe with The Falls, as performed by Yo-Yo Ma. Cello rendition sounds lovely too:

11 hours ago, liv said:

Yup, I am excited for this program. Hopefully this collaboration will quiet the 'juniorish' presentation naysayers. She is my Cinderella story. 

Mai is just wonderful, my favourite japanese lady, she has everything: speed, jumping technique is  strong, spins are beautiful, during the season her artristy improved a lot and this lovely cinderella is real fighter.:smiley-love017::smile:

1 hour ago, cucciolo888 said:

Mai is just wonderful, my favourite japanese lady, she has everything: speed, jumping technique is  strong, spins are beautiful, during the season her artristy improved a lot and this lovely cinderella is real fighter.:smiley-love017::smile:

Couldn't agree more... and the fact that she was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis so my respect for her grew even higher.

21 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

Couldn't agree more... and the fact that she was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis so my respect for her grew even higher.

She is fighter.Last season I found my new favourite lady skater. Looking forward to see her new programs, she was actually underscored at worlds, Mai deserved higher PCS. :smiley-love017::popcorn::0006:

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements