General Yuzuru Chat

42 minutes ago, JennyYang said:

A question regarding the 24H TV program this Saturday: Is it a LIVE broadcast or recorded program? From the teaser it seems that Yuzu skated with costume on and hair styled. Is it normal if it's just a rehearsal?

i think it's recorded program, we've seen the teaser that he trained with UA and also the sendai ice rink is reserved at 20 and 21 not 27 or 28, so it's recorded i guess? 

i don't know how it was last year

5 hours ago, Anabel said:

Looking back and as horrible as Beijing was, I think baby fanyus like me are having a lot of luck. It is true that we will not be able to enjoy seeing him in competition, but what we are receiving is even better. And I'm sure that what we will continue to receive will erase from our minds that regret for not having known or followed him before.

As for Beijing itself, I think for once my tendency to dissociate myself from reality works in my favor hahahaha
I have seen both Rondo and TenChi and Haru yo, koi several times without dying inside. What I cannot see are the interviews after the SP&FS skating or the press con on the 14th. It still hurts too much...

Painful though it was to watch, I have seen all the footage from Beijing. 

If Yuzu had the courage to endure those terrible events, I felt that it was important to bear witness. It is etched into my memory and hurts to even recall what happened. Somehow, in a strange way, I know that I will never forget what happened there and neither will I forget what was inflicted on Yuzu during the season before PyeongChang and in the four years to Beijing, remotely via a screen it was a diluted experience, but I will remember. 

There is a famous saying:

Spoiler

"You can forgive your enemy, but never forget their name."

One day I might need to recall what happened, everything happens for a reason.

12 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Although painful to watch, I saw all the images of Beijing. 

If Yuzu had the courage to endure these terrible events, I felt it was important to testify. It's etched in my memory and it hurts me to remember what happened. In a way, in a weird way, I know I'll never forget what happened there and I also won't forget what was done to Yuzu in the season before PyeongChang and in the four years in Beijing, remotely via a screen it was a diluted experience, but I will remember that. 

There is a famous saying:

Hide content

"You can forgive your enemy, but never forget his name."

One day I might need to remember what happened, everything happens for a reason.

And you still have to be able to forgive..... 

Hace 6 horas, Anabel said:

Looking back and as horrible as Beijing was, I think baby fanyus like me are having a lot of luck. It is true that we will not be able to enjoy seeing him in competition, but what we are receiving is even better. And I'm sure that what we will continue to receive will erase from our minds that regret for not having known or followed him before.

As for Beijing itself, I think for once my tendency to dissociate myself from reality works in my favor hahahaha
I have seen both Rondo and TenChi and Haru yo, koi several times without dying inside. What I cannot see are the interviews after the SP&FS skating or the press con on the 14th. It still hurts too much...

I still can't watch that interview in Beijing when he has to turn around to hide his tears. Too painful.

15 hours ago, gapil27 said:

Beijing was my first (and last) Olys with Yuzu and to say it was traumatizing was an understatement. I still to this day cannot bring myself to watch both of his programs . . . . . .  I also did not watch any of his interviews (too painful). . . .

All in all not a good experience, but the gala made up for it. I’m glad it ended with his beautiful skating and the usual Yuzu shenanigans.

15 hours ago, Elly said:

To be completely honest, I still feel a bit jealous (mixed in with a bit of sadness and regret too) that I didn't get to experience Yuzu's triumphs . . . . . I feel like I should have known about him sooner, and also a bit guilty that I didn't. I'm a Beijing baby fanyu but I hardly consider that as watching a competition since I knew nothing about the fs world or anything about the rules/jumps/technicalities/corruption. . . . . .

13 hours ago, Goatedforever said:

I’m a veteran fan and tbh I cannot watch . . . . . HYK from Beijing. . . . . .

I second the above. As a newbie, I'm also very sorry and sad to have missed out on witnessing Yuzu's triumphs in real time.

I too cannot bear to watch again the Beijing programs and interviews, it's much too painful, like others said. But I can't even re-watch the gala performance (although "Haru yo koi" is one of my top favs). I'm retrospectively very sorry to have watched the gala finale at all (several fancams too), coz in spite of Yuzu being his usual sweet and cute and friendly and adorable self with all the usual playful shenanigans, there were many long moments when he was standing by the side of the rink alone - and my heart was breaking for him. Even now, speaking/writing about it, my tears won't be supressed. 

And so ... no, I don't intend to ever watch anything again from Beijing 2022.

4 時間前, Anabelさんが言いました:

A bit off topic, but a Sendai school has won the summer Koshien tournament. That is quite a feat!

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2022/08/0c90d121db43-baseball-sendai-ikuei-beats-shimonoseki-kokusai-in-summer-koshien.html

As Yuzuru is a baseball fan, he must be excited and happy :loveshower:

It's a really popular baseball tournament of high schools, and everyone cheers for their home team.

Sendai Station: People trying to get the extra issue reporting the victory.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/eb5e3e14aa67b8958363dbd1413f87e72103251d

Guest turquoiseblue

[NEWS]

Conrad Orzel mentions Yuzu in his new interview.

Changes Paying Off For Conrad Orzel
By Susan D. Russell, IFS Magazine
22 August 2022

During his years at the Toronto Cricket Club, Orzel had the opportunity to train on the same ice as Yuzuru Hanyu. He said it was an experience he will never forget.

“I believe he is like the greatest of all time. He did so much for the sport and through the years I got to train with him. It was such an honor just to see how great he is on and off the ice,” said Orzel. “It is the end of an era, but I think me and the whole skating world is just thankful to him for the contribution he has made to figure skating.”

:snonegai: