General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

The source mentioned in the calendar in another thread says early August for an open day/interviews at TCC (if I understood correctly). Considering that on the 16th he'll be in Japan, I'd say anytime between now and end of next week? (since I guess he'll want to arrive in Japan a day or two before the Yokohama event... ) So... yes. We might just wake up one of these mornings with news of the FS... :knc_yuzu1:

If you have time to look for that, I'd love to see it.

But yes, I'm sure nobody but Yuzu knows - or understands :P - what goes on in his head lol

Maybe some day he'll do an FS where he won't announce any layout - well beyond what's necessary for the sake of paperwork - and YOLO all the jumps according to what he feels like :darklordyuzu: (Actually a 'skate battle' like that, where they improvise layout, could be really interesting. I'm pretty sure he'd do very good, what with his ability to adapt) Thankfully, that's very unlikely lol

Here are a few articles mentioning his intention to do 5 quads during the free.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-figureskating-world-men-idUSKBN1733G5

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/hanyu-flexes-his-quads-to-beat-old-and-new-rivals-to-world-gold

I guess the articles were written based on the same interview. Quoting from the Reuters article:

"After the short program I was deeply depressed but my fans helped me to produce this performance today," a beaming Hanyu told reporters after bagging his second world gold with a total of 321.59.

"I demonstrated everything I was capable of, my whole package. I wanted to do five quads but did not have enough energy."

:

Just now, katonice said:

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/hanyu-flexes-his-quads-to-beat-old-and-new-rivals-to-world-gold

I guess the articles were written based on the same interview. Quoting from the Reuters article:

:

Ah, now that I see it, it does seem familiar... it could be from the press conference, then.

Thank you for looking it up!

Just now, katonice said:

:

A 4T-1/2Lo-3S wouldn't work, unless he switches one of the 4T combos for a 4Lo-3T, since otherwise he'd have 3 4T jumps in his layout. And granted, he did practice the 4Lo-3T in NHK practices no? Guess that's another combo for 17/18 season, so even with a 4Lz, he could bring in 5 quads, with a 4Lo-3T combo replacing the old CoD. 

Just now, Xen said:

A 4T-1/2Lo-3S wouldn't work, unless he switches one of the 4T combos for a 4Lo-3T, since otherwise he'd have 3 4T jumps in his layout. And granted, he did practice the 4Lo-3T in NHK practices no? Guess that's another combo for 17/18 season, so even with a 4Lz, he could bring in 5 quads, with a 4Lo-3T combo replacing the old CoD. 

I believe his layout during his free was 4Lo 4S 3F // 4S-3T 3A-2T 4T 3A-Lo-3S 3Lz.

So he originally had only one 4T in his layout.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

He could have done a second 4T since he only has 1 of those on the FS. He'd just have to sacrifice the 3A in the combo for it.

Just now, katonice said:

I believe his layout during his free was 4Lo 4S 3F // 4S-3T 3A-2T 4T 3A-Lo-3S 3Lz.

So he originally had only one 4T in his layout.

I stand corrected, for some reason I always remembered the first 4S as a 4T.:facepalm: So yes, he could have yolo'ed a 3 quad second half from WTT. Or maybe do a 4Lo-3T and go for broke....

hace 2 minutos , xeyra said:

He could have done a second 4T since he only has 1 of those on the FS. He'd just have to sacrifice the 3A in the combo for it.

So he did at WTT. But that means no 3Lz, as 3A becames last jump. 

I wonder, with popped 4S to 1S at WTT could he repeat it as a single 4S jump?

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

I stand corrected, for some reason I always remembered the first 4S as a 4T.:facepalm: So yes, he could have yolo'ed a 3 quad second half from WTT. Or maybe do a 4Lo-3T and go for broke....

For some reason I had the same impression, that there were two 4Ts, so you're not alone...

Now I wonder... what would the score have been if he'd done the yolo 3 quad in the second half?

2 minutes ago, liv said:

Soon many questions will be answered... music, 4lz practice, new combos...  when the board explodes one day we'll know media day was on... and maybe some of us will be excited, others maybe disappointed... it will be a ride...

Not necessarily... there have been morning when I woke up to N new pages in this thread but no real news... lol But yes, it'll be interesting...

Actually, I'm curious. When he announced the music last year, did he also announce the layout? I guess something big like 4Lz would be mentioned and covered, but maybe some other details won't? And we'll still be left guessing? (Plus, costume...)

I do not think he gave the layout, but showing off the 4loop made it more obvious what his plan was. If he shows a 4lz this time, we will know it is at least a possibility... same with combos he might let them film. 

Yeah, the board sometimes grows fast without much news, but it will exlode!!! when music is announced. Guaranteed. With love, hate, indifference, disappointment, you name it, lol. 

Just now, liv said:

I do not think he gave the layout, but showing off the 4loop made it more obvious what his plan was. If he shows a 4lz this time, we will know it is at least a possibility... same with combos he might let them film. 

Yeah, the board sometimes grows fast without much news, but it will exlode!!! when music is announced. Guaranteed. With love, hate, indifference, disappointment, you name it, lol. 

...talks about costume choices and layouts ... I can't wait!! :clap:

23 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

...talks about costume choices and layouts ... I can't wait!! :clap:

August 7 is Civic Holiday in Toronto.

I wonder if Yuzu would make that media opening day while some of the skaters at the club spend quality time with their families (and so less people at the TCC)?:crazyshit2: