General Yuzuru Chat

On 9/17/2023 at 5:05 AM, Geo1 said:

When I awoke today, I had a nagging feeling that for some reason, today was special. Then I remembered. It was on Monday, September 16, 2019 that we drove from our AirB&B high-rise two-bedroom condo across from the Square One shopping mall in Mississauga to The Cricket, Skating and Curling Club in Toronto to visit Ghislain who arranged for us to meet with Yuzu after his practice.

fAjFsqc.jpg

It is hard to believe that four years have gone by since then and that so much has changed during those four years. Yuzu and his mother left Toronto in March 2020 and I believe that they had every intention of returning to The Cricket for the following season but for the pandemic. I had been looking forward to seeing Yuzu, Brian, Ghislain and Tracy at the 2020 Autumn Classic International in Oakville, but it was not to be.

The last competition that we attended was the 2019 Skate Canada International Grand Prix in Kelowna, British Columbia, and it was one for the ages.

Hi Geo 1, you are really blessed as you are able to meet Yuzu in person and watched him compete live...I got neither😢

Hi everyone! I finally finished this special analysis of GIFT, which happened to become about three times as long as originally intended :space:

It was so much fun to dig in the history books and find out about all the little details. Two little notes:

• My inner math nerd just couldn't resist, so I created a 3D model of the arena setting and calculated the sizes of the screens :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:
  • I stumbled across the connection between the show's first half and the Five Elements Theory in Taoism completely by coincidence. When I was learning the kanji for the weekdays in Japanese, my learning app noted that the kanji for Tuesday to Saturday are based on the Five Elements. Then I remembered the programs of the first half of GIFT and suddenly ... it clicked. When I later found out that Mansai Nomura drew the connection as well, I was over moon :studsmatta:

I hope, you enjoy the article :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Herkese selam! Başlangıçta amaçladığımdan yaklaşık üç kat daha uzun olan HEDİYE'nin bu özel analizini sonunda bitirdim. :uzay:

Tarih kitaplarını karıştırıp tüm küçük detayları öğrenmek çok eğlenceliydi. İki küçük not:

• İçimdeki matematik ineği dayanamadı, bu yüzden arena ortamının 3 boyutlu bir modelini oluşturdum ve ekranların boyutlarını hesapladım :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:
  • Dizinin ilk yarısı ile Taoizm'deki Beş Element Teorisi arasındaki bağlantıya tamamen tesadüfen rastladım. Japonca'da hafta içi günler için kanji öğrenirken, öğrenme uygulamam Salı'dan Cumartesi'ye kadar olan kanjilerin Beş Elemente dayandığını kaydetti. Sonra GIFT'in ilk yarısındaki programları hatırladım ve aniden ... tıklandı. Daha sonra Mansai Nomura'nın da bu bağlantıyı kurduğunu öğrendiğimde şaşkınlığa uğradım :studsmatta:

Umarım makaleyi beğenirsiniz :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Henni ,

as impressive as The Gift

Thanks for this detailed analysis.:2thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone! I finally finished this special analysis of GIFT, which happened to become about three times as long as originally intended :space:

It was so much fun to dig in the history books and find out about all the little details. Two little notes:

• My inner math nerd just couldn't resist, so I created a 3D model of the arena setting and calculated the sizes of the screens :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:
  • I stumbled across the connection between the show's first half and the Five Elements Theory in Taoism completely by coincidence. When I was learning the kanji for the weekdays in Japanese, my learning app noted that the kanji for Tuesday to Saturday are based on the Five Elements. Then I remembered the programs of the first half of GIFT and suddenly ... it clicked. When I later found out that Mansai Nomura drew the connection as well, I was over moon :studsmatta:

You are incredible ❤️❤️❤️….off to read 🏃‍♀️

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

It was more than brillant, it was dazzling.

Thank you so much for your incredible work.

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Henni, thank you soooo much! I read your analysis of Gift and again marveled at the scale, complexity and originality of this work. I hope everyone who comes to that site will experience the same, and if they haven't seen the show so far, they will catch up quickly. You are doing an amazing and extremely important job. The whole idea of creating such a site is wonderful. I hope Google's algorithms quickly learn that this is a first-class resource and start positioning your site at the top of the search results. I wish you all the best in your future work and look forward to your next articles!

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I finally finished this special analysis of GIFT . . . . .

It was so much fun to dig in the history books and find out about all the little details.   . . . . .

. . . . .   the connection between the show's first half and the Five Elements Theory in Taoism . . . . .

I hope, you enjoy the article.

Thank you   :thanks:

I'll repeat what others said above:

"It was more than brillant, it was dazzling. Thank you so much for your incredible work."  :clap:

I was highly impressed by your reference to the 5-Elements-Theory and the connection you made to the symbolism of each program of the first half - it's really amazing and awesome that you thought of this context   :worship:

11 hours ago, Henni147 said:

This is going to require - and reward - long and careful reading. Thank you!:devilYuzu: