Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Planet Hanyu!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

I've been aware of Yuzuru since Sochi, but since he was competing against my (then) favourite skater, I was hesitant to accept him at first :0002:However, after seeing several of his performances over the years, I started to appreciate his style more, though I would say I only officially became a "fanyu" during the last Nationals. I was just floored by his elegance, precision and passion... The Kiss&Cry after FP made me really like him as a person too<3
2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

I think it was sometime this January; I had been lurking here for awhile when I saw an interesting thread and wanted to join the discussion.
3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Not yet, unfortunately.
4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

No, but I'd love to in the future!
5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

I haven't been able to attend any FS competitions so far, but I'd love to see other satellites in the next Euros or one of the GPs (if Helsinki gets it).
6. What do you like the most about this forum?

I love everything about it, to be honest - the archives, the discussions, the community, though I'd say I probably spend most of my time here in the forums. Also shout-out to the costume thread, I keep going back to it:love:
7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Yes, please:balloons-smiley:

And again, huge thanks to the admins for creating this site and maintaining it!:YuzuPoohLove:

1. I have known him since 2014 Sochi but only became his fan (like I became serious about following his skating career) this Beijing Olympics
2. Before I actually enter the fs world, I was checking some fanyu accounts on twitter and saw some reccomending PH as a start, since I wanna know much more about yuzuru, his personality on/off the ice,  I decided to start an account here so that I can check his interviews and checkout some programs that is not accessible in yt
3. I haven't but hopefully soon 🙏
4. No, but I would be glad to participate if there's anyway 😊
5. Sadly, not yet but I'm planning to save some money to be able to go to a competition 
6. This is really organized and as a baby fanyu who's still learning about his journey from the start of his skating career up until now, this it's a great help
7. Yes, please 🥺🥺🙏

Happy 5th anniversary, Planet Hanyu! I'm immensely happy to find you. Thanks to your great effort, I could know Yuzu better. Words can't describe how thankful I am.

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? I've known him for ages since the Sochi Olympics in 2014 but I think I decided to become a fanyu this year. I didn't know much about him until I found this platform. I'm very grateful for your existence. 
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? Immediately after Beijing Olympics ended, I was urged to sign up so that I can learn every single detail of Yuzuru Hanyu, his life and figure scating career. He's an amazing person inside and out. 
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? I haven't unfortunately but I'm looking forward to it. I wish I had the chance to come to one of the competitions and met some friends there.
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? I haven't but I definitely will if I have the opportunity to do so.
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Sadly, I didn't cause I haven't ever been to any competitions my whole life :(
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? This forum is sooo well organized and I can easily find what I'm looking for here
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Of course I do. I don't have enough money to buy any of his merchs and magazines especially where I live is pretty far from Japan (the shipping cost is also too much to afford TT) so this giveaway means the world to me. I know I'm not a lucky person but I still need to try right. Yuzu inspires me to never give up so here I am giving my shot. 

FIRST OF ALL, Thank u for doing this give away!♥♥ (Sorry if my english is bad) 

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? The first time I saw Yuzu was when me and my fams watched Pyeongchang together! My family has been a big figure skating fans or generally just enjoy watching it including my grandparents. So we all agreed to watch Pyeongchang together from TV & at first I didn't know a single thing abt Yuzu or fs, but when they called out his name to skate next, "Our next skater,representing Japan, Yuzuru Hanyu" & people started to scream cheering for this one man & I was like "Okay he must be good or a legend if so many ppl screaming cheering for him". Then boom he skated to Chopin u gotta know,all of my fams were speechless, including me and I asked myself "Where have I been all this time not knowing this him?!" The next thing I was crying cuz his performance was just smth out of this world. That's when I became a fanyus and stuck in this fandom :softYuzu:
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I've been lurking in Planet Hanyu for such a long time since I wanted to know about him and watched all of his interviews + journey, but TODAY (YES LITERALLY TODAY) I just realized I haven't sign up for Planet Hanyu 👁️💧👄💧👁️
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Nope not yet but i hope I can find someone since interacting with many fanyus sure is fun! 
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? For now it's a no not yet but Im hoping for someday! 
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Sadly no this is depressing cuz I haven't been to like any competitions and I wanna experience it especially the pooh rain 😤💔
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? ALL OF THE VIDEOS!! It's really helpful I mean tbh it's hard to find all of his interviews etc that have the subtitle and I'm glad it's all here
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? YES and thank u so much for having this giveaway it's very kind of u guys! I really appreciate all of ur hard work cuz PH helped a lot of new fanyus out there. ANDD happy anniversary as well for PH!! 🎉🎉FPXppKBWUAU0r3L.jpg%3Fname=orig

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

Around 2017, my friend wanted visit SK and thought of going during Winter Olympics. Didn't know much about it and after some research, stumbled upon FS and Yuzuru Hanyu's NHK 2015 Seimei and fell in love. 

2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I was just a casual fan and reading forums withouts signing up. Until last year I decided to know more, so I signed up to PH.

3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? No, I'm just a silent reader. 

4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No.

5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? No, but I wish once pandemic is over and convenient to travel, I'll be able to watch comps live .

6. What do you like the most about this forum? The in-depth information about Yuzuru Hanyu and all the videos with proper English translation. 

7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes please. 

When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

I know Yuzu since Sochi, though I only followed closely at Pyeongchang 🙈

When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

Just right after Pyeongchang, I was already on other SNS talking about Yuzu but the Planet™ seemed like an ideal place for it :graucho:

Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Noooo not yet :cry: (would like to though! ;))

Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

(I forgot 🙈, maybe??)

Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

Noooo I haven't even been able to attend a comp, let alone meeting up with them at it :cry:

What do you like the most about this forum?

The fact that I can freely discuss things about Yuzu and gush on him together with fellow satellites :wink_star:

Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

OFC!! Count me in!!!

(I hope I am not too late 🙈🙈🙈, happy birthday to the Planet™, and many thanks to the admins and moderators who run this place smoothly aaaaaaa)

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? - Right before the 2022 Beijing Olympics! I happened to see Yuzu's video and I was really touched.

2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? - I got to know the existence of the site after seeing the 5th anniversary event notice prepared by Planet Hanyu, and I recently joined!

3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?  - No, but I want to make a lot of Fanyu here!

4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No, I didn't participate.

5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Not yet.

6. What do you like the most about this forum? It's a space where people who support and support Yuzu are gathered, and it's also a quality archive.

7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? sure!!:YuzuPoohLove:

Planet Hanyu, congratulations on your 5th anniversary. Thank you:congratualtions:

1. I was like a FS for a short stint late 2017-early 2018 but drifted off shortly after Pyeongchang. Under 2 years later, the day after 2020 4CC,I had the game Imagine: Figure Skaitng for the DS and decided, bored in the middle of Chemistry Class, to look it up whilst waiting to move on and fell down the rabbit hole and watched a lot of programs between that Monday and Wednesday. The one program I can only remember watching from those 2+ days was Yuzu's Origin FS from 2019 Skate Canada International and I got chills from it and ended up not only sticking much longer but also becoming a big fan.
  2. July 2020 to watch the stream that was in protest of the ISU Skating Awards so I could chat on here, before I knew about the Twitch channel.
  3. No.
  4. No.
  5. No and I wish.
  6. The video bank since I could watch some of the skates that either I couldn't find on YouTube or I wanted to listen to different commentaries that weren't on YouTube.
  7. Yes

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? I became a fan in November 2020! Stumbled upon his Ballade 1 as I was learning the piece, fell into a rabbit hole and watched Seimei & PW. I liked him then and there, but after watching Notte Stellata, that's when I realized I wanted to support him forever.
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I have been using the site a lot and I thought I should sign up. Wanted to read a lot of info on Yuzu and FS.
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? I haven't yet and I hope to make some! Most friends are from Twitter but I have volunteered to help on a couple of PH projects so I do definitely had met some friends.
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? I helped edit a video for Yuzu's birthday once. I've also made pubs for the YuzuSkatingParty streams!
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Not yet--- been hard since it's the pandemic :(
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? PH is like a great library not only dedicated for Yuzu but for the entire sport. I appreciate everyone handling this and documentating every bit of news and media that we get. Love that this space is so friendly.
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes please!

:thanks: everyone for participating and sharing your experiences as satellites! :loveshower:

It's been heartwarming to read all answers and so great to have so many new satellites! We hope everyone will get the chance in the future to participate in many projects and also to meet other satellites! :67638860:

Here the giveaway's winners :626gdau::

@CarolineHANYU GIVEAWAY 1 (1x Kateigaho booklet)

@yuzu02 GIVEAWAY 2 (YH Exhibition 2022 postcards Set A)

@Elly  GIVEAWAY 3 (YH Exhibition 2022 postcards Set B)

@caramelicht  GIVEAWAY 4 (YH Exhibition 2022 Origin clear file)

@kiya GIVEAWAY 5 (YH Exhibition 2022 White Legend clear file)

@jobell GIVEAWAY 6 (YH Exhibition 2022 Ten to Chi To tote bag)

@yuzujuice  GIVEAWAY 7 (YH poster, ANA jacket (50x80cm))

@TokyoDream GIVEAWAY 8 (Ice Jewels vol.13 + Etude clear file)

@Gladys GIVEAWAY 9 (SEKKISEI original postcard)

@Anni GIVEAWAY 10 (magazine KISS&CRY vol. 33)

@yuzuru_thelegendaryskater GIVEAWAY 11 (magazine KISS&CRY vol. 42)

zJTigk7.jpg

TdfjAnO.jpg

Special thanks to @yuzuonice for all the work for this and every single project we've worked on! :img_21:

3 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:thanks: everyone for participating and sharing your experiences as satellites! :loveshower:

It's been heartwarming to read all answers and so great to have so many new satellites! We hope everyone will get the chance in the future to participate in many projects and also to meet other satellites! :67638860:

zJTigk7.jpg

TdfjAnO.jpg

Special thanks to @yuzuonice for all the work for this and every single project we've worked on! :img_21:

OMG ....thank you very much.:loveshower: What a nice surprise.  I'm already looking forward to the "Kiss&Cry"  magazine. 

Thanks again for this  anniversary project and all your hard work. :grouphug:

Guest turquoiseblue

Welcome to the Planet, @miYuzu, @Pecapple, @hakumeri, @Kuzu_Peridot, @Nadia, @StunningBaby1420, @Cadence, @TsukiHeKaiwa. @04Amcd, @desenlazar, @jobell, @yuzuyeg, @Miran, @thenightisyoung, @rurusz and @emergencyquads :welcome:

Thank you for joining us and congratulations on your first post :10742289:

2 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

zJTigk7.jpg

TdfjAnO.jpg

Congratulations to the winners! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp: 

I'm happy for all of you :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: I hope all the prizes will reach you safe and sound :10815002:

3 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

zJTigk7.jpg

TdfjAnO.jpg

Omedetoooooooou~ 

I'm so happy for all the winners and I hope it arrives safely to you~ 

ʸᵃʸ♪o((〃∇〃o))((o〃∇〃))oʸᵃʸ♪