General Yuzuru Chat

:626gdau::tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED PLANET HANYU!!!!!:loveshower:

It's been 6 years since this home was created and became a safe place for fanyus, a home full of love and support for Yuzu. Thank you so much to all admins, mods and to all satellites :satellite:who take care of this place, helping with events, schedules, videos, feeding information and updating threads! Also :thanks: to everyone who takes the time to post and share :heartpound: and also to everyone who just reads the forum and loves Yuzu. 

This time we are not holding any special event because the day will be filled with Yuzu content, but it would be really nice if you would "gift" Planet Hanyu by going to Yuzu's channel and watch a couple of videos! :67638860:

:balloons-smiley:

Happy birthday to our Planet! :cheer:

Thank you so much everyone for creating and curating this wonderful forum all these years :thanks:

I haven't been that active recently, but it's always a place of comfort to return to and so refreshing to read all the supportive posts for Yuzu.

Thank you so much everyone! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

5 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

:smiley-balloons::10815002:Happy birthday

:THANKS: for the planet

Pxx

YES happy birthday for this wonder planet  :grouphug:  :flowers: with my discovery by pure chance 2 years ago and it was a kind of revelation  :surprised_pikachu: :nod2:  in front of the flood of writings / videos etc..... and seeing that I did not tweet a lot of information too and ALIGATO for :dancingpooh:  :woop:  :peace2: :loveshower:EVERYTHING

10 hours ago, Pammi said:

Sorry to change topic but what is this, and have we discussed it on here? The notice came out end March and the show is tonight 29th Apr and tomorrow night 30th - where is Yuzuru right now?? I know Geo said he had heard Yuzu would return home Fri...but which Friday?? :shrug:....and Geo did say his return had not been confirmed!!

Is it just a tiny show for a small group of skaters and private members? Maybe....

I found this info. So Yuzu doesn't seem to be participating.🤔

20230429_110941zgfz0.jpg

11 minutes ago, Anni said:

I found this info. So Yuzu doesn't seem to be participating.🤔

20230429_110941zgfz0.jpg

A wonderful way for the students to showcase their progress and for their parents and loved ones to see them perform. Hope all goes well and everyone enjoys themselves

Hello all lovely fanyus, we have had a discussion on here a long while ago about how names like auntie and granny are offensive to many older women, of which I am one! Not as old as Tetsuko san though :)   Isn't  she an amazing woman?! Many of us are neither an auntie or a granny and have names that we like to be referred to by. What we are is older women and of course it's fine to call us that, but woman or women is really fine on its own too.  Many might think these words are used affectionately in different cultures - I checked ages ago with Japanese fans on here and was informed that in Japan the term auntie can be and is used in a derogatory way towards older women.  So, please could I ask all our younger and older people, men, women, non binary people or however we identify, to remember to be respectful to all of us regardless of our characteristics. (By the way, I would love to be called auntie by my nieces and nephews, and love to be called granny by my grandchildren if I had any! The names describing our relationship to members of our family are not offensive of themselves in case you have misunderstood. It's applying them to women as if they are only valued by their relationships to others, even when you don't even know if they have such a relationship, and mainly of course they are applied to women because of their older age.  (The same goes for men imo but it is up to men to decide how they feel about that, not me, However, I really don't like older men being called grandad, I feel it is rude, unless he is your grandad, or an actual grandad and even then surely you would say, "Mr Tanaka, a grandad of 4 children".... and not just call him "this grandad").  Hope you don't mind me raising this again, it is an important issue to me and others, and I think if any of us feel offended by terms used to refer to people we should say so as we are all learning and growing and none of us get everything right, me especially!!  You don't have to agree with this either, we don't all agree with each other and that is fine, but I would just ask you to please remember it and ask politely for you not use it on a public forum. Many thanks :)

If moderators feel this needs moving to another thread, please can you do so and let me know where it has gone? Thanks! 

28 minutes ago, Pammi said:

It's applying them to women as if they are only valued by their relationships to others, even when you don't even know if they have such a relationship, and mainly of course they are applied to women because of their older age.

I feel the need to clarify this part. In my culture, we don't call older women auntie because they're someone's auntie. But because it's like we're calling them our auntie. All my parents' friends are auntie and uncle to me. When my friends visit, they also call my parents uncle and auntie. We also use grandpa and grandma for older people we are not related to.

Of course this connotes age, so for the younger friends of the family (or those who don't want to be called uncle/auntie) we call them big sister/big brother. 

Of course it's different in your culture and I'm not telling you to agree with me. But since you mentioned culture, I thought I'd share this here.

FYI calling someone auntie CAN be disrespectful. So sometimes we ask what we can call them, or they correct us by saying "I'm too young to be auntie. Call me big sister :)"

(Or if I'm feeling evil, I'll go up to a big sister and go "auntiieeeee" and watch them go "noooooooo" 😂)

Edit: I'm from SEA btw