Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Planet Hanyu!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? :67789441: February 2022, the day before Yuzuru competed in the Beijing Winter Olympics. to be honest, it was all by chance. I saw an Instagram reel of Yuzu's skates from Sochi 2014 through Pyeongchang 2018 (thanks Olympic Instagram a/c!) and I was captivated by him in that span of a few seconds. it's quite random now that I think about it, but it was from then when I decided to root for Yuzu. no regrets and no turning back.
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? :68271401: in the same month I became a fan of Yuzu. I signed up for Planet Hanyu as I thought it was a good platform to search for everything Yuzu. all of Yuzu's resources and archives and what not are well-organized and in place as well.
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? :68556365: not yet, but I hope I do! holler at me here or find me at @ hopeandyuzuru on Twitter!
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? :59227c768286a__s: not yet, still a baby Fanyu here but I will do it once I have the free time to do so (currently juggling full-time work and study right now sigh).
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? :14066882: not yet either. but one day though! it is now my bucket list to watch Yuzu skate in front of my eyes and also meet fellow fans at competitions!
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? :tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg: as I've said above, it is a good platform filled with many of Yuzu's content and everything is well-organized! yay!
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: YES PLEASE, I DO WITH AN OPEN HEART. fingers crossed to be one of the lucky ones!

happy 5th year Planet Hanyu! was not here from the very beginning but I'll be here for the rest of the journey, come what may.

:clapclap4: :wink_star: :nod2: :devilYuzu: :winky: :joy: :cri:

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? In 2020, I discovered him on YouTube :7938863: but Beijing 2022 was my first time watching him live.
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? In March! I noticed people talking about it a lot on Twitter and found all the great resources :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Not yet, I haven't posted much..
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? Nope!
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? I haven't been to a competition yet :tumblr_inline_n2pjd2atId1qdlkyg:
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? I love the huge collection of videos. The whole forum is really well organised and pretty, and everyone is so friendly. And the emojis, I love the emojis :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp::68271401::tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes please! 
  1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? I don't know excatly when was the moment I became a fan, but it was very very recent, like around when beijing olympics happened. 
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? Shortly after Beijing Olympics, when I wanted to find more about yuzu, and found out about the huge video collection here :)
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Not yet but I hope to :) sg ppl say hi :wave:
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? Not yet because idk how :heavybreathing:
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Haven't went to competitions yet, & don't think fs compeitions will be happening around my area anytime soon :YuzuPoohSad:
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? The organisation of the videos makes it very easy to find a particular video, and this forum is just the best place to find yuzu information in general when I'm lost at what other fanyus are discussing. :chase:
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes :)) :woop:

Congratulations! and Happy 5 year anniversary to Planet Hanyu !! :congratualtions:

1. I became a fan in 2014 at the sochi olympics! I was originally watching for pchiddy but I ended up falling in love with Yuzu's skating funny enough haha

2. I joined planet hanyu shortly after beijing? I wasn't aware there was a place where I could easily access all of his competition videos, interviews, documentaries, etc. and I wish I knew about this site before😭

3. I have not made any fanyu friends irl but I have converted my friends into fanyu's! 

4. I've participated in birthday messages for yuzu!

5. not yet but hopefully I will in the future😆

6. this forum is a safe place for fanyu's to share their thoughts and feelings as well as read up about many things. you can see other's perspectives on certain things and I've learned a lot through these forums. 

7. yes! 

1- I saw it change on TV at the 2021 world championships  (Lmey) and I said this kid is fliying then I wached videos and fell in love with your Yuzuru's smile

2- While searcing for information about Yuzuru found PH and immediately signed up

Planet Hanyu I watched all the videos in one month 

3-No

4-No

5-I didin't go to any competition

6-I love everything on this forum A treasure trove about PH Yuzu

Planet Hanyu thank you very much for all your hard work 

7-I would like to but there is a lot of customs tax in my country so another Fanyu wins

Happy five years:cheer::cheer:

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?  A few days after his FS at the Beijing Olympics.   I watched both his SP and FS at the Beijing Olympics but I didn’t become a fanyu right away though his performances were the only ones that caught my attention.  For some reason after his FS, I just felt so heart broken and forced myself not to think about it and I couldn’t even watch those interviews after his FS.  Then suddenly on the day after his press con, I really wanted to watch his other programs so I searched on youtube and watched his Chopin performance and became a fanyu and watched all his previous performances in one night.    
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? Just today, I have been browsing here for a while but I don’t really sign up for a forum normally but I wanted to meet some fanyu friends in here.
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Not yet
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? No
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? The atmosphere of the forum, everyone is so nice and welcoming and also all the videos, as a baby fanyu I really wanted to watch all the videos that I missed all these years 
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes please
8 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Je ne peux pas croire que cela fait déjà 5 ans ! :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid :Comme le temps passe vite :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid :

Salut, @sonagiyuzu, @yuzusmoon,@goathanyu,@aemlai,@Akrasi,@hourlyyuzu,@richu,@maivi,@chopinseimei,@originjada,@salchowfrenemy,@Yasmine,@Clahanyushii,@napofagalaxy,@yuzu02,@kiya,@lalaleiii,@jellyyuzu,@lily-liyu etImSimito :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow :
Bienvenue sur la Planète et félicitations pour votre premier post  :bienvenue: C'est toujours agréable d'avoir de nouveaux satellites ! :10742289: :10742288:

"IRL" signifie "dans la vraie vie". La question est de savoir si vous vous êtes fait des amis dans la vie réelle (par opposition aux amis en ligne) via Planet Hanyu :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw :

:thankssign:  pour l'explication turquoisebleue : ah OUI j'aimerais avoir des amis fanyus , mais avec mon mauvais Anglais ce serait pas facile ......  

Guest turquoiseblue
21 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:thankssign:  pour l'explication turquoisebleue : ah OUI j'aimerais avoir des amis fanyus , mais avec mon mauvais Anglais ce serait pas facile ......  

You're welcome :10742289:

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? At the Beijing Winter Olympics. I was deeply appealed by this amazing man.
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I was here from the beginning, I think this is an awesome platform for me to learn more about Yuzuru and make more friends.
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? No. But I am glad to recommend!
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? Yes, of course.
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Not yet, but I believe that I will attend in the future!
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? We can exchange our ideas and browse videos through this forum!!
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes! It would be more interesting.
  1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? - I always liked figure skating. I didn't really follow the sport but I thought it looked cool. Then one day of 2017 I came across a figure skating Youtube recommendation that had millions of views and I clicked out of curiosity. It was Hope and Legacy Worlds! I got immediately immersed in it. I wondered who was that boy in a pretty costume that flew on the ice. I felt the need to share it with everyone because I thought it was one of the most beautiful things I ever saw. Then of course I had to search him up and found some things about him.  Unfortunately college and me being me got in the way and I didn't proper stan him until January 2020 funny enough because I again saw Hopurega on my Twitter and this time I didn't let go (I also got my mom on board and we're now full time Fanyus in my house!).
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I don't remember the exact date but I just checked and it was January 6th 2020 omg so I indeed was binge watching lots of Yuzu content haha given that I watched him again probably on January 1st. I was watching a Yuzu video on YouTube and one of the comments mentioned Planet Hanyu as a site to stay updated with him and to look stuff about him so I created an account. 
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Unfortunately I haven't since I'm too awkward to interact on forums. I'm from Pamplona/Spain in case someone is from here!
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No! To be honest I didn't know there were group projects but I'll stay tuned from now on!
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Not yet. I was supposed to attend CoR 2021 to see him for the first time and actually meet some fanyus but we all know what happened. :(
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? I love the organization and dedication! People behind this is awesome for real. There's lots of Yuzu stuff and videos that are priceless. I also love the possibility of interact with other Fanyus and their willingness to help each other.
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes! And thank you so much for doing this giveaway! 🌸💚💙🌸

Happy Anniversary PH!!!

Even if I'm on silence right now, I still read all of you!

So here my answer:

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? April 2020, sadly I'm a late bloomer... unfortunately covid made me a fan. I mean, I had a lot of time during lockdown and Youtube suggested Wolds 2019 but there was no skaters I followed so I snobbed it. And the first comment in the man event was something like "post 2017, that was a wonderful championship where world champions were actually champions" so I got curious and watched it. Boom! I was an instant fan of The Man. (and he skated in a purple dress which is my favorite color and the next day to that legendary free so how could I not become insta-fan?), Anyway I degrees, the question was "when" not "please tell me your life story"...
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I've been reading PH since JNats2020, but singed up during world 2021 because I had the need to bookmark some posts :P and came out of lurker status after the olympic free (I did need some theraphy, thank you everyone for saving my sanity).
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Sadly no, because, you know... covid happened when I became a fan.... maybe in the future?
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No... wait? Is the skating party considered a group project? Because I think I've participated in the very first even if I wasn't signed up...
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? No, see question 3 as to why heehee
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? The love for Yuzu? and the no drama moments, even though there were a few (that I had to stop coming here for a few days to not get down), the general mood is positive. And the videos! And the common love for Yuzu! Oops I've already said that... but seriously here everyone is nice, if you're searching for something you just need to ask and the answer will come. You feel welcomed even if you are new.
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes? I don't think I should because I don't post a lot but if it's possible, yes please 

Happy anniversary again accolades!

Its so wonderful to hear that everyone really appreciates the Video archives (DONT MISS the Yonkaiten Pixel folder!), they are literally an unreplaceable TREASURE

And also the 'safe space' and warm feelings you get from the chats. I've lurked in General Chat almost daily for years, its true that there is very very little 'drama' or fighting going on, makes me proud to be a Fanyu and to know that Yuzu would be (IS???) proud of us as well!

When did you become a fan of Yuzu? Between October and November of 2019. I was watching I, Tonya around that time on YouTube. And Yuzuru's 2018 Semei Olympics Free Skate popped up in my recommendations around that time. I clicked on it because I was curious, and I saw how many views it had around that time. So, watching Yuzu skate just out of curiosity was one of the best decisions I made.

When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I just recently found out about Planet Hanyu this year, and I signed up because I love Yuzu's fandom so much that everyone is so nice to others, and I just really love talking to other Fanyu's in the community. 

Did you make any Irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Not yet, but I think I probably will soon, since I'm just now getting used to this. 

Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No, I'm just now knowing those can happen, and I think I will now participate.)

Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Sadly no, ever since covid-19 hit, it's been really difficult to go to any competition. 

What do you like the most about this forum? I absolutely love this forum; I love finding new stuff about Yuzu and watching his documentaries because that's just how unique he is to me. Yuzu makes me happy, and this community makes me happy <3.

Would you like to participate in the giveaway? I think it's nice participating in giveaways like this out of fun, and it would be nice to try and have something meaningful to me.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:51 AM, Yuzu_legend said:
  • 1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? I was 3-4 years old which is around 2011-2012
  • 2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? After the middle of March (2022)
  • 3.Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Not really, but I met a person from my country :)
  • 4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No, I'm pretty new here, and a bit inactive sadly.
  • 5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? no, i've never had the chance to go on a competition, let alone meet a fellow member from Planet Hanyu :(
  • 6. What do you like the most about this forum? connecting with people who share the same adoration towards yuzu and figure skating/ice skating :)!
  • 7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? yes, please !! and thank you <3