General Yuzuru Chat

48 минут назад, Fay сказал:

More Lotte clear file scans, folks. NICE! 

These are old ones (first was just rare). But from other photoshoot in casual clothes I saw new today (those endless archives...)

39 minutes ago, Fay said:

What happens if your random local passerby can’t do that? 
and does that mean aliens will be taking part in that dreadful scramble for tickets? 

Great now we would have to fight against aliens?! They will beat us all with their technology. Plus, they might interfere with his antenna...

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/tokyo-olympics-venues-lined-up-1.5653403?utm_content=buffer0f657&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR3XVk9UgHB69AEX-BeA1TU-84GAaHNFbq0zmHts-AM6I7GpUOz1Souo8m8

"Estimates say the delay will cost $2 billion to $6 billion," with the majority paid by the Japanese taxpayer.

There's a limit to how much that can continue. For example, Montreal finally paid off the 1976 Summer Games in November 2006. It nearly bankrupted the city. That's not something that should be repeated.

20 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/tokyo-olympics-venues-lined-up-1.5653403?utm_content=buffer0f657&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR3XVk9UgHB69AEX-BeA1TU-84GAaHNFbq0zmHts-AM6I7GpUOz1Souo8m8

"Estimates say the delay will cost $2 billion to $6 billion," with the majority paid by the Japanese taxpayer.

There's a limit to how much that can continue. For example, Montreal finally paid off the 1976 Summer Games in November 2006. It nearly bankrupted the city. That's not something that should be repeated.

That's ridiculous and hugely unsustainable, environmentally and financially. I think as the number of possible Winter Olympics venues gets smaller and smaller in the next few decades due to global warming, they will need to change something soon. They're already having a hard time finding countries/cities to want to host the Olympics; that number is only going to shrink as countries become unable to, or don't feel they gain much from it, anymore.

2 hours ago, Vadrouille said:

So today we learn that maybe the Summer Olympics in Tokyo in July 2021 risks to be cancelled, next year, because the situation of Covid-19 is not getting better. If so, maybe the Winter Olympics in Beijing in February 2022 risks to be cancelled too, or at least many countries can not send a delegation . What does that mean is that many of the current senior skaters like Yuzuru, Nathan Chen etc...can not go to Beijing in 2022, unless they continue to compete for another 4 years until the next Olympics in 2026.

For me, not seeing Yuzuru skate in future competitions is very sad, but on the other hand, I think I don't want to see him being underscored by ISU judges again, to see them giving candies to Nathan Chen, to insure Nathan win by 50 points over Yuzuru.

At least for Nathan, it will be harder to win Olympics Gold medal in 2026, let alone to win two consecutive Olympic Gold medal in 2026 and 2030  like Yuzuru.

If so, I am OK with that. The American media will stop saying that Nathan beat Yuzuru with over 50 points.

It will be sad for Nathan if he doesn't get the chance to challenge for the gold again over something like this. It'll be sad for Jason to miss out on trying to make the team to go to the Olympics again. Sui/Han will miss the opportunity to be top of the field at their home games. Boyang will miss the opportunity to skate at his home games too, and it's not like he's out of contention for a spot on the podium if he skates well. I think the ice dancers are a bit safer - ice dancers seem to improve with age. Or, rather, they at least get to continue at that level as they get older because they aren't jumping. It'll be sad for lots of the ladies skaters too - the 3A, Rika, Alysa Liu. I think Rika might be the one who has more longevity but who knows what kinds of jumps 15-year-olds will be capable of by 2026. I would love to see Yuzuru skate at the Olympics again, and I wouldn't be happier than to see him get a 3rd OGM and his 4A. 

I can't really imagine China letting go of the Olympics. I guess it could happen, but I think there's too much opportunity for PR and to boost a political and national image for China for them to just not have the Olympics again. Especially after Covid. Or at least to give the illusion it's after Covid. I know it's up to the IOC to make decisions about this, but I don't for a second think that countries like China, Russia, and the USA don't throw their weight around and pull strings regarding the decisions. 

Maybe there will be some stand-in events from different sports. Like, maybe ISU will have an extra event if the Olympics don't go ahead. Around the same time, different place (maybe a former Olympic venue), special medals, a once-off championship that you will never be challenged for, and that we understand in our sport to have stood in for the Olympics. Same qualifying criteria, etc. It wouldn't be nearly the same or nearly make up for it, but it might at least allow for skaters who are at their best in their careers at that point to not entirely miss out. Tara Lipinski peaked for 5 minutes at the right time. The Olympics were a year too late for Patrick Chan (although maybe if they'd been  in 2013, Denis Ten would have won the gold). Sochi was right on time for Yuzu (although he has since proven that wasn't even his peak - we're still climbing to that summit).

It would almost be a consolation event, but it might be better than nothing. 

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Not a bad idea. Get those aliens indoctrinated early.

7 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I thought with Yuzu (already) being an otherworldly creature (not of this earth) he has been already known among the aliens already, guess we still have to do the work :xD:

7 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Great now we would have to fight against aliens?! They will beat us all with their technology. Plus, they might interfere with his antenna...

The aliens are already indoctrinated. As @Figure_Frenzy has pointed out, Yuzu is an alien and as such is no doubt famous amongst other extraterrestrials. This probably accounts for the increased sightings of UFOs during competitions in which Yuzu is participating.

There are probably gazillions of extraterrestrial Fanyus and they all gather in groups clapping in time with their multiple hands, fins or other appendages as they telepathically watch Yuzu perform. I can just see Paul, the alien from the movie of the same name, kicking back with a beer and a joint cheering our boy on.

Don’t worry @Hydroblade, earthlings won’t have to compete with the alien Fanyus for tickets because they can telepathically watch Yuzu perform. And don’t be concerned about them interfering with Yuzu’s antenna. Why do you think Yuzu has an antenna to start with?

32 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh s***. 

Excuse me while I go cry again over the cancellation of Worlds. Basically this means there's no chance to see him live until Stockholm Worlds unless you live in Japan. 

Unless a miracle* occurs. 

Now I'm upset. I was optimistic until this. 

*I.e. he goes to a GP in November that's possible to get to and get tickets for