Jump to content

Stars on Ice Hachinohe 2021


Recommended Posts

Stars on Ice

Hachinohe

28.04-20.04 2021

 

 

On 4/21/2021 at 2:00 AM, Ladysci said:

TV schedule for SOI 2021

On TBS 2 [a CS (Communication's Satellite) channel of SkyPerfect TV in Japan, but can be accessed by iSakura and other services that allow viewers to watch Japanese TV outside of Japan]. Times listed are Japan time.

 

23 Apr (Fri)

Yokohama (live)

CS TBS 2:  1:55-5:00 pm

Will be repeated as a taped show: 8 May (9 pm - 12 am)

 

24 Apr (Sat)

Yokohama (live)

CS TBS 2: 12:55 - 4:00

Will be repeated as a taped show: 8 May (12-3 am)

 

30 Apr (Fri)

Hachinohe (live)

Special broadcast of the last show, which will include backstage scenes

CS TBS 2: 1:10-4:15

Will be repeated as a taped show: 30 May (12 am - 4:00 am)

 

Other shows:

Live streaming on 25 April (Sun), not free, must get ticket on ticket PIA; probably just in Japan

TBS (Kanto area only, regular TV): 26 Apr (Mon), 1:23-2:23 (doesn't look right to be because of the short duration, maybe just a highlight? Don't know if it's am or pm)

 

 

Skaters
Yuzuru Hanyu
Takahito Mura
Shun Sato
Kazuki Tomono
Koshiro Shimada
Sota Yamamoto
Sena Miyake
Sumitada Moriguchi
Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda
Shunsuke Nakamura
Satoko Miyahara
Wakaba Higuchi
Rika Kihira
Kaori Sakamoto
Mai Mihara
Rino Matsuike
Mana Kawabe
Yuhana Yokoi
Mako Yamashita
Rin Nitaya
Hana Yoshida
Mao Shimada
Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto
Riku Miura / Ryuichi Kihara

https://figureskate-soi.com/kg/index.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Shoma is not in this list, neither is Rino, and there are some new faces. I wonder if they'd keep the harem number or change it altogether. I wonder who would the male lead be if they do keep it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Bet they get Kazuki to do it. He'd be a natural IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Rino is there, Kaori too. Just check the skaters list on the event site. At least ths is what I found out when checked.

Ah yeah, I'm looking at it too.  :grin:

 

Oh Sumitada Moriguchi! He is the kid with the shredded, Requiem-inspired costume

Link to comment
Share on other sites

still no Shoma though? I wonder why?

No Keiji, Kao (sorry for him, I'm sure he would have loved some more shows with his idol), Yuma?

 

ngl, I don't like that there are new additions, and that those additions have also been at other shows (different bubbles merging means that, if just one of them burst out, even more people are at risks), but I also like the additions, A LOT, so I'm conflicted:13877886:

(well, I guess that skaters like Satoko and Mana were in a similar "controlled environment" as the SOI Yokohama skaters...still, it would have been better bubble-wise to just use the same cast)

 

by the way, does anyone know why M/K were not in Yokohama? I was expecting whole WTT team to be enrolled for SOI directly

 

(is usually opening number the same for all SOI stops?)

 

 

 

if arena will still be packed while Tohoku authorities are begging to avoid nonessential travel between prefectures...:sigh: (of course, it could be packed with people all from Aomori, and it still wouldn't be optimal)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have invited Mao Shimada, the twelve year-old who recently made news by successfully jumping 4T.  Here she says she started skating at age 5. She is excited by the infinite challenges presented by figure skating - from 2 turns to 3 turns to 4 turns and so on.  She wants to incorporate multiple quads.  Started taking ballet lessons Dec 2020 and working on her choreo movements.  Looks forward to going out into the world and winning Olympic gold.  She feels she can jump 4S, and wants to work on 4Lz!!  :S

 

Lastly, she she says she recently moved to a new skating rink/club (Kyoto Kinoshita - with Hamada) where she is just starting (**!) to learn proper skating skills.  Glad she is at a place where they are building the foundation of skating -  for longevity.  I wish her a safe and injury-free career.  This will be the first time she will get exposure to a national and international audience.  Let's see how her mental condition holds up to this pressure.  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

still no Shoma though? I wonder why?

No Keiji, Kao (sorry for him, I'm sure he would have loved some more shows with his idol), Yuma?

 

 

I believe Shoma, Yuma and Keiji were already scheduled to be in Prince Ice World before SOI Hachinohe stop was added back in this year. Also Kao is listed on PIW as well so maybe that's the reason. Kazuki and Wakaba are also listed on PIW but maybe they'll join after SOI Hachinohe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

 

I believe Shoma, Yuma and Keiji were already scheduled to be in Prince Ice World before SOI Hachinohe stop was added back in this year. Also Kao is listed on PIW as well so maybe that's the reason. Kazuki and Wakaba are also listed on PIW but maybe they'll join after SOI Hachinohe.

I see. Good for them.

(just how many iceshows with audience are happening in Japan right now?:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: )

 


ETA: I've heard about Mao Shimada. She is very promising for sure, but I wish they could pace her better, and that the premature hype won't damage her as it did with Marin ETA: or her little sister Sara, who used to dominate novices till she moved to Raf, though idk if the move was what affected her the most

Spoiler

tbh I've stopped being happy for feats like quads and even 3As by novice skaters and now I just worry.

Also, the fact she's now with Hamada makes me both mmh ok 'cause Mao will be trained to awesome SS and refinement (and Hamada had some success teaching 3A), but I'm also mmmmmmhhhhhhhhh why Hamada (also, her method afaik also included many repetitions, which long term are not good for those young bodies, especially if quads are in the picture).

ngl, I'd be happy if ISU banned quads form any jr comp, both men's* and ladies', so skaters will be free to train them but without pounding them as much as it happens now... I see Vika Zhilina, Nini and Mao and I worry if they'll even make to senior. Gymnastics is working towards promoting longer careers, why is FS choosing to go the opposite direction?

 

*Daniil Samsonov and Stephen Gogolev are a painful reminder that for boys, too, it's better not to rush things

that said, of course I wish Mao all the best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Umebachi said:

They have invited Mao Shimada, the twelve year-old who recently made news by successfully jumping 4T.  Here she says she started skating at age 5. She is excited by the infinite challenges presented by figure skating - from 2 turns to 3 turns to 4 turns and so on.  She wants to incorporate multiple quads.  Started taking ballet lessons Dec 2020 and working on her choreo movements.  Looks forward to going out into the world and winning Olympic gold.  She feels she can jump 4S, and wants to work on 4Lz!!  :S

 

Lastly, she she says she recently moved to a new skating rink/club (Kyoto Kinoshita - with Hamada) where she is just starting (**!) to learn proper skating skills.  Glad she is at a place where they are building the foundation of skating -  for longevity.  I wish her a safe and injury-free career.  This will be the first time she will get exposure to a national and international audience.  Let's see how her mental condition holds up to this pressure.  

 

 

 

She already skated at NHK gala and MOI.

 

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

 

  Hide contents

tbh I've stopped being happy for feats like quads and even 3As by novice skaters and now I just worry.

Also, the fact she's now with Hamada makes me both mmh ok 'cause Mao will be trained to awesome SS and refinement (and Hamada had some success teaching 3A), but I'm also mmmmmmhhhhhhhhh why Hamada (also, her method afaik also included many repetitions, which long term are not good for those young bodies, especially if quads are in the picture).

ngl, I'd be happy if ISU banned quads form any jr comp, both men's* and ladies', so skaters will be free to train them but without pounding them as much as it happens now... I see Vika Zhilina, Nini and Mao and I worry if they'll even make to senior. Gymnastics is working towards promoting longer careers, why is FS choosing to go the opposite direction?

 

*Daniil Samsonov and Stephen Gogolev are a painful reminder that for boys, too, it's better not to rush things

that said, of course I wish Mao all the best

 

Spoiler

I know, right? -_______-

 

You know what also imo should be banned? 3-3 and 2-3 combos from novice B. Many kids are muscling their -3t combo and imo mostly it's because they were taught it way too early.

 

 

 

 

Anyway, Hanyu, you better skate Hana ni Nare here, because....:emot-11tea:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

by the way, does anyone know why M/K were not in Yokohama? I was expecting whole WTT team to be enrolled for SOI directly

M/K were at Kinoshita ice show last weekend. They are sponsored by Kinoshita after all. Same with Satton, Koshiro and every Kinoshita Academy skater.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

M/K were at Kinoshita ice show last weekend. They are sponsored by Kinoshita after all. Same with Satton, Koshiro and every Kinoshita Academy skater.

ah, ok, thanks.

I don't have the faintest idea of what's happening in FS aside those comps and iceshows where Yuzu is in🙈🙈🙈 (blaming ISU for making me distance from FS)

 

I don't think that Yuzu will skate to a different program....but I'd love Hana ni Nare:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:  I'm still coping with Yuzu not completing the whole flower trilogy after Haru Yo Koi and hana wa Saku:smiley-sad016:

(though I still loved the WTT Hana wa Saku:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...