General Yuzuru Chat

I am re-reading for the third or fourth time the English translated version of a historical Japanese novel about Toyotomi Hideyoshi who was a retainer of Oda Nobunaga. He avenged Oda's death brought about by the traitorous action of a faithless retainer Akechi Mitsuhide and went on to fulfill his master's and his own dream of unifying Japan. He had humble beginnings as a disabled samurai's fatherless son and rose to become the undisputed master of Japan. I was reminded of Yuzu when reading the following passage this afternoon. I thought that it was particularly apropos in light of Yuzu challenging Nessie so many times in Osaka.

When Hideyoshi, who had seemed weary from the journey, stood on the tower – his resolute figure outlined against the night sky – he was far more happy than tired. The more dangerous the situation and the deeper his hardships, the happier he became. It was the happiness that arose from surmounting adversities and being able to turn and see them behind him, and he had experienced it to greater and lesser degrees since the time of his youth. He himself claimed that the greatest happiness of life was to stand at the difficult border between success and failure.

But now, as he gazed out over nearby Shizugatake and Mount Oiwa, he looked like a man who was confident of victory.

This question may be more relevant to the General Skating Chat, but at the same time, it is highly unlikely to concern another skater before many, many years.

After 4A sama's birth, will there be special order rules for programs with a 4A? For instance, a skater with a 4A planned in a given program will always skate last of his group, or there will be a resurfacing after his skate if he does jump it?

32 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Together these two can make one hell of a manzai career :grin:

why is  this so funny.. :lol:

Also on the  topic of  his 4A wildin it's true that by showing it in practice w/ news cams he knew there would  be  some footage in different angles and he so would use  that to analyze his forms,  timings, and what not, then take note and do whatever scientific thing to later implement in his practice.. not saying  he hasn't recorded any  of his private practice but I'd assume it's somewhat different. And  yes I think he also would like  to make that  statement to the world.

We shall be patient and hope he'll stay safe and  healthy!

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I am re-reading for the third or fourth time the English translated version of a historical Japanese novel about Toyotomi Hideyoshi who was a retainer of Oda Nobunaga. He avenged Oda's death brought about by the traitorous action of a faithless retainer Akechi Mitsuhide and went on to fulfill his master's and his own dream of unifying Japan. He had humble beginnings as a disabled samurai's orphaned son and rose to become the undisputed master of Japan. I was reminded of Yuzu when reading the following passage this afternoon. I thought that it was particularly apropos in light of Yuzu challenging Nessie so many times in Osaka.

When Hideyoshi, who had seemed weary from the journey, stood on the tower – his resolute figure outlined against the night sky – he was far more happy than tired. The more dangerous the situation and the deeper his hardships, the happier he became. It was the happiness that arose from surmounting adversities and being able to turn and see them behind him, and he had experienced it to greater and lesser degrees since the time of his youth. He himself claimed that the greatest happiness of life was to stand at the difficult border between success and failure.

But now, as he gazed out over nearby Shizugatake and Mount Oiwa, he looked like a man who was confident of victory.

It's almost hard to believe that Yuzu hadn't read this a decade ago and took it to heart.  He has the same spirit.  (Thanks for sharing-)

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

Olympic Seimei is less than 10k from 16M views :biggrin: At the current rate, we will get there before the gala. 

It seems like yesterday that we were closing in on 10M. A few days ago, I tracked down recent milestones. Views have been quite high these past few months :confused0066:

Currently a bit more than 4K views short.  Let's see what we can do to push it over.