Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Planet Hanyu!

Hello ^^

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? 2022 January
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? Mm I think in Feb or March 2022. Because it's a Yuzu treasure trove ^^ and I love the events even though I haven't joined any yet
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?no
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?no
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?no
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? Haven't explored a lot yet, but I love the amount videos available ^^ just watched Origin 💖 
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes please
Guest turquoiseblue

Hello and welcome to the Planet, @Gladys, @Meikimari, @johzengil, @Seromonik, @lyndy, @yuzujuice, @yuzuaxelsupremacy, @hanyupooh, @KKY_Joyz, @CarolineHANYU, @yuzugw and @Noor :welcome:

Thank you for joining us :10742289: I hope you all enjoy your time here :10742288:

55 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Its so wonderful to hear that everyone really appreciates the Video archives (DONT MISS the Yonkaiten Pixel folder!), they are literally an unreplaceable TREASURE

And also the 'safe space' and warm feelings you get from the chats. I've lurked in General Chat almost daily for years, its true that there is very very little 'drama' or fighting going on, makes me proud to be a Fanyu and to know that Yuzu would be (IS???) proud of us as well!

@BrightonDogwoods I agree with everything you said :2thumbsup: 

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the satellites who have contributed to the video archives :thanks: You are the best :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::worship::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? 2016 during h&l 
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I was always watching stuff here but signed in during beijing because I wanted to talk with people
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? noo :(
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? noo :( I wish tho
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Its really expensive for me to attend competitions due to currency changes and I am really far from many competition locations so no :(
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? I love how it's a place without judgement about how we are all inspried from Yuzuru and I think its very valuable how its a journal of his entire skating journey so everyone can access it easily  
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? yes pls I have no merch :( whatsoever 

Thanks so much for this giveaway! Happy Anniversary!!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? I was really impressed with Yuzu's short program in the 2014 Sochi Olympics but didn't actively follow him. It wasn't until his second Olympic win in 2018 that I became a really big fan of Yuzu.
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I signed up in 2018 after the Olympics and this site was an awesome resource for everything Yuzu.
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? No
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? I've met a couple of satellites at Skate Canada 2019 but didn't officially attend any meetups.
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? Lots and lots of info on everything related to Yuzu!
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes. Thank you!
  1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?
    WC 2012. Etude costume was the one that got my attention.
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?
    2019. I was lurking for a while at that time and finally mustered the courage to write something, especially comments during competitions.
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Yes
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? Yes
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Yes. I have to say that exchanging gifts at a competition and preparing surprises together for Yuzu is truly something special (for those of you who haven't done it yet, it's a must)
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? The comments during competitions, the links and resources provided, the good organization and the fact that people are unapollogetically Yuzu fans. There's never too much gushing over him here.
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes, of course. I would also love to win something, the giveaways are really beautiful.

Happy anniversary PH!

I'm so grateful that I found Planet Hanyu! I'm having such a wonderful time here. Thank you so much to the administrators for creating and maintaining this great forum and thank you to all members for contributing to this amazing community! :loveshower:

I first became a fan of Yuzu during Sochi Olympics. I've been watching figure skating on an on-off basis since I was a kid and Yuzu simply blew my mind when I first saw his performance of Parisienne Walkways. I had never seen someone who could move and skate like that. I had never imagined that someone could move and skate like that. He looked unreal. From then on, I watched every competition of him that I could. But it wasn't until I saw his Worlds 2017 performance of Hope&Legacy that I completely lost my heart to him. That performance touched me deeply on a soul and spiritual level like nothing had ever before. For months, I watched it multiple times a day every day. I still watch it from time to time whenever I feel like my soul needs nourishment and comfort.

I first followed Yuzu related stuff on Tumblr. I signed up for an account and started to post a lot of stuff, but it wasn't until mid 2018 that I learned about Planet Hanyu. I first lurked around for a bit and signed up in August 2018. I'm so glad that I did. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Planet during Pyeongchang Olympics and had to watch it all by myself in the middle of the night. It's so much more fun to be able to share the Yuzu experience together with so many kind people. :grouphug:

3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Through the Planet, I met a couple of great people that I'm still in contact with.

4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

Yes, Yuzu birthday projects.

5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

Yes, I met other satellites at GPF 2019 in Torino. I hope I'll be able to go to more competitions together with other satellites.

6. What do you like the most about this forum?

There are many things I like about this forum. One of the best things is being able to share my love and passion for Yuzu and his wonderful skating with so many like-minded people. Another thing that I really like is being able to stay up-to-date about Yuzu-related news.

7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Yes, absolutely! Thank you for your generosity! :cheer:

Helloooo! I want to thank everyone who helped in creating this forum and who helps maintain it. This has become such an amazing place for me to check in from time to time and talk with fellow fanyus. Thank you!

When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

2020!

When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

Mid November of 2020. I signed up because I had actually been using the site for a month or so prior mostly watching videos. Then at one point I just thought, "Ah I better just sign up and join the community!" I'm really glad I did. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

I haven't yet. I am a bit shy with new people, but I have interacted with many nice fanyus on this site :tumblr_inline_n2pjd0dgUw1qdlkyg:

Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

Ah I'm not sure! Do the twitter hashtag events from Planet Hanyu count?

Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

No sadly. I want to go to a competition so bad, but other things take priority right now for me. Hopefully one day I am able to :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

What do you like the most about this forum?

I first found out about this page when I was looking for a specific video. What caught my attention about it was its video archive, so I will say that! I love uploading videos on here and helping with the archive. Talking and reading within the general chat is also really fun!

Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Yes please!

Thank you for this opportunity and happy anniversary!! :YuzuPoohLove:

Happy anniversary to the most amazing forum ever! Thank you to everyone who keeps the Planet alive!

I actually...don't know exactly when I became a fanyu. It definitely wasn't love at first sight like so many other fans. But I do remember watching one of Yuzu's earlier performances of Notte Stellata in 2016. I was a very, very casual figure skating fan back then, a four-year fan or a "local" so to speak; y'know, the type who only watches when it's playing on TV and there isn't anything else to watch. I didn't know the rules and couldn't identify any elements back then, but I just liked watching people do cool moves in sparkly costumes. Skating was cool and fun. However, when I happened to watch Yuzu's Notte Stellata, for the first time I thought that skating was absolutely beautiful. I had never seen a program so breathtaking, so elegant, so refined and yet so heartfelt. There was a sincerity that came across in his skating, and up until that point, I had never really been moved by any skater's program. (On a slight tangent, I used to only really watch ladies' singles, and at the time, I thought Yuzu was a lot more graceful than any of them lol)

So anyways, Notte Stellata moved me; I watched it on repeat for a week straight, so of course I did the sensible thing and...didn't look up any of his other skates and promptly forgot his existence. I could've witnessed Worlds 2017 live, but nooo, I just had to forget about him for some reason. Some time later, I had the urge to watch that beautiful performance again, and that's when I became curious enough to watch his other programs. Slowly, over the course of a couple years, I'd come back to watch his skates from time to time, then I'd watch some of his interviews, and occasionally, I'd look up news to see how he was doing, and before I knew it, I was watching his programs every day, reading through the Planet's General Yuzuru Chat from page 1 (yes! I read the entire thing) to get crumbs, learning how this mess of a sport worked--I had transitioned into a full-fledged fanyu.

I don't quite recall when I discovered Planet Hanyu, but I had been lurking for a couple years before I decided to make an account. I made an account during JNats 2020, because I needed to scream in excitement (virtually) with someone, anyone, I didn't care who--because Yuzu was finally skating in almost a year, this particular drought had been way too long, we were getting two new programs, and I just really, really missed his skating. Previously, I had been content lurking and reading other people's reactions without feeling the need to comment, but I guess the pandemic hit hard.

No, but if anyone just wants to chat, feel free to DM me :happy:

Yes! Birthday wishes for Yuzu.

I have sadly never been to a competition :sad4:

Everyone has already mentioned the video archive, so I guess I'll just mention The Salt Mines! :laughing: This past quad has increased my blood pressure from the salt I've been accumulating, so I'd like to thank the mods for providing a space for us to desalinate more privately. I'm only half-serious, by the way; it isn't particularly The Salt Mines that I like, but how there really is a place for everyone here. The fandom has grown considerably in a very short amount of time, which means that there are more conflicting opinions and more diverse viewpoints. The fact that the forum hasn't splintered is a testament to everyone's efforts to make sure that people are respected and that any drama is handled swiftly and misunderstandings are clarified before things get out of hand. I feel comfortable disagreeing with anyone here without fear of being lynched like in other spaces.

Yes, please!

1.When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

during Beijing Olympic, I was deeply impressed by his sp and fs performance, then i googled him, watched his Romeo and Juliet in 2012 WC. I will always be in love with 17-year-old Romeo, who skated with all his might to the last minute, just like Romeo who was desperate and unable to fight for love.:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

2.When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

TODAY, the fifth anniversary,29/04/2022.  I tried to sign up for several times but I couldn't register successfully. I don't know why. I want to share my feelings with other fanyus.

3.Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Sadly no. 

4.Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

oh,no. does this one count?

5.Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

Ive never been to a competition

6.What do you like the most about this forum?

It's a forum that we talk about yuzu only, no others. I really love this environment!

6.Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

yes,please!

Lovely idea, thank you so much. 

1. I started having a crush on Yuzu after 2014 Olympics and worlds. And than my love for him grew every time I saw him. I thought seeing him live in Helsinki 2017 would stop the madness - what a stupid mistake. My sanity is still living in Helsinki and I don't want it back. 

2. I signed up on PH early 2020 because of two marvelous ladies and a funny story. 

3. Yes, but I got to know the friends in person before joining PH. Also, I'm not that active here. 

4. I don't think so. 

5. Yes, and I loved it a lot. Happy memories. 

6. I enjoy all the love for Yuzu, the true understanding of how bonkers we all get when it's about him- and I'm really fond of the organization. 

7. Of course I want to participate in the giveaway. Thank you so much for the work! 

When did you become a fan of Yuzu? 

At the Beijing Olympics. I used to love figure skating as a kid and I have been going through some health-related issues, so I thought I’d return to my childhood and tune in this time for the Winter Olympics FS. I had heard of Yuzu before, but it wasn’t until seeing him give his all to his performances that I instantly became a fan. Watching him skate and cheering for him and his A4 made me forget my own pain and gather courage and optimism. I will never forget watching Rondo, Ten to Chi to, and especially Haru yo Koi.

When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

I signed up a few days ago. Since becoming a Yuzu fan, I have been ending up here again and again, but I was too shy to join since I’m new and have little to contribute. I’ve been patiently waiting for news on Yuzu every day with the others, so I thought this would be a good place to do that and learn about Yuzu at the same time. This is the first forum that I’ve joined so I am still learning my way around.   

Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

No, but perhaps one day. :)    

Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

Not yet, but I look forward to it very much.    

Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

I am a student so I don’t really have the means to right now, but I hope to get the chance to see Yuzu perform one day.    

What do you like the most about this forum?

The sense of community and warmth from the other members. I am new, but I’ve been going through some posts and am happy to find that such a place exists for fans of Yuzu. :) Thank you for making such a place possible!   

Would you like to participate in the giveaway?    

Yes, please. I’m just learning about Yuzu so I am not exactly sure how, but it would be so lovely to start my Yuzu collection with these. Thanks for your consideration! :) :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

And Happy 5th Anniversary! Thank you for your hard work and helping share the love for Yuzu! Best of wishes for the future for Planet Hanyu, all Yuzu fans and for Yuzuru Hanyu! <3

Happy anniversary and thanks for organizing this!

Here I go!

The first time I saw Yuzu was at the Barcelona GPF 2015. I was absolutely amazed at his skating, but I didn't become a fan of him until the fall of 2021, when for some reason his name came back to my mind, I looked him up and from then until today and for the rest of my life.

(Yes, I remembered his name, it was so engraved in my memory)

1. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

I think it was around November 2021. I was trying to buy tickets for Worlds, and I remembered the Planet. But I became more active on JNats 2021.

1. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Nope, there are not many fans in Spain, I wish there were…

Spoiler

Sometimes I fantasize about hanging out somewhere that has a projector or a really, really big TV, like a sports bar, and watching Yuzu's programmes together :10636614:

1. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

Nope

1. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

I was going to do it at Worlds in Montpellier, but it was a bit of a bumpy ride for me. I was only able to meet Muralla17 and I saw Yonkaiten Axel, Silvia (don't remenber if she's a satellite too) and a couple of girls whose names I don't remember (sorry) but I missed the hangouts...

1. What do you like the most about this forum?

I like that there are all kinds of people here. People who know a lot about FS and are happy to share their knowledge. People who have been following Yuzu for a long time. People who have just arrived on Planet Yuzu like me. People of all ages and places.

I also like the work of the PH staff. It isn't easy to run a forum with so many people and with the difficult situations that we often have to live as fanyus. You are a great team!

Oh, and the sheer amount of information on the forum. You don't finish it even in a lifetime!

1. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Sure! 😊

Have a happy day! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::7938863:

First of all, Happy 5th Anniversary to Planet Hanyu!!! :loveshower: Time flies indeed. How can it already be 5 years???

:laughing: alright, let's get down to business.

In the early part of the 2016/2017 season, probably around Oct 2016. It was after ACI 2016 and before the GP series. At that time, I didn't how to watch competitions live, but I did follow the results of competitions that Yuzu competed at. By the time GPF 2016 rolled around, I was cheering for him with all my might :laughing: Always love the LGC at GPF 2016 with the cheeky grin after landing the 4Lo. The first time I streamed a competition live was 4CC 2017. After that, during Worlds 2017, I was so nervous for him that I thought about him competing all day and night. I was really worried after the SP, but the FS was the best gift ever. :heartpound:

In June 2017. Although I was already a Yuzu fan before the creation of the Planet and I knew about its existence, I'm more of the passive kind of fan. :) Still, it seemed really fun here that I gave in and signed up after about a month. :8788161:

Ehh... if you mean friends who keep in touch, then I guess probably not, but please refer to question 5 for more.

Yes! I participated in the paper swan project back in the 2017/2018 season. We wanted to bring swans to every Yuzu comp that season. I attended NHK 2017 (yes, THAT competition), so I brought swans from PH there. It was my first live competition attendance, so while I was disappointed that I couldn't watch Yuzu live and worried the entire day, I still enjoyed the competition, gave out some swans to some other Japanese fans, and met some Japanese satellites there. :7938863:

Yes, as mentioned in the previous question, I met with @sweetwater and another Japanese satellite at NHK 2017. When I attended NHK 2019, I met up with @sweetwater again! It was a really warm experience, and I hope to meet her again if I have the chance to attend another competition live. :heartpound:

The general friendly and welcoming atmosphere here. The panicking over a Yuzu sighting is the most fun. :laughing: There is also a wealth of Yuzu-related stuff here, a treasure trove basically.

Yes, please! Thank you very much! :7938863:

Thank you for this, and Happy Anniversary! :YuzuPoohLove:

I became a fan of yuzu a few weeks before the 2022 Beijing Olympics, and he has been part of my life ever since :). I liked watching the Olympics originally, but this was the first time I stayed up to watch a specific athlete. After that, I went down a whole list of Youtube videos and was absolutely entranced by all of his programs, mainly Seimei, Parisienne Walkways, and Haru yo Koi. dragged my mom to watch his programs and appreciate artistry in figure skating, and I've been entranced ever since. I've also been trying to learn Haru Yo Koi on the piano after watching his gala performances! 

I signed up for Planet Hanyu during the 2022 Olympics and I found it while searching for Yuzu content :') I found it while trying to find English translations for his interviews and all of the older content before 2022. 

I have not :') I'm not very active here but I really hope to make some! Preferably in Toronto :')

Sadly, I also have not participated in any because I'm a baby Fanyu, but I really hope to join some in the future! 

I also have not because I discovered him during COVID, meaning I didn't have the opportunity to travel anywhere. Also there's surprisingly not a lot of competitions happening in Toronto :')))) 

I really like how there are so many of his past interviews that can be found on here! Youtube can only provide so much content with English subtitles 😔. But I also love how it brings everyone together from everywhere! 

Also I love the photos :')

Yes, I would love to! I've been seeing so many pictures from people who have ordered items, and as a baby fanyu, I really hope to have some for my own. 

I also want to thank you all for hosting this and for all of your work to provide us with all of this content! 

And Happy Anniversary Planet Hanyu! :balloons-smiley:

wow happy 5th anniversary! :smiley-happy105:

I was a causal 4 year fan when Plushenko was competing and although I heard of Yuzu years ago, I only became interested in him at PC olympics. On 23 feb 2018, I was recovering from an operation in the hospital. Seeking for a distraction from the pain, I checked YouTube and was recommended Seimei. I remembered watching it repeatedly. Sadly after that I forgotten about figure skating (why!!!! :animated-smileys-cheeky-041:) and it wasn't until this year when I was forced to clear leave that I decided to watch the figure skating events at the Beijing Olympics. Even then, I was more of rooting for every skaters until two things happened: Yuzu's press conference and his BJ open practice.

His eloquence at the press conference captivated me. I'm in awe at how well-spoken he is. After that, I followed Infostation and watched all of his BJ interviews. Though what sealed the deal are the open practices. Let's go crazy shocked me. I started searching for the full program and it is so good??? :jaw:after that in the next few days he practiced white legend and it is, again, so outstanding????? :animated-smileys-cheeky-053:  the final one that captured me completely? Seimei. I remembered the Seimei in 2018. The Seimei in 2022 is even better. I can't resist further and fell into the swamp. :ninja:

I was lurking on planet hanyu after I fell into the swamp and wanted to talk about yuzu with fellow fanyus! 

unfortunately not yet!

no, will like to join in future projects :tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5:

No and will like to attend (if yuzu decides to continue to compete)

it's a great place with a nice atmosphere. It's a safe environment for all kind of fanyus

Yes!!!!!!!