General Yuzuru Chat

32 minutes ago, FakeFanyu said:

I feel the need to clarify this part. In my culture, we don't call older women auntie because they're someone's auntie. But because it's like we're calling them our auntie. All my parents' friends are auntie and uncle to me. When my friends visit, they also call my parents uncle and auntie. We also use grandpa and grandma for older people we are not related to.

Of course this connotes age, so for the younger friends of the family (or those who don't want to be called uncle/auntie) we call them big sister/big brother. 

Of course it's different in your culture and I'm not telling you to agree with me. But since you mentioned culture, I thought I'd share this here.

FYI calling someone auntie CAN be disrespectful. So sometimes we ask what we can call them, or they correct us by saying "I'm too young to be auntie. Call me big sister :)"

(Or if I'm feeling evil, I'll go up to a big sister and go "auntiieeeee" and watch them go "noooooooo" 😂)

Edit: I'm from SEA btw

Thank you for explaining your view and experience 😊

53 minutes ago, FakeFanyu said:

I feel the need to clarify this part. In my culture, we don't call older women auntie because they're someone's auntie. But because it's like we're calling them our auntie. All my parents' friends are auntie and uncle to me. When my friends visit, they also call my parents uncle and auntie. We also use grandpa and grandma for older people we are not related to.

Of course this connotes age, so for the younger friends of the family (or those who don't want to be called uncle/auntie) we call them big sister/big brother. 

Of course it's different in your culture and I'm not telling you to agree with me. But since you mentioned culture, I thought I'd share this here.

FYI calling someone auntie CAN be disrespectful. So sometimes we ask what we can call them, or they correct us by saying "I'm too young to be auntie. Call me big sister :)"

(Or if I'm feeling evil, I'll go up to a big sister and go "auntiieeeee" and watch them go "noooooooo" 😂)

Edit: I'm from SEA btw

Thank you for enlightening people on cultural differences. This is useful to know so as to demonstrate appropriate politeness when visiting another country.

Living in UK, it is fairly common for children of friends to refer to older people with whom they have a familiar relationship to refer to them as Auntie or Uncle. Calling someone Mr or Mrs Surname would be too formal, calling by given name too casual. The Aunties/ Uncle is acknowledgement of kinship via their own parents, however, it would not be suitable to call someone by this if one did know them, as formal greeting it should then be Title Surname

9 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Thank you for enlightening people on cultural differences. This is useful to know so as to demonstrate appropriate politeness when visiting another country.

Living in UK, it is fairly common for children of friends to refer to older people with whom they have a familiar relationship to refer to them as Auntie or Uncle. Calling someone Mr or Mrs Surname would be too formal, calling by given name too casual. The Aunties/ Uncle is acknowledgement of kinship via their own parents, however, it would not be suitable to call someone by this if one did know them, as formal greeting it should then be Title Surname

There is nothing wrong with calling ppl known to you as auntie/uncle eg good friends of your parents when you were children - I am referring to someone calling older women an auntie or a granny simply because they can see it it is an older woman - it’s an ageist thing imo) Thanks all for engaging with this topic ❤️

So, yuzu was admitting to Tetsuko to being mentally tired after all his shows... well, no wonder. He packed a huge amount into a short period of time with not just performing but all the planning... and interviews!  No wonder he found time to escape one last time to his batcave (tcc). While we know that was also purposeful, sometimes change is as good as a rest. 

Hopefully he now gets some much needed downtime at home before FaOI, where at least it's mostly performing instead of dealing with planning. 

12 minutes ago, liv said:

So, yuzu was admitting to Tetsuko to being mentally tired after all his shows... well, no wonder. He packed a huge amount into a short period of time with not just performing but all the planning... and interviews!  No wonder he found time to escape one last time to his batcave (tcc). While we know that was also purposeful, sometimes change is as good as a rest. 

Hopefully he now gets some much needed downtime at home before FaOI, where at least it's mostly performing instead of dealing with planning. 

Well deserved rest time especially after having whisked himself to Canada and back to Japan as well

4 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:626gdau::tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:SEVGİLİ GEZEGENİMİZ HANYU'YA MUTLU YILLAR!!!!!:aşk duşu:

Bu ev yaratılalı 6 yıl oldu ve fanyus için güvenli bir yer, Yuzu için sevgi ve destek dolu bir yuva haline geldi. :uydu:Bu yerle ilgilenen, etkinliklere, programlara, videolara, besleme bilgilerine ve konuları güncellemeye yardımcı olan tüm yöneticilere, modlara ve tüm uydulara çok teşekkür ederiz ! Ayrıca :teşekkürler: gönderi paylaşmak ve paylaşmak için zaman ayıran herkese  :kalp atışı: ve ayrıca forumu sadece okuyan ve Yuzu'yu seven herkese. 

Bu sefer herhangi bir özel etkinlik düzenlemiyoruz çünkü gün Yuzu içerikleriyle dolu olacak ama Yuzu'nun kanalına gidip birkaç video izleyerek Hanyu Gezegenini "hediye" ederseniz çok güzel olur! :67638860:

:balon-smiley:

Happy birthday  Planet Hanyu :cheer:

I am feeling here close the Yuzu

Thank tou for everything :clapclap4:

Happy anniversary to our Planet!!! :loveshower::smiley-happy057::smiley-happy093:

Whoa so many years already! Went through two olys! What do you mean Yuzu turned pro less than 1 year ago but GIFT happened already 2months ago?(also Disney plz hurry and give us that stream!) how did it happen? what is time???

(and again thank you to the kind soul who back in that April 2017 DMed this then-bbfanyu on that other place, directing me to the temporary chat and then here. Those days were so chaotic and I was a bit lost XD)

So kind of Yuzu &Asahi to give us Prologue special on this special day:P

who else watched and melted into a puddle of feels?:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

35 minutes ago, Pammi said:

There is nothing wrong with calling ppl known to you as auntie/uncle eg good friends of your parents when you were children - I am referring to someone calling older women an auntie or a granny simply because they can see it it is an older woman - it’s an ageist thing imo) Thanks all for engaging with this topic ❤️

57 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

I am Bruneian of Chinese descent.Brunei is also a member of South East Asia (SEA). While I was in the UK, I called or addressed my consultants in the dental hospital as Mr or Miss ( because it's their professional titles in the UK. In other countries, I would have to call dentists Drs).Parents of my friends, I called them uncles and aunties. If I met an old lady (stranger) in a bus, I would call her aunty if we happen to start a conversation.I am not use to call very old lady grandma reason being that both my paternal and maternal grandmothers and grandfathers passed away when I was very young. I felt really weird to even say words like grandma or grandpa even till today. Brunei was British protected country in the past and most ppl here called the elders uncles and aunties regardless whether there is any kinship. 

I used to study Korean as a foreign language ( not Japanese language though..hehe!). There is so many things to learn as how to address ppl properly.Must ask the age first. Paternal and maternal uncles, aunties, cousins etc are addressed differently. It's not a big prob for me as Chinese does it the same way anyway.I don't know about Japanese culture though.I think shouldn't be very far off. This is the reason why I called Telemasa 黑柳徹子aunty ( I really don't know how old she is🤔).

Happy birthday Planet Hanyu! I discovered this safe haven two years ago when I was at my lowest. This place was part of the recovery from that. So thank you for existing and thank you to all moderators and admins because this place is always respectfull and open tot everyone's opinion. 

1 hour ago, EisElle said:

Happy anniversary to our Planet!!! :loveshower::smiley-happy057::smiley-happy093:

Whoa so many years already! Went through two olys! What do you mean Yuzu turned pro less than 1 year ago but GIFT happened already 2months ago?(also Disney plz hurry and give us that stream!) how did it happen? what is time???

(and again thank you to the kind soul who back in that April 2016l7 DMed this then-bbfanyu on that other place, directing me to the temporary chat and then here. Those days were so chaotic and I was a bit lost XD)

So kind of Yuzu &Asahi to give us Prologue special on this special day:P

who else watched and melted into a puddle of feels?:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

Meeeee !!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO OUR DEAR PLANET HANYU!!! :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

Dear Yuzuru and you all, dear fellow satellites, admins and mods, 

Have a good weekend and pls take good care of yourself ! :thanks:

Love you all so much <3 :68271401:

Happy birthday to this wonderful Planet where we can come and gush about Yuzuru endlessly, and also discuss so many other things on different threads. My favourite threads are the general chat, the ice shows of course, videos, poetry thread (wish we used it more!) and fanart, oh and a bit of BTS too- so very many talented and knowledgeable fans. Despite being a member since the birth of the Planet, I still have so much to discover on here!

Thanks to all who moderate, administrate, and participate on the forum, and Many Happy Returns of the Day! :hachimaki_angryparty_: :heart::cheer::loveshower::drink2:

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Tetsuko san is 89 years young an indomitable and intelligent person with a show that has run for 48 years. She is very impressive

Wow! She looks marvelous for her age😜My mum who is 88 yrs old is quite senile and frail. Wheelchair bound and requires care taker assistance 😔