Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General Yuzuru Chat

This is part 1 of the General Yuzuru Chat discussion.

Featured Replies

:tumblr_inline_ngf9rqo6FD1qid2nw::angel3-smiley::tumblr_inline_ngf9rqo6FD1qid2nw:

[NEWS]

It is more than amazing it is breathtaking. Follow his feet and listen to the music a match made in heaven!

 

35 minutes ago, Anni said:

 

Yuzu is such a polite person:falling for something:

 

 

And respectful, like all Japanese are and it is anchored in their cultures and here is a "big" baby Yuzu of 27 years old :hehe:  

  

 

and this one, are skaters who admire him and we learn that he is GOD, downright 

 

 

 

To bring a little positivity to this general chat :cheer:

 

Yuzu's three official YT videos from JNats are only 300K views away from hitting 5 million in a span of two weeks:

Fuji SP:   1.60 M

FNN SP: 1.34 M

Fuji FS:   1.76 M

Total:     4.70 M

 

And we haven't even added his videos on Yahoo.jp yet.

19 hours ago, guiltypleasure said:

You just described me as a pre-fanyu.  Just there for the beauty, no favorites.  TBH I miss those days sometimes.  Imagine watching each skater knowing nothing about Federations, judges, tech panels, politics etc... nothing but enjoyment of each athlete's ability on the day of their competition.  :sigh:

 

Anyway, if non-fans are in the seats, they may well become fanyus by the time it's over. 

Sorry that I keep posting about this, but I don't think oversea fans hit the potential issue here. I agree that most normal people will be attracted by Yuzu's performance in the end. But it also need people to have the ability to enjoy his performance, pay attention to his performance, not taking this just as the kind of political task. I told this to my parents, and my father immediatly thought it would be terrible as he  has seen too much in the old days. 

 

It is hard for people to understand without living experience in China, while for players with China background such as Chen and Zhou, they can easily figure out this as their parents has undergone all these before they going abroad.

 

[NEWS]

Some time ago, i showed my partner a selection of videos of Yuzu's skates, starting with 4CC Chopin. He was suitably impressed. He still doesn't feel the need to get up in the middle of the night to watch competitions with me, but he's always interested in seeing the videos afterward. (The two of us live separately -- one benefit of which is that I have the freedom to cheer Yuzu or curse the judges as loudly as I please at 3 am.)

 

This morning I awoke to find a late-night text from him. It said: "I just watched a video of a Yuzu performance. He really is a beautiful specimen of humanity."

 

I texted back: "This makes me ridiculously happy."

:nod2:

 

 

8 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

He really is a beautiful specimen of humanity."

Whenever I make my partner watch Yuzuru skate, he always comments on how beautiful Yuzuru is too!! And my teenager does also! Still, I have not been able to turn them both into FS fans - I have tried very hard!! I even paid for them to come to Helsinki in 2017 with me to watch the men's free, which they loved, but still, no. Where did I go wrong??!! :shrug:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.