56 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I don't know about you but the screech at 3:12 after the 4S3T is so relatable... I am listening to it on loop and just folding in two laughing...

extremely relatable.... I love his fancams!! He's always so enthusiastic and into it :tumblr_inline_mg16esQ1hY1qdlkyg: This is another great one with multiple screeches. I also like his "yuzu, yuzu, yuzu!" to the beat of the music at 2:32 hahaha

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I don't know about you but the screech at 3:12 after the 4S3T is so relatable... I am listening to it on loop and just folding in two laughing...

I love listening to Enrique CoMa – he is such a huge Yuzu fan. He is Spanish, but it's obvious from listening to him who his favourite is between Yuzu and Javier. You can hear the raw emotion in his voice as he watches Yuzu perform. His irregular breathing, his "please, please" as Yuzu approaches his 4S-3T combo, his "Ole!" and screeching after the 4S-3T combo, the sounds of him sniffing tears of joy, crying out "Yuzuru Hanyu, world champion!" and his final "Yuzuru Hanyu, I love you!"

7 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I love listening to Enrique CoMa – he is such a huge Yuzu fan. He is Spanish, but it's obvious from listening to him who his favourite is between Yuzu and Javier. You can hear the raw emotion in his voice as he watches Yuzu perform. His irregular breathing, his "please, please" as Yuzu approaches his 4S-3T combo, his "Ole!" and screeching after the 4S-3T combo, the sounds of him sniffing tears of joy, crying out "Yuzuru Hanyu, world champion!" and his final "Yuzuru Hanyu, I love you!"

Enrique CoMa is us and we are Enrique CoMa. :xD:

6 hours ago, Plumqueen said:

These are really powerful videos - especially the  second one. 

Could someone give me an idea of what is happening in them?

The first video is the making of the "Hana wa Saku" video dedicated to the victims of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. This was done in June 2014 in collaboration with Yuzu's former coach, Nanami Abe, who choreographed this performance.

The second video is regarding Yuzu's ice show contribution to the 24 Hour Charity program in August 2015. In June 2015, Yuzu visited people still living in temporary housing in Fukushima because of the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster. In one of the scenes, he visited a number of ladies gathered at a craft class in the temporary housing project. They were obviously delighted to see Yuzu. These ladies have all been displaced from their hometown because of the nuclear disaster. In an emotional scene, one of the ladies, the crafts teacher, said that they had been forced away from their hometown ("furusato") for four years because of the disaster and asked Yuzu what thoughts he had about his hometown. Yuzu replied (with a melancholy look) that he was in Canada for training purposes, but no matter how far away he travelled, his hometown remained his hometown. The same lady then tearfully stated that she thought that a hometown provides the same sense of security as that of a mother's womb. Although they had been told that they would be able to return to their hometown relatively soon, they questioned whether it would be as simple as that. Nothing was the same and they faced an uncertain future. Getting together with everyone at the craft class provided the ladies with some positive outlook. One lady said that seeing everyone's faces and being able to talk to everyone at the class made her happy. Yuzu said that he wanted to get good results in his skating so that it would benefit everyone and that he will continue trying hard. The ladies, in turn, said that they will persevere and try hard. Yuzu subsequently invited the people that he visited in temporary housing to the ice rink to watch the ice show that he performed for 24 Hour TV. The musical and vocal accompaniment for Yuzu's performance of "Hana Ni Nare" was provided by Fumiya Sashida (the composer and singer of this song) and a girls choir from the Tohoku area.

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

The first video is the making of the "Hana wa Saku" video dedicated to the victims of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. This was done in June 2014 in collaboration with Yuzu's former coach, Nanami Abe, who choreographed this performance.

The second video is regarding Yuzu's ice show contribution to the 24 Hour Charity program in August 2015. In June 2015, Yuzu visited people still living in temporary housing in Fukushima because of the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster. In one of the scenes, he visited a number of ladies gathered at a craft class in the temporary housing project. They were obviously delighted to see Yuzu. These ladies have all been displaced from their hometown because of the nuclear disaster. In an emotional scene, one of the ladies, the crafts teacher, said that they had been forced away from their hometown ("furusato") for four years because of the disaster and asked Yuzu what thoughts he had about his hometown. Yuzu replied (with a melancholy look) that he was in Canada for training purposes, but no matter how far away he travelled, his hometown remained his hometown. The same lady then tearfully stated that she thought that a hometown provides the same sense of security as that of a mother's womb. Although they had been told that they would be able to return to their hometown relatively soon, they questioned whether it would be as simple as that. Nothing was the same and they faced an uncertain future. Getting together with everyone at the craft class provided the ladies with some positive outlook. One lady said that seeing everyone's faces and being able to talk to everyone at the class made her happy. Yuzu said that he wanted to get good results in his skating so that it would benefit everyone and that he will continue trying hard. The ladies, in turn, said that they will persevere and try hard. Yuzu subsequently invited the people that he visited in temporary housing to the ice rink to watch the ice show that he performed for 24 Hour TV. The musical and vocal accompaniment for Yuzu's performance of "Hana Ni Nare" was provided by Fumiya Sashida (the composer and singer of this song) and a girls choir from the Tohoku area.

I can't thank you enough for this explanation.  I was right on my assumptions for the first video but wrong on the date of it. How wonderful that Yuzu worked with Nanami Abe on this program especially after having moved to Toronto and changing coaches.  In his early competitions, she has always come across as a very special person to me. 

In the second video, I thought the women were former teachers of his, so I was way off the mark. Their grief and hardships really got to me. When he sat on the floor with them, I was so touched by his shared grief and compassion. I caught on to the fact that they were invited to the ice show and were excited by it. 

I am going to look up the lyrics to Hana Ni Mara because this is the second time I've heard  it.  Fumiya Sashida has a beautiful voice and it was so touching to see Yuzu sing along with the music as he performed. 

The first time I heard it was during the New Year's Special??  I think that is what it was called when Yuzu sang along. 

I can think of no person in my country who is as humble and dedicated to others as Yuzu. He always makes me want to to be a better person.

These videos were new to me, and I really appreciate the time you spent to put them in context for me. 

Thank you so much!!

1 hour ago, Plumqueen said:

I can't thank you enough for this explanation.  I was right on my assumptions for the first video but wrong on the date of it. How wonderful that Yuzu worked with Nanami Abe on this program especially after having moved to Toronto and changing coaches.  In his early competitions, she has always come across as a very special person to me. 

In the second video, I thought the women were former teachers of his, so I was way off the mark. Their grief and hardships really got to me. When he sat on the floor with them, I was so touched by his shared grief and compassion. I caught on to the fact that they were invited to the ice show and were excited by it. 

I am going to look up the lyrics to Hana Ni Mara because this is the second time I've heard  it.  Fumiya Sashida has a beautiful voice and it was so touching to see Yuzu sing along with the music as he performed. 

The first time I heard it was during the New Year's Special??  I think that is what it was called when Yuzu sang along. 

I can think of no person in my country who is as humble and dedicated to others as Yuzu. He always makes me want to to be a better person.

These videos were new to me, and I really appreciate the time you spent to put them in context for me. 

Thank you so much!!

You're very welcome!

Throwing back to Yuzu's victory parade in Sendai after Sochi, which is one of my favourite videos. Has it been Eng Subbed before?

• Apparently like 92k people showed up, which is actually ridiculous 
  • He had a marching band and it was playing Romeo and Juliet lol
  • The little boy in the crowd with the cutest husky voice who was like 'Hanyu-kun really came! I was so moved! I really saw the gold medal!'
  • His old classmate who was like 'he was really popular in middle school and I always thought he'd become a really incredible person....and he really did become an incredible person.' 
3 hours ago, kaerb said:

Throwing back to Yuzu's victory parade in Sendai after Sochi, which is one of my favourite videos. Has it been Eng Subbed before?

• The little boy in the crowd with the cutest husky voice who was like 'Hanyu-kun really came! I was so moved! I really saw the gold medal!'
  • His old classmate who was like 'he was really popular in middle school and I always thought he'd become a really incredible person....and he really did become an incredible person.' 

I don't recall any subs but that statement reminded me of an anecdote (but I can't find the source, ugh... so I'm paraphrasing) where one of Yuzu's childhood friend/classmate showed a picture of them as kids playing villagers (?) and he said years later Yuzu is now Lord of Sendai and he is still a villager. :rofl:

18 hours ago, kaerb said:

This is the only one that I know of that has been English subtitled:

Watching this again reminded me that Yuzu donated all of his Olympic prize money to the City of Sendai and Miyagi Prefecture.

9 hours ago, Geo1 said:

This is the only one that I know of that has been English subtitled:

Watching this again reminded me that Yuzu donated all of his Olympic prize money to the City of Sendai and Miyagi Prefecture.

Ahh the video is geo-blocked in my country, do you know where I can find it elsewhere? :sorrow:

I ask mostly because if it hasn't been Eng subbed, I'm happy to do a rough summary/translation for those who don't speak Japanese and also as an excuse to practice my own hahaha (but if it has, I won't bother since officially fansubbed versions probably have better translations). But anyway, more fun points from the 1st video (feel free to correct me if I got it wrong)!

• 1:36 Yuzu's cute English! And the newscaster says they're his juniors from his international school but I assume the girl who talked to him knows him because she says his English is better
  • 2:08 Yuzu recognises Romeo and Juliet song and says 'Romijuli??' (which is how the Japanese abbreviate it apparently)
  • The whole time he's like 'wow, there's so many people' and then 'oh no, my hands are tired'
  • He struck a pose for the fans 14 times in 30min
  • 3:01: Little fanboy is called Yuzuki and he's so adorable ( : 3:48 - 'we told him to look over here and he waved his hands like this!')
  • The lady who's banshee-screaming Yuzu's name in the crowd over Yuzuki always makes me laugh and cringe a little
  • 5:09: Please say something to the junior skaters who are aiming for the future
    • ((I attempted to summarise YUZU'S BLOODY LONG COMPLICATED THOUGHT CHAIN which meandered everywhere yuzu whyyyy))
      • Essentially, I think he says that skating is a special type of performance. Even if you do your part and put in effort, it will not always be enough to guarantee a good result but he hopes the junior skaters will not hesitate to put effort in. He says that even if you give your all in order to practice and don't do well - there are changes to the body and there are times when it's quite difficult to do well - the effort itself (or the determination) will pay off in later life. Of course results are important but the act of putting in effort as a human and as an athlete, through their practicing, they can become an excellent person themselves and in society
  • 6:06: 'He could make you feel familiar with him in such a short period of time, he really became 'our Yuzuru'
  • 6:24: 'He was so cool when he was skating but when he did this pose, he became so cute!'