General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, Shayuzu said:

can someone translate this? i'm guessing he is taking part in the charity this year (?)

I'll take a stab:

Yuzuru Hanyu will make his 4th appearance in a row on 24HOUR TELEVISION.  This year, Hanyu will perform on the ice with Sora Ikeba, a young boy born with asthma who was inspired by Hanyu to take up figure skating.

(Note: This performance is not open to the public.)

29 minutes ago, Shayuzu said:

can someone translate this? i'm guessing he is taking part in the charity this year (?)

Not a proper translation, because I should be sleeping, but yes, he'll be on it again, speaking about his asthma - and difficulties related to that, I guess - for the first time and what @souyouki said ^_^

Official news here: http://www.ntv.co.jp/24h/topics/2017/07/2017826272440.html

21 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Not a proper translation, because I should be sleeping, but yes, he'll be on it again, speaking about his asthma - and difficulties related to that, I guess - for the first time and what @souyouki said ^_^

!!!! I can't wait to hear what he has to say :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2094874/full/?ref_cd=tw
Translation by Gladi Pooh-san via Facebook

saw this and want to share it cause its so cute :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

Yuzu will be participating in "24H TV" for the 4th year in a row. The broadcast will start on August 26 6PM Japanese Time on NTV. Yuzuru will be coaching a kid with asthma, who started skating because he looked up to Yuzu. An ice show will also be held to cheer for kids who also battle with asthma and other illnesses, to say "Let's work hard together!" to them.

From his training base of Toronto, Canada, Hanyu-senshu talked on phone with 12 yo 池葉宙 who has been skating since 9, despite fighting with asthma since young. When he nervously told Hanyu that he likes his jumps, Hanyu replied "Next time when I return to Japan, let's practice together!" In this way, the decision to hold Hanyu-senshu's special skating classroom and ice show came to be.

The theme this time, "Confession~lets say it with courage!" "My way of being brave is probably to give my all with what I have," said Hanyu. "Of course there are times of fear and insecurity, when you must be brave. Those are probably sentiments you feel when you want to throw in your full effort, and give something your all. When I feel that, because courage is already in place, so just keep going and working hard and the sense of courage would come out, I think."

42 minutes ago, Shayuzu said:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2094874/full/?ref_cd=tw
Translation by Gladi Pooh-san via Facebook

saw this and want to share it cause its so cute :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

Yuzu will be participating in "24H TV" for the 4th year in a row. The broadcast will start on August 26 6PM Japanese Time on NTV. Yuzuru will be coaching a kid with asthma, who started skating because he looked up to Yuzu. An ice show will also be held to cheer for kids who also battle with asthma and other illnesses, to say "Let's work hard together!" to them.

From his training base of Toronto, Canada, Hanyu-senshu talked on phone with 12 yo 池葉宙 who has been skating since 9, despite fighting with asthma since young. When he nervously told Hanyu that he likes his jumps, Hanyu replied "Next time when I return to Japan, let's practice together!" In this way, the decision to hold Hanyu-senshu's special skating classroom and ice show came to be.

The theme this time, "Confession~lets say it with courage!" "My way of being brave is probably to give my all with what I have," said Hanyu. "Of course there are times of fear and insecurity, when you must be brave. Those are probably sentiments you feel when you want to throw in your full effort, and give something your all. When I feel that, because courage is already in place, so just keep going and working hard and the sense of courage would come out, I think."

Aw, this is so cute. I wonder if the phone call was recorded.

Also, does this mean his skating classroom will also be recorded and shown during the show or perhaps a news clip? I hope so.

Edit: In a way I'm glad that Hanyu is going to talk about his difficulties about asthma himself and on national tv as he is a great inspiration to many for a lot of things.

I miss Yuzu. :sorrow:

Well then, I guess I need to prepare some tissues for this. I know that he's never talked about his asthma (or his injuries) at length (stubborn boy...) and to finally do it because of a young asthmatic boy who looks up to him and to encourage other kids who have health issues. Aaaaaaah.... I feel like my heart is bursting a bit because he has such a kind and gentle soul.

30 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

News abt the 24h TV charity show!

And maybe that's the kid with asthma who talked to Yuzu on the phone?

Yeap! That's the kid skater with asthma! And he is encouraging him oversea...Omg this guy is killing me softly with his kindness... such sweet but brave soul!!:sadPooh:

Need to backload tissues and brace this storm of feels when 24tv aired his segment with everyone in the streaming party here in planet hanyu:grouphug::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

4 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

Yeap! That's the kid skater with asthma! And he is encouraging him oversea...Omg this guy is killing me softly with his kindness... such sweet but brave soul!!:sadPooh:

Need to backload tissues and brace this storm of feels when 24tv aired his segment with everyone in the streaming party here in planet hanyu:grouphug::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

And the kid was so surprised to see Yuzu! So endearing!!! I can't wait to see Yuzu and the children on that skating lesson!!! Tissues are a must, that's for sure!!!