5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I mean, you don't simply wake up one morning and expect to witness a world record. 

I was shattered after the SP, much like most of his fans and himself, and I hoped with all my strenght that he skated as clean as he could. I never expected him to do that

The moment right after the 3 Lz. Best moment in the best moment of my life xD 

yeah omg, i still think about it and smile to myself and look silly. i regret not being able to totally enjoy his ina bauer because i knew the lutz was coming right after, and that lutz...well, anything could happen. but omg. his fist pump...and then his #1 pose during the final spin. i didn't expect that performance, either, after a season of inconsistencies and disappointments. i was gutted after the SP as well, couldn't even get out of bed the next morning to see the women's event (didn't help that i honestly couldn't care less about going), and i just hoped he would skate enough to get on the podium. what we saw still feels like a dream.:big-bed-smiley:

it's odd because it was the best moment of my life. i was honestly happier than during any other accomplishment of my own :P most people won't understand but...can't argue with these feelings haha.

38 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

yeah omg, i still think about it and smile to myself and look silly. i regret not being able to totally enjoy his ina bauer because i knew the lutz was coming right after, and that lutz...well, anything could happen. but omg. his fist pump...and then his #1 pose during the final spin. i didn't expect that performance, either, after a season of inconsistencies and disappointments. i was gutted after the SP as well, couldn't even get out of bed the next morning to see the women's event (didn't help that i honestly couldn't care less about going), and i just hoped he would skate enough to get on the podium. what we saw still feels like a dream.:big-bed-smiley:

it's odd because it was the best moment of my life. i was honestly happier than during any other accomplishment of my own :Pmost people won't understand but...can't argue with these feelings haha.

Hahahah I remember thinking "If he does a mistake on the 4Sal, he can always add a Toeloop and Yolo out an Axel at the end", so when he actually did everything clear, I was kinda worried that instead of the yolo Axel, he was gonna go for the 3Lz! 

The day after the SP, I could have gone out with my sister and visit Helsinki... instead, I stayed home all day, eating cheesy ramen and watching Yuzuru's videos on youtube :rofl:

With the last bolded statement, I'd say people overestimate happiness. Happiness isn't being fulfilled by life, isn't self-realisation, isn't the "best feeling" you can aspire to in life, but it is pretty powerful and awesome, and utopic moments like this one we are talking about are created to bring out such powerful feelings. So maybe most people won't understand because they are exchanging happiness for other, I guess, more complicated positive feelings, not as easily obtainable. To me, happiness is, by nature, a short-lived feeling of excitement over something that concerns us or not, so that definitely fits with what I experienced in Helsinki. Omg I definitely talk too much about these things. 

10 hours ago, Floria said:

Hydroblade + 3A  in 2011

ridiculous...........so talented so young.....and this was the year of the earthquake and tsunami which caused him such trauma.........he's so resilient and determined, admirable qualities.  Hard not to love him!