General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

Okay a genuine question. Why doesn't Yuzu consider putting the 4A in Rondo instead of FS, or even one in each? Especially after the clownery of the US Nats scoring so far (which will for sure impact on bias of Beijing scoring in Nathan's favor) he really needs some way to overcome this technical scoring gap and unless he starts adding 4Lz or 4F back in I don't know how he's supposed to go about doing that

It's because 4A is not perfectly landed yet. Compared to Yuzu's perfect 4S, 4A<< with two foot landing gives up more than 10 point on the table. Fans are arguing he should give up 4A in FS by adding 4Lo (or maybe 4Lz) to increase the technical score, not adding another 4A in SP to reduce the technical score in SP.

Also if the skater get a low SP score, judges tend to lowball the skater in FS as well because they no longer want the skater to be a (gold) medal contender. If he wants to include 4A in the program, better be FS. 

The new system is a very GOE dominated system. He can win by quality of the jumps, if scored fairly. However if ISU is determined to promote someone else with unfair judging, no one can stop them unless the promoted one has a very bad day. 

2 minutes ago, JanMary said:

It's because 4A is not perfectly landed yet. Compared to Yuzu's perfect 4S, 4A<< with two foot landing gives up more than 10 point on the table. Fans are arguing he should give up 4A in FS by adding 4Lo (or maybe 4Lz) to increase the technical score, not adding another 4A in SP to reduce the technical score in SP.

Also if the skater get a low SP score, judges tend to lowball the skater in FS as well because they no longer want the skater to be a (gold) medal contender. If he wants to include 4A in the program, better be FS. 

The new system is a very GOE dominated system. He can win by quality of the jumps, if scored fairly. However if ISU is determined to promote someone else with unfair judging, no one can stop them unless the promoted one has a very bad day. 

Ah this is something I hadn't considered but makes logical sense. 'if scored fairly,' you say, which is almost certainly not gonna happen I am literally too disillusioned to pretend fair scoring is a thing anymore.

1 hour ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

Okay a genuine question. Why doesn't Yuzu consider putting the 4A in Rondo instead of FS, or even one in each? Especially after the clownery of the US Nats scoring so far (which will for sure impact on bias of Beijing scoring in Nathan's favor) he really needs some way to overcome this technical scoring gap and unless he starts adding 4Lz or 4F back in I don't know how he's supposed to go about doing that

I asked this question before too.. and a fan told me he can't because of rules!!  :/  You can only jump one Axel in SP.. but it's either 2A or 3A!!!!  Unfortunately this fan erased her account so i can't look for her reply!!!  But I'm sure there are ppl here who knows the rules too..and can enlighten us..

19 minutes ago, Orsa2017 said:

I asked this question before too.. and a fan told me he can't because of rules!!  :/  You can only jump one Axel in SP.. but it's either 2A or 3A!!!!  Unfortunately this fan erased her account so i can't look for her reply!!!  But I'm sure there are ppl here who knows the rules too..and can enlighten us..

He can jump 4A, there is no limit on numbers of Axels... The rule only requires to jump one 2A or 3A, but didn't ban 4A. Remember Alysa Liu used to jump 3A3T with 2A in her SP.

10 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

After years of being exposed to this kind of ridiculous hype, overscoring, and propaganda, I've gotten to a point where it doesn't even bother me anymore. I treat it like white noise.

I only focus on Yuzu and his skating and the joy and pleasure I get from watching him. I marvel at how obviously superior his performances are to anyone else. I'm simply grateful that he's still competing, improving, and gifting us with more extraordinary, wonderful programs and performances. Every moment I get to see him on the ice is precious to me. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I wish i can be as strong, it still bothers me. The sport itself is tiring with all the wrong judging. I don’t even want to watch competitions anymore, while i watch yuzu’s programs over and over again instead.

10 時間前, Yuzurellaさんが言いました:

I only focus on Yuzu and his skating and the joy and pleasure I get from watching him. I marvel at how obviously superior his performances are to anyone else. I'm simply grateful that he's still competing, improving, and gifting us with more extraordinary, wonderful programs and performances. Every moment I get to see him on the ice is precious to me. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Me either! I got his fan at Sochi... Now I recall 8 years are so fast! And he surely get matured and sadly, the time when I can see him won't be so long... I really cherish the joy of seeing him.

24 minutes ago, Bilge said:

I wish i can be as strong, it still bothers me. The sport itself is tiring with all the wrong judging. I don’t even want to watch competitions anymore, while i watch yuzu’s programs over and over again instead.

Of course all the unfair and biased judging is exhausting. I used to get angry and frustrated, but I've gotten to a point where I just shake my head and roll my eyes at ridiculous scores and put my focus back on Yuzu and his skating.

Yuzu seems to have renewed his confidence. He's still in the game and he's better than ever. I feel like there is a new calmness about him. He knows what's important to him and what his strengths are. I'm just grateful that I get to watch and accompany him on his journey to achieving even more of his dreams and goals.

I'm trying to send him positive energy and stay positive myself. This whole pandemic situation has been hard on everybody and Yuzu has been a beacon of light for me. So, I choose to focus on Yuzu's light. :wink_star:

Spoiler

I've watched Rondo 20 times today already! This is to firstly see the most beautiful skating on the planet (Earth I mean! not PH!), and also try to get rid of the feelings of upset and injustice that watching the US men's SP left me with....the scoring really winds me up still, I wish it didn't. I wonder how it makes Yuzuru feel?  I hope he also manages to pretty much ignore it like some lucky satellites manage to, but I know he is very sensitive.  I hope his coaching team still help him with this stuff, self doubt must be kept at bay!! I know he is experienced and has real mental resilience....but that won't stop how he initially feels when he sees the US scores imo.  You can't stop being sensitive, you just learn to live with it! Of course such sensitivity has huge advantages in an artistic sport like this, but his sense of justice will be provoked and that can have a negative effect (I suppose it can have a positive effect too, driving him onward), but Yuzuru is also so competitive, he really wants to win and be the best, and this scoring is a way to undermine him, and also the spectators of figure skating who see one thing but are told another by the judges and the commentators.  I tell myself that Yuzuru IS the best and he WILL skate 2 gorgeous exciting beautiful complex story telling programmes at the Olys and the world will be wowed. I believe 100% in Yuzuru, I believe in the ability people watching him have to see his unique talent regardless of whether they are new to the sport or veteran fans .... but I don't have any faith at all in the judging. (sigh - nothing new there then, but I was hoping the wind direction had changed a little...)

Just more ramblings under the spoiler....those elated feelings after JNats are quickly quelled in the face of USNats 

26分钟前, Pammi说:

Just more ramblings under the spoiler....those elated feelings after JNats are quickly quelled in the face of USNats 

Same here, let's just make some room for more rant after Nathan gets 350 at USNats tomorrow. This is what I tell myself. 1. No matter what will happen in Olympics, it will only strengthen instead of hurt his legacy. 2. Though having suffered tremendously both physically and mentally, Yuzu is probably one of the wisest human being I ever know, he can always see things in a dialectical way. He has the ability to turn something bad into good. I have full trust in his wisdom. 3.  He is so beloved and he knows it. Though scores mean a lot, our collective love also mean a lot to him. He is never alone in his journey.  

This month won't be easy for Yuzu and for us. Let's hug each other, pray together and wish Yuzu earn the result he truly deserves. 

…. Yuzuru has been jumping ‘only’ 4S and 4T in SP bcz it’s the safest bet to have clean SPs, while keeping his brand of skating. His most technically advanced version of SPs was LGC with 4Lo//4S3T 3A. None of his outing with LGC cracked 110. The thing is, he could easily go back to this layout, but he would need to sacrifice many of his intricate skating in-between elements to prepare for the jumps. We all know Zu would rather die than do 6 crossovers to get into a jump - dude barely did 6 crossovers for the entire SP!

Idk, for me, this unshakeable determination to deliver complex, detailed, thoughtful  programs, that do justice not only to his training, his coaches, his choreographers, his audience, but also to the sport itself, is quintessentially why I worship the ground Yuzuru walks on,,, or rather, the ice Yuzuru skates on. It’s why he is the true north of figure skating for me, results and scoring me damned.

ETA: I said that, but if you’ve seen me around long enough, you’d know I’d be among the first to bitch about the scoring. Lol! Of course the unfair scoring is frustrating af, but the solution to that is really not for Yuzu to become another jumping machine. It’s also not to ask him to perform a higher miracle than he already does on regular basis (i.e., upgrade tech content *while* keeping his packed transitions).

3 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Idk, for me, this unshakeable determination to deliver complex, detailed, thoughtful  programs, that do justice not only to his training, his coaches, his choreographers, his audience, but also to the sport itself, is quintessentially why I worship the ground Yuzuru walks on,,, or rather, the ice Yuzuru skates on. It’s why he is the true north of figure skating for me, results and scoring me damned.

Oh I feel just the same as you about Yuzuru's skating....I remember saying after GPF19 that I really didn't want Yuzu to change his skating to do 5 quad programmes - none of us want that - I didn't want Nathan-type programmes and skating style leading Yuzu away from his own unique and beautiful style - but maybe I don't feel the same as you with the scores! It hurts, and I wish it didn't, but I don't seem to be able to change that! Even though it makes no difference to us in terms of enjoyment of Yuzuru's skating so much, it makes a difference to the enjoyment of competition! Competitive sport needs to be fair otherwise what's the point? it does seem to make a difference to him too - but maybe he has come to a point now of not seeing the scores as the chief markers of his success, more our love for him and his skating, how much we all want to see him skate, and how worried we are about the r word !! I do hope so.  (But then again, he is saying he goes to win, anything less is pointless....)

I hope so much the gods of everything fair and just in this world act to give Yuzuru the rewards he seeks himself.

8 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

…. Yuzuru has been jumping ‘only’ 4S and 4T in SP bcz it’s the safest bet to have clean SPs, while keeping his brand of skating. His most technically advanced version of SPs was LGC with 4Lo//4S3T 3A. None of his outing with LGC cracked 110. The thing is, he could easily go back to this layout, but he would need to sacrifice many of his intricate skating in-between elements to prepare for the jumps. We all know Zu would rather die than do 6 crossovers to get into a jump - dude barely did 6 crossovers for the entire SP!

ETA: I said that, but if you’ve seen me around long enough, you’d know I’d be among the first to bitch about the scoring. Lol! Of course the unfair scoring is frustrating af, but the solution to that is really not for Yuzu to become another jumping machine. It’s also not to ask him to perform a higher miracle than he already does on regular basis.

Well said! I agree. Yuzu is Yuzu because of who he is and what he does. His skating is far beyond and above anything else any other skater can deliver. He has always stayed true to himself and his desire to create beauty, art, and quality beyond the sheer need to collect points. There is a sincerity about him and his skating that shines even brighter in the midst of all this corruption.

This is one of the things I admire the most above him. I believe this is also one of the reasons why he's so beloved by so many people around the world. People can feel that he performs with all his heart and soul and doesn't just go through the motions. People can see that he delivers the highest quality and creates magic and beauty on the ice.

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Am I the only one who worries about Yuzu’s apparent chronic use of strong painkillers?

Possibly.  I have wondered what exactly it is that he's allowed to use.  Definitely not opioids, or he would fail the drug test and get sent home.  Do they even have them in Japan?  Banned substances are listed on the World Anti Doping Agency website.  Sorry, I still don't know how to embed a link.

Is there a pharmacist satellite out there who can speak to this?