General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, YuDai said:

So...Yuzu's segment will possibly start around 8:30 pm this Saturday? (JPN time)

Yay, that's great news about lunchtime for Europe and UK and South Africa. I know how I will be spending Saturday afternoon, make a nest on sofa, pop bubbly, ahhhhh bliss

I think it hasn't been posted here yet - a small thing, yet very symbolic.

First, just look straight at the picture and try to quickly find Yuzu there. 

You found him? Exactly.

And he's by far the greatest of all the skaters in the photo.

Another reason or explanation for why people love him so much. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Sorry if posted already - just love how everyone seems to be ready to call him GOAT and say how great he is now he's not in competitions any more (why couldn't they say it before??!!)

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Sorry if posted already - just love how everyone seems to be ready to call him GOAT and say how great he is now he's not in competitions any more (why couldn't they say it before??!!)

This is a really lovely support message and film, to celebrate Yuzu from his ever true and loyal blade smith.

Considering that John Wilson Blades is based in Sheffield, I wish that they had used a well known British actor for the voice over - for example Sean Bean, who himself hails from Sheffield. 

25 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Could we dream that little by little voices are raised and people begin to talk about what happened with Yuzu in recent years? 

This season may well be the litmus test. Once the competitions restart and the programmes are presented and scored there may be a chasm between what is real and how highly inflated scores go. Attempts at erasing or overshadowing historic scores may lead to people speaking out. Some people like their cosy situations and will stay quiet so as to insulate themselves. On the other hand, as the power bases are eroded, people may have the courage to make public testimonials.

The ultimate protest will be the boycott of competitions. Fans feel aggrieved at the way these sleights occurred, year on year. Many fans became disenfranchised and really only attended events to support Yuzu, their absence will be felt now that they will no longer attend competitions.

Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Perelandra said:

I know how I will be spending Saturday afternoon, make a nest on sofa, pop bubbly, ahhhhh bliss

Yaaaay! Another great excuse for a glass of Prosecco or two!!! :drink2:

(with some inane rondo-rambling to follow of course.....sorry Satellites, but at least you have been pre-warned!!!)

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

for example Sean Bean, who himself hails from Sheffield. 

and he has such a great voice! Why an American (U.S.) accent JWB?? (tho it does sound suitably dramatic for Yuzuru!!)

Edit: just watched again - it's all U.S. athletes that Yuzu is compared with :crazyshit: and they are greats of course but they could have added another Japanese sports star - Shohei or Kohei for example - Shohei especially given he is well known in the U.S. and is a really unbelievable sportsman.

2nd EDIT: ahhhh just re-read this - it sounds like I don't think Kohei is an unbelievable sportsman the way I have written this! But of course you know I don't mean that because he IS an unbelievable sportsman too :strong: