General Yuzuru Chat

Literally half the skaters are there now in Beijing,  I've seen that Shcherbakova/Trusova/Valieva have reached Olympic village, Jason is there, Roman Sadovsky is there, I'm pretty sure that half of team Japan is there by now and Yuzu is once again being his usual ninja self 😂 in all seriousness I do hope he hasn't run into any issues  though that wouldn't be good

3 時間前, turquoiseblueさんが言いました:

[NEWS]

:clapping-smiley:

I know we are used to Hanyuconomy already, but it is kind of insane if you think about it. I can't imagine my rink has overseas orders of their gloves and socks. :smiley-laughing021:

But as a fanyu, I will continue to order Irene gloves even though I already have like 6 or 7 pairs. :redface:

New Shae-Lynn Bourne interview from the latest Kiss & Cry magazine, automatically translated with OCR and deepL. As always, I don't speak Japanese and this is not a proper translation.

By the way, the magazine is so beautiful, it is almost a photobook!

Spoiler

KISS & CRY vol. 42 (January 2022) - Shae-Lynn Bourne Special Interview 

(deepL translation)

羽生結弦が創る氷上の世界

The world on ice created by Yuzuru Hanyu

シェイ=リーン·ボーン

76年1月24日生まれ、カナダ出身。アイスダンスの選手として3度冬季五輪に出場し、'03年の世界選手権で金メダルに。現在は振付師として活躍中。

Shae-Lynn Bourne

Born on 24 January 1976 in Canada. She competed in three Winter Olympics as an ice dancer and won the gold medal at the World Championships in 2003. She is currently working as a choreographer.

— まず、新ショート『序奏とロンド・カプリチオーソ』について教えてください。どのような経緯で、ジェフリー・バトルさんと共同で振り付けることになったのでしょうか?

シェイ  ュヅから「ショートの振り付けを完成させる手伝いをしてほしい』と依頼されました。すでに音楽が決まっていて、ジェフリーが振り付けを行っていましたが、ユヅは観客との”コネクション(繋がり)”をさらに深めたいと考えたのです。これまで私はフリーの振り付けを担当してきたので、これは新しい体験でした。

Q:  First of all, please tell us about the new short program "Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso". How did you and Jeffrey Buttle come to collaborate on the choreography?

Shae: Yuzu asked me to help him finish the choreography for the short program. The music was already set and Jeffrey was doing the choreography, but Yuzu wanted to create more of a "connection" with the audience. This was a new experience for me, as I have always choreographed his free programs until now.

— 振り付けはどのようなプロセスで行われたのでしょうか?

シェイ  とても光栄でうれしかったのですが、最初に確認したのは『ジェフリーとブライアン(·オーサー)が同意しているか』ということでした。ほかの人の振り付けに勝手に手を入れるわけにはいきませんから。そして、ジェフリーからは「あなたの好きなようにアレンジしてかまわない」という返事が来て、ブライアンも私の意見が加わることを歓迎してくれました。ユヅはこのプログラムを、長年彼の振り付けを担当してきたジェフリーと私の集大成となる作品にしたいと願っていたのです。実際の作業は1週間くらい…いえ、中休みも入れてもう少しかかりましたね。

Q: What was the choreography process like?

Shae: I felt very honoured and happy, but the first thing I had to make sure of was that Jeffrey and Brian (Orser) would accept it. Because you can't just take someone else's choreography and change it. Jeffrey replied, "You can rearrange it any way you like", and Brian welcomed my input. Yuzu wanted this programme to be the culmination of all the work that Jeffrey and I had done together over the years as his choreographers. The actual work took about a week... well, a bit more if you include the breaks.

— 具体的に、どのような部分を担当したのでしょうか?

シェイ  全体的な振り付けを見直し、細部を調整していくという作業でした。ユヅはこのプログラムに込めた自身の思いを、より観客が理解できるものに仕上げたいと願っていました。まずユヅから、彼が演じているビデオがたくさん送られてきました。その時点では全体の雰囲気はできあがっていましたが、細部にはいろいろな課題がありました。例えば、冒頭で彼は“とても寒い場所にいる”という表現をしたかったそうなのですが、それがあまり伝わってこなかった。私は「私の解釈だったらこうする』というものを演じて、ユヅに送り返しました。また、彼のトレーニングにもリモートで立ち合いました。

Q: What part of the programme did you work on?

Shae: It was a process of reviewing the overall choreography and adjusting the details. Yuzu wanted to make his ideas for the programme more understandable to the audience. First of all, Yuzu sent me a lot of videos of him performing. At that point, the overall impression had been created, but there were a lot of details that could be refined. For example, in the beginning he wanted to express that he was in a very cold (sad? dark?) place, but it didn't come across clearly. I performed my own interpretation and sent it back to Yuzu. I also worked with him remotely during his training.

— 羽生選手は『シェイ=リーンが情緒あふれる物語を作ってくれた』と言っていました。どのようなストーリーなのでしょうか?

シェイ  最初に彼は、この音楽についての説明と、“自分がどのような気持ちなのか”ということを説明してくれました。そして、私はそれに対して私自身の解釈を加えました。冒頭の部分、ユヅは静かで“この世で最も寒い場所”にいて、そこからたったー人で踏み出します。そして最初のジャンプの後に、小さな光が見えてくる。彼はその光に向かって行きますが、抱きしめると光は消えてしまいます。でも、また違う光が見えて、今度はそちらに向かいますが、やはり光は消えてしまいます。それを何度か繰り返すのですが、“光”は彼のこれまでのスケート人生を象徴しているんです。彼が手にしたサポート、観客の応援、すばらしい演技、成功の数々などです。しかし、それらは美しいけれど、永遠に続くものではありません。最後のハイライトの部分では、彼は力強い音楽に合わせて最後まで戦います。そして、この世の全ては移り変わっていくのだということを受け入れます。ユヅは全ての体験を通り抜けてきたので、それら(光)の存在があるということを知っているのです。

Q: Hanyu said, "Shae-Lynn has created an emotional story for me". What kind of story is it?

Shae: First, he explained about the music and how he felt about it. Then I made my own interpretation of it. In the beginning, Yuzu is in a silent "coldest place in the world," and he steps out of it all alone. After the first jump, he sees a small light. He goes towards the light, but when he embraces it, it disappears. But then he sees another light, and he goes towards it this time, but the light also disappears. This is repeated several times, and the "light" symbolizes his skating life so far. The support he has gotten, the cheers from the audience, the great performances, the successes. But although they are beautiful, they can't last forever. In the final highlight of the program, he continues to fight until the end, accompanied by strong music. And he accepts that everything in this world is in transition. Yuzu has been through all these experiences, so he knows that these ("lights") exist.

— とても美しいストーリーですね。実際に全日本選手権2021の演技を見た感想を教えてください。

シェイ  それまで何度も練習のビデオを見ていましたが、観客の前で演じている映像で見た時は、感動しました。リンクにいる彼は本当に特別な存在感があり、一瞬一瞬を大事にしていました。そして、とても自然体で、音楽と完壁にコネクトし一体化しているように見えました。それが最終的なゴールだったのです。彼は輝いて、自分の真実にたどり着いたように見えました。普通は試合を重ねてプログラムを完成させていきますが、ユヅはケガのためにそれをする機会がありませんでした。でも彼は経験豊かな選手ですので、あのようなすばらしい演技ができたのでしょう。“良い演技”というものの90%は“精神力”だと思いますが、ユヅにはそれがあります。

Q: It's a fascinating story. What are your impressions of the actual performance at the All-Japan Championships 2021?

Shae: I had seen videos of him practicing many times before, but when I saw him on video performing in front of an audience, I was very impressed. He really had a special presence on the ice, and he was cherishing every moment. He looked so natural, so connected and one with the music. That was the ultimate goal. He was shining and looked like he had reached his own truth. Normally, we complete the program through a series of competitions, but Yuzu didn't have a chance to do that due to his injury. But he is a very experienced competitor, so he was able to give such a great performance. I think 90% of a good performance is "mental strength", and Yuzu has it.

— フリーの振り付けもブラッシュアップしたのでしょうか?

シェイ  いいえ。今シーズンはフリーに関して私は全く手をつけていません。彼は今季のフリーについて「4回転アクセルを跳ぶことに集中したい」と言っていましたので、それを成功させることが最優先でした。4回転アクセルを跳びやすいように、ユヅ自身が事前のパターンなどを少しアレンジしていたと思います。

Q: Have you also polished the choreography of the free program?

Shae: No. I have not worked on his free program this season. He said that he wanted to focus on the quad Axel, so that was his first priority. I think Yuzu himself made some changes in the program to make it easier to jump the quad Axel.

— 全日本選手権2021のフリーの演技を見て、どう感じましたか?

シェイ  フリーに関しては、言葉を失いました。最初に4回転アクセルを試みてから疲れを見せることもなく、残りをほとんどミスなく滑り切るなんて。彼があのジャンプに挑むことは世界中が分かっていました。そのプレッシャーは、どれほどのものだったでしょう。その上で、あそこまで集中してできるというのは、彼の精神力の強さを物語っています。彼の演技は、見ている人々に魔法をかけます。誰も過去に試みたことのないことに挑戦して、あれほどの演技を見せたのは驚くべきことでした。

Q: How did you feel after watching his free program in the 2021 All-Japan Championships?

Shae: The free skate left me speechless. He showed no signs of fatigue after his first attempt of the quad Axel, and he skated the rest of the program with almost no mistakes. The whole world was expecting him to do that jump. How much pressure must have been on him? The fact that he could concentrate so well on it shows how strong his mind is. His performance is magical to watch. It was amazing to see him try something that no one had ever done before, and to see him doing it so well.

— 羽生選手は21年11月にケガのためにグランプリシリーズ欠場を発表しました。その期間は、連絡を取り合っていたのでしょうか?

シェイ  いいえ。彼がトレーニングを中断していた時は、特にやり取りしませんでした。きちんと体を休めるようには伝えたのですが、彼のことですから筋力を落とさないようにするなど、その時にできることはやっていたのだろうと思います。

Q: Hanyu announced that he would miss the Grand Prix Series in November 2021 due to injury. Did you keep in touch with him during that period?

Shae: No. When he stopped training, he didn't communicate with me (us?). I told him to rest properly, but I think he was doing what he could at that time to keep his muscle strength up.

— 北京冬季五輪の金メダルも期待されていますが、その可能性についてはどう考えますか?

シェイ  ほかでもないユヅですから、もちろん可能性はあります。彼はそれを全日本選手権で証明してみせました。過去にもやり遂げていますし、誰も彼を優勝候補から外すことはできないでしょう。選手たちはみんなべストを尽くしてきますので、北京冬季五輪はすごい戦いになると思います。

Q: How do you feel about the chances of winning a gold medal at the Beijing Winter Olympics?

Shae: Of course it's possible, because it's Yuzu. He proved it at the All-Japan Championships. He has done it before and I don't think anyone should count him out. All the athletes will give their best and I think it will be a great battle at the Beijing Winter Olympics.

— 羽生選手が北京冬季五輪出場を決意したことは驚きましたか?

シェイ  驚きはないですね。彼はまだ若いですし、このスポーツをずっとけん引してきて、多くの人々にインスピレーションを与えてきた選手です。また、“4回転アクセルを成功させる”という新たなチャレンジができたことも関係があると思います。おそらく彼にとっては、3つ目の金メダルを獲ることより、4回転アクセルを世界で初めて成功させることのほうが大事なのでしょう。成功できれば、それだけでも彼にとっての金メダルに違いありません。

Q: Were you surprised by Hanyu's decision to compete in the Beijing Winter Olympics?

Shae: I'm not surprised. He's still young, he's been a driving force in this sport for a long time, he's been an inspiration to many people. I think it has something to do with the new challenge of doing the quad Axel. For him, it is probably more important to become the first person in the world to do a quad Axel than to win a third gold medal. If he can do it, it must be a gold medal for him.

— 最後に、北京冬季五輪はどのような戦いになると思いますか? また、羽生選手には何を期待しますか?

シェイ  選手たちはすばらしいショーを繰り広げてくれると思います。それだけは間違いありません。私自身も経験がありますが、五輪というのは“何が起きてもおかしくない特別な舞台”です。試合を見るのが待ちきれません。全ての選手がベストな演技を見せてくれることを願っていますし、ジャッジには良い仕事をしてほしいですね。そしてユヅには、自分自身を誇りに感じることのできる演技をしてほしいと願っています。

Q: Finally, what kind of competition do you think the Beijing Winter Olympics will be like? And what do you expect from Hanyu?

Shae: I'm sure the athletes will deliver great performances. That's for sure. I've been to the Olympics myself and it's a very special place where anything can happen. I can't wait to see the Games. I hope all the competitors will give their best performance and I hope the judges will do a good job. And I hope that Yuzu will give a performance that will make him feel proud of himself.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Guest Mary_kyo

"I hope the judges will do a good job"

Me too, Shae, me too....

brb crying over the emotional story behind Rondo :crybaby:What really sets Yuzu apart from others is him telling stories through his skates. So magical... ofc he has the exceptional technical ability to do that flawlessly too.