General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

More praise for Yuzuru .... 

I am surprised at the things N is saying now, the timing of it, he hasn't been so vociferous about Yuzu before has he, and to do it before the Olys? Any theories??  Most sports people would not be beefing up their main "rival" at this point in the proceedings 

He really could not afford bitching about a rival especially after all the borderline homophobic things he has said about the sport. And this close to Olympics, he is at least not that foolish. Also, this takes the pressure somewhat from him, and heaps it all on Zu.

But I am biased af, not to mention, jaded to hell. I am sure Chen is a nice enough young man. But, meh. I just don't vibe with him and his surroundings, so I see everything he and his team does as 'sus', as the kids call it.

ETA: as for articles, unless it deliberately mentions the bias judging and corrupt implementation of the CoP system that made it possible for Chen and any jumpers to be even close to rivaling Yuzuru, I would ALWAYS find the article lacking. There. That's what I want, for an article to get my nod. I don't care how high they praise Yuzu. If they don't acknowledge the actual reason behind him losing sometimes, it's rubbish, afaic.

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

I am surprised at the things N is saying now, the timing of it, he hasn't been so vociferous about Yuzu before has he, and to do it before the Olys? Any theories??  Most sports people would not be beefing up their main "rival" at this point in the proceedings 

Spoiler

In preparation for the coming "beats the symbol of figure skating" "humble and gentleman", one in the universe, greatest skater ever and  whatsoever bul***t narratives......The US is really locking this ogm (I believe they'll really dare prop their another quadster into Sotnikova 2022 shall any unforeseen circumstances occurs), since it's clear that they don't stand a chance in other individual disciplines. The skater concerned is being quite consistent with his jumps in recent open practices, which demonstrates that he indeed know clearly what he needs (and doesn't need i.e. transitions, complex entries and exits, quality elements and choreo) for the judges and fed to complete the coronation procedures. 

Man I am becoming increasingly dark and twisted as the day is approaching..... sorry guys for spreading Saitama and Stockholm PTSD......but I have no faith in this Olympic judging at all, no.

Edited under spoiler to prevent spreading negativity.....Yuzu where are you pls appear or fans gonna post wanted notice over the web you know.....

Guest Mary_kyo
2 hours ago, Pammi said:

I doubt after that interview in July, Nate will be let to do any interviews without given text/scripts beforehand. But he also called Yuzu goat in GPF2019 while being thrilled about his own high scores, so yep. I think as long as he wins, he won’t talk negatively about the loser rival.

At least I’m glad that his team stopped the obvious disrespect in public. They probably understood that obvious disrespect doesn’t work well for Nathan’s image. I predict Johnny and Tara will tone down too.

Maybe too optimistic but I hope judges won't repeat another GPF2019 scoring nonsense too and understood that while they can overscore Nathan, there is no need to be that obvious about it.

29 minutes ago, AFBSLKoanda said:
Spoiler

In preparation for the coming "beats the symbol of figure skating"

Spoiler

This too, yes, preparing the headlines for the after competition and glorifying the potential win.

Btw, Nate isn’t that consistent to me though. I didn’t notice clean RT for the many times he practiced his programs already and each time one of his jumps don’t behave. As negative as I am about judging (or in general about FS), I believe Yuzu can certainly win if he goes clean. And I consider his chances of skating clean very high.

11小时前, jier说:

Hahaha, since he is not going to Team event, I reset my expectation on 5th Feb to see him! I will just chill out for these two days, before the storm comes in. 

I changed my mind after knowing there will only be one OP in the main rink before 8 Feb, which is on 5th. If we are not going to see Yuzu tomorrow... then he will only have one time to practice on the main rink, which is right before the SP on 8th. I am getting anxious now.:panic:

Realising Yuzu is not going to take part in the SP Team Event, I’m now hoping he’s giving it a miss totally. I’m relieved Yuzu can rely on his team mates to relief him of any TE duties, leaving him more time to prepare for his battle.  Away from the intense media scrutiny, he can single-mindedly focus on mastering the 4A in Japan until the time comes for him to depart for Beijing for the Men’s Single Events. Meantime, it’s nice the rest of the athletes are getting their fair share of media attention.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:31 PM, Mary_kyo said:

I snorted so loud at this part: “So, even with a quad axel, Hanyu wouldn't be guaranteed to win”. Sorry, but this just bluntly proves that the judging/scoring criterion is BS and the BV for 4A doesn't make sense at all 

Anyway, he already made history with the win in PYC18, they can cry.

And he will continue to make more history. They can cry more.:coolio:

Such media reporting is feeding into the US narrative that the appointed one is truly a league on his own, even Yuzu might not beat him with a historic feat of a ratified 4A.  I'm thinking the reason for them to confidently spread such sentiments (with unpredictability of high BV from the 4A being taken care of when it was changed to 12.5) is to set the stage right ie. unlike Sochi, it will not be a scandalous OGM win for the appointed one barring no mistakes on his part.

The Americans are talking up Nathan as much as possible but I have a feeling that secretly they are terrified because China is a place where American money and influence will not work as far as this Olympics are concerned.  I know everyone here has been lamenting over unfair judging but (this might be wishful thinking on my part) they are not taking into account that these Olympics are also a political event as well as a sporting event and here's where the American scenario will not inevitably work to the Americans' liking.  The fact is that the current Chinese head of state, Xi Jinping, is betting a lot on this spectacle.  He wants it to run smoothly and free of controversy.  He even went so far as to order the shutdown of many industrial facilities so as to remove as far as possible the air pollution so prevalent in Beijing.  He wants blue skies for the event (at least if the skies are grey he wants them to be natural, not manmade).  The last thing he wants is a scandal and a scandal in figure-skating would be the last kind of scandal he wants.  One has to remember that figure-skating and alpine skiing are the two glamor sports in the winter games.  They go all the way back to the beginnings of the Winter Olympics.  He knows also that Yuzu has a huge following in China, a following that is substantially greater than that of Boyang Jin, China's premier men's skater and that Nathan's following there is virtually nonexistent.  I am certain that he is quite aware of the criticism of judging of Yuzu and Nathan and realizes there is potential scandal there and he also probably knows how strong Yuzu's fanbase is around the world and that outside of North America the prevailing sentiment amongst the public as well as the skating commentariat  is for Yuzu to get his third gold and do his 4A.  I am quite certain that the Olympics authorities have been told that the judging of the men's figure-skating be totally by the book and that if Yuzu is clearly the superior the judges' scores should reflect that.  The thing is that if Nathan were to win because of biased judging the furor would not make Xi look good.  It would mar his Olympics and right now his position in the Chinese power structure is a bit shaky because of very serious problems with financing of construction projects over the years that are now facing the fact that the bills are due.  The problems threaten the entire Chinese economy and Xi needs every bit of good news that he can get and an Olympics scandal is not the kind of news he wants.  So I am not so bleak in my outlook as so many here are.  If the scoring is fair (and it should be if my reasoning here is sound) then Yuzu can do the job all of us expect him to do and come home with the gold.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, Mary_kyo said:

"I hope the judges will do a good job"

Me too, Shae, me too....

brb crying over the emotional story behind Rondo :crybaby:What really sets Yuzu apart from others is him telling stories through his skates. So magical... ofc he has the exceptional technical ability to do that flawlessly too.

Particularly as it seems to be his OWN story Yuzu is telling. I think this is - again - unprecedented. (If you don't count Masquerade which was Toshl's story but Yuzu somehow made it his own ...) :heartpound::crybaby: