Other Sports

sallycinnamon

We are talking about great sporting personalities here, and retirement, and unfortunately there is very bad news about Kobe Bryant, legendary US basketball player who has died today aged 41 years.

I heard a poem he wrote to say goodbye to basketball when he retired in 2015, see below.

Rest in Peace Kobe. (if this should go in another thread please can it be moved? I am not sure where else it should go).

Yeah, RIP Kobe. I've been following this story since it first broke a few hours ago... and now we find out his 13 year old daughter also died...  makes a tragic story even more tragic... because I"m thinking from Kobe's wife's perspective. To lose a spouse is terrible, but to lose a child at the same time? Heartbreaking. This is one of those *where were you when you heard that....* moments.

Australian Open is going on and I don't have time to watch most of it, matches are usually during night, or in the morning in my timezone. Federer won the quarterfinal saving seven match points...it is crazy, he is just incredible. I could only follow the live scores, biting my nails. Djokovic is coming up in the next round. 

https://ausopen.com/articles/match-report/great-escape-federer-beats-sandgren-five

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Australian Open is going on and I don't have time to watch most of it, matches are usually during night, or in the morning in my timezone. Federer won the quarterfinal saving seven match points...it is crazy, he is just incredible. I could only follow the live scores, biting my nails. Djokovic is coming up in the next round. 

https://ausopen.com/articles/match-report/great-escape-federer-beats-sandgren-five

Ikr, the hours are crazy ... ugh ... Simona is playing her quarter final match tonight at 2 am ... I'm planing to set my phone alarm to watch her ...but I can't promise anything. lol

12 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Ikr, the hours are crazy ... ugh ... Simona is playing her quarter final match tonight at 2 am ... I'm planing to set my phone alarm to watch her ...but I can't promise anything. lol

Easy win for Simona :agree:

I should find a live stream for Federer vs Djoko tomorrow while I'll be at work....:/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been getting absent minded, pat on the head, yes that’s very worrying/disappointing reactions from the family to the schemozzle over the cancellation of ISU WC, but now it’s THEFOOTBALLAaaaarghWHATEVERSHALLWEDO😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

In other words football is cancelled in the UK until 3rd April - that is all......