General Yuzuru Chat

As everyone knows, Ghislain has been working with the Kinoshita Group in Kyoto this month. He is returning to Canada on May 29. There have been rumors that he may show up at one of the Fantasy on Ice shows.

Although I am not at liberty to reveal the source of my information, I am able to say that Ghislain will be in the audience at the show on Saturday, May 28.

I hope that Yuzu and his fans will acknowledge Ghislain’s presence and give him a very warm welcome. (I wonder whether the fans will be able to recognize him because he has lost so much weight!) I am also hoping that Ghislain will have an opportunity to meet and chat with Yuzu.

On 5/15/2022 at 3:24 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

I agree completely! I would also add that I hope Yuzu realizes now that it's enough, for his fans,  just for him to be himself on the ice and to show his own point of view. 

Yes. After having been extremely sad about the "measurable" outcome of Beijing Olympics, I am now inclined to think that Yuzu could hardly have won more hearts if he had been on the podium or even won. Which -  as I still believe - was within his reach, given the constantly extremely high quality of his skating. Had there not been bad luck during SP, a fresh injury and the high pressure of having to try a risky jump due to unfair scoring. If Yuzu had won, he probably would have been considered not a normal human being and his own standards would have risen to an insane level. And the pressure of not being allowed to fail would have grown even more. Apart from all the jealousy that would have come from certain "corners". So now, I can imagine, after all the pain and bitterness it must have been a big relief. People all over the world love him for being human and become aware of the hardships he has encountered. I agree: This would also explain why he looks refreshed now while he seemed tense (and sometimes a bit red-eyed) in Beijing. Maybe there is a reason why things happen ...

Wonderful to see news about Yuzu, but it seems like he has not announced whether or not he will compete this year. He says his ankle is not 100%, and I wonder if that is a big reason why maybe he doesn’t know right now. He isn’t forced to jump in ice shows, but he has to jump in competition. Perhaps he is waiting to see how well he heals???

2 minutes ago, Muffinator said:

Wonderful to see news about Yuzu, but it seems like he has not announced whether or not he will compete this year. He says his ankle is not 100%, and I wonder if that is a big reason why maybe he doesn’t know right now. He isn’t forced to jump in ice shows, but he has to jump in competition. Perhaps he is waiting to see how well he heals???

he’s jumping 4T in rehearsal no idea how’s the recovery now

37 minutes ago, Muffinator said:

@meowmeownyan That’s very encouraging news that he feels well enough to jump 4A in practice!! Do you know if he has landed it?

no 4A, 4T a quad toeloop. 
It comes easy to him, and recently it has developed into a monstrous jump, thanks to the 4A training probably. Part of his signature high kick in FaOI opening: 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
38 minutes ago, Muffinator said:

@meowmeownyan That’s very encouraging news that he feels well enough to jump 4A in practice!! Do you know if he has landed it?

He jumped 4T, not 4A, but he said he still hopes to challenge 4A, perhaps later when his ankle has fully healed.

23 minutes ago, Muffinator said:

FTr7CooaAAATzwe?format=jpg&name=largeYuzu has kitten paws here. All he needs are kitten ears!

Kitty Yuzu. :kitty: