The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

3 hours ago, barbara said:

The performance video is great - but I seem to be the only one who absolutely hates the addition of Latto.  And the explicit version.  Why?  Because it's gratuitous. It isn;t because our baby bunny is all grown up, it's because he (or others) seem to think that you can show "maturity" by being explicit and, frankly, disgusting - Latto.  When nudity or sex scenes are in movies when they add nothing but titillation or exploitation, it's pointed out as gratuitous - not necessary for the story or not necessary, period.  In Hollywood, most actresses will not do nudity or partial nudity or explicit sex scenes - and especially if it really is not necessary for the plot or the story.

Hence - the explicit version is gratuitous (how many times does he sing "f-k"?) as is the addition of Latto into the MV.  Yes - I'm older, but I do remember when the attitude towards the gratuitous sexualization of women in film changed and it was for the better.

I also think this MV and Seven, in general, only topped Jimin because of pre-promotion and promotion. The story parts of the MV are cool and would have been better left alone -  We all wondered (and I still do) why JK's solo outing was so heavily promoted, while none of the other members solos were.  I still wonder.

I'm not being a prude - I'm being sad.

I can see your point, but I'm not convinced this is as gratuitous as you think. I can think of half a dozen Western artists who are more gratuitous in just about every thing they put out and no one says boo.

My take on this song is, JK wanted to do something unserious, and so it is. He's also said that his actual solo album is still coming, so Seven is basically a potboiler until he can get the whole album out. 

I am hoping for a lot more depth on his album, though. This is the guy who wrote 'Begin' snd 'My Time' and 'Magic Shop'. I can't see him releasing a whole album of meaningless pop mush, somehow. 

Let the guy have his joke for now. 

Also, 🛵 is being really icky about this release on socials. WTF. He's acting like the whole thing was his idea...

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I can see your point, but I'm not convinced this is as gratuitous as you think. I can think of half a dozen Western artists who are more gratuitous in just about every thing they put out and no one says boo.

My take on this song is, JK wanted to do something unserious, and so it is. He's also said that his actual solo album is still coming, so Seven is basically a potboiler until he can get the whole album out. 

I am hoping for a lot more depth on his album, though. This is the guy who wrote 'Begin' snd 'My Time' and 'Magic Shop'. I can't see him releasing a whole album of meaningless pop mush, somehow. 

Let the guy have his joke for now. 

Also, 🛵 is being really icky about this release on socials. WTF. He's acting like the whole thing was his idea...

I have absolutely no doubt that Latto was Scooter

And, in response to queries about hand/finger movements and "did I just see that?", I have a very simple explanation.  After watching an Instagram post that featured four of the background dancers for JK (and also Yoongi.....), in individual clips, doing some of the choreo from Seven.  They - and JK - are using fingers to indicate what day of the week it is.  One for Monday, two for Tuesday - etc....  so movements more innocent that previously speculated on -

13 hours ago, Luminous said:

My opinion is that explicit version was the main and could be the only one but it doesn't suit MV so they added clean version.

I agree that the explicit version was probably the original but I think the clean version has more to do with radio play than the MV.

To me, using "F&ck" vs. "love" every day of the week, changes the whole meaning of the song. The clean version sounds more romantic whereas the explicit is sexual. Depending on the song writer's intent, I don't think the explicit version is necessarily gratuitous because it completely changes the song's vibe. Of course, if the song writer intended it to be about romance, then it is both gratuitous and distracting.

As for Latto, she's described as an "up and coming" rapper. My guess is that Scooter introduced JK to her. I'm sure JK liked it to some extent, but my guess is this is who the company is trying to push. I don't know if she, specifically, added anything to the song but the song definitely needed to have some sort of change up in the bridge as there isn't much to the song, either musically or in meaning.

13 hours ago, Luminous said:

Hide contents

About Jimin and his solo: I think that the best solo albums are from hyung line. But JM and JK has more solo stans and more support from them.  Is it fair? IDK

I'm a little sad that the hyung line didn't get as much support from either the fans or the company.   But unfortunately, rap has a much smaller market than pop so I understand why they weren't as successful. D-Day was insanely successful by rap standards. It's too bad that it wasn't able to overtake Morgan Wallen (who I'm convinced was getting inflated sales from his record company - how could his album possibly been still selling that much 2 months later? I don't think even Taylor Swift was able to hold number 1 that long). 

The mass buying accounts weren't nearly as active when it was Hobi, Jin, or RM. I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and telling myself it's just because everyone's still learning but in my experience, the benefit of the doubt is almost never warranted.  Hopefully Tae and Jin will get the same support when it's their turns for official album debuts. I mean, The Astronaut is still #1 in some countries with almost no promo and not nearly the fan support - there's no reason to think that Jin and Tae couldn't make a huge impact with the right kind of promo and packaging

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

am hoping for a lot more depth on his album, though. 

It was reported on Twitter that his album is going to be all English so I don't have high hopes of that. 

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Cleansing the pallette of 🛵 with this really awesome fan art:

That is so CUTE :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:  

Stupid Scooter. Normally, I would be ecstatic about this much success but because he had to boast publicly about being #1, I feel mostly anxious until the song actually gets #1.

https://kworb.net/charts/

#1 on Spotify

#1 on Youtube

#1 on itunes

#10 on Apple Music

#3 global digital artist ranking

20 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Time is really flying ... we can't wait for your comeback ...

Would have been nice if Army organised a mass streaming of More or Arson to honor it.....(maybe there was, I don't know)

Also, there is a video posted on weverse of Hobi talking of Jack in the box I have never seen before.

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh my, this 🛵 made me laugh so much🤣🤣🤣. Great choice!😉

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Did anyone post this?

Obvs filmed during JITB era and uploaded yesterday but maybe it was released before and I haven't seen it.

Thats the one I mean. And I feel like I haven't seen it before...

@Old Cat Lady: i really hope the twitter post about JKs album beeing all english songs is wrong.....

And I'm kind of astonished/sad/surprised that the TXT/JB song is nowhere to be found on the Billboard charts....how can it be that JB don't get any radio play?!

9 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

It was reported on Twitter that his album is going to be all English so I don't have high hopes of that. 

Not by any official sources, and the album being all in English has no correlation to the emotional depth JK chooses to express

8 hours ago, Faithyu said:

And I'm kind of astonished/sad/surprised that the TXT/JB song is nowhere to be found on the Billboard charts....how can it be that JB don't get any radio play?!

I saw a poster saying the official CD release is Aug 4? 

17 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw a poster saying the official CD release is Aug 4? 

It actually hasn't been officially released as a single, as a song, though you can stream it on YouTube.  Maybe the release date is meant to happen the day before Lollapalooza.  It seems odd timing since the song is clearly available, but, on the other hand, they weren't going to be able to hold #1 with JK coming a week later.  It seems like the release timing was screwed up at Hybe, so maybe re-doing a release date is a good thing.

And Hobi.  I am so excited that, with the stupid new Billboard rules about digital releases, maybe Jack in the Box can show up high on the charts.  It's far more appealing to the general listening public that D-Day because it has more lyrical stuff on it.  And I think ARMY will support it.  I am - and was disappointed that all we got was the digital when it first came out..