General Yuzuru Chat

I hope so too and also that Yuzuru's WD at the screen during the rthym dance of ice dance team ecent was only a test...what a sick sense of "humor"  from the officials....anyway but I am worried...I have no finger nails left to bite

14 hours ago, micaelis said:

The Americans are talking up Nathan as much as possible but I have a feeling that secretly they are terrified because China is a place where American money and influence will not work as far as this Olympics are concerned.  I know everyone here has been lamenting over unfair judging but (this might be wishful thinking on my part) they are not taking into account that these Olympics are also a political event as well as a sporting event and here's where the American scenario will not inevitably work to the Americans' liking.  The fact is that the current Chinese head of state, Xi Jinping, is betting a lot on this spectacle.  He wants it to run smoothly and free of controversy.  He even went so far as to order the shutdown of many industrial facilities so as to remove as far as possible the air pollution so prevalent in Beijing.  He wants blue skies for the event (at least if the skies are grey he wants them to be natural, not manmade).  The last thing he wants is a scandal and a scandal in figure-skating would be the last kind of scandal he wants.  One has to remember that figure-skating and alpine skiing are the two glamor sports in the winter games.  They go all the way back to the beginnings of the Winter Olympics.  He knows also that Yuzu has a huge following in China, a following that is substantially greater than that of Boyang Jin, China's premier men's skater and that Nathan's following there is virtually nonexistent.  I am certain that he is quite aware of the criticism of judging of Yuzu and Nathan and realizes there is potential scandal there and he also probably knows how strong Yuzu's fanbase is around the world and that outside of North America the prevailing sentiment amongst the public as well as the skating commentariat  is for Yuzu to get his third gold and do his 4A.  I am quite certain that the Olympics authorities have been told that the judging of the men's figure-skating be totally by the book and that if Yuzu is clearly the superior the judges' scores should reflect that.  The thing is that if Nathan were to win because of biased judging the furor would not make Xi look good.  It would mar his Olympics and right now his position in the Chinese power structure is a bit shaky because of very serious problems with financing of construction projects over the years that are now facing the fact that the bills are due.  The problems threaten the entire Chinese economy and Xi needs every bit of good news that he can get and an Olympics scandal is not the kind of news he wants.  So I am not so bleak in my outlook as so many here are.  If the scoring is fair (and it should be if my reasoning here is sound) then Yuzu can do the job all of us expect him to do and come home with the gold.

I had little hope about that but after seeing Nate's scores in sp guess who gave him the highest score.. yup the chinese judge

Guest turquoiseblue

[NEWS]

Korean interview with Brian:

[올림픽] 오서 코치 "차준환, 6위권 가능…메달도 불가능하진 않다"
4 February 2022

Google translate

Meanwhile, coach Orser is coaching male single superstar Hanyu.

However, coach Orser enrolled Cha Jun-hwan as Cha Jun-hwan's dedicated coach instead of Hanyu.

When asked, “Why did you choose Korea over Japan?” Coach Orser said, “Hanyu has many leaders.

He continued, "Especially Yuna Kim and Junhwan Cha, I have been making connections with good players, and to me, they are like family."

A number of Japanese reporters also gathered at the training that day, drawing attention. A Japanese reporter asked Coach Orser about Hanyu's whereabouts.

Hanyu is not taking part in his official training ahead of the opening of the Olympics. He has not heard of any entry into China.

"I don't know," coach Orser told Japanese reporters. Coach Orser is not expected to coach Hanyu at the Beijing Olympics.

It's so funny, I feel like everyone is so anxious for Yuzu to appear that when he actually does things are going to explode 

I myself could not sleep well at all last night since I went to bed with rumors that he WD, but like others have said, if he did that would have been all over the news if he did. I think the JSF would have been all over getting the substitute ready and in Beijing. With all the media and hype, I would hope the JOC would've nipped that in the bud if they knew Yuzu wasn't coming.

Just watch, Yuzu's been around for weeks and will appear in the opening ceremonies LOL