Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Nice thought but I don't think he'd want to win that way...

He already won, nothing that happens in the future has anything to do with his win....

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

He already won, nothing that happens in the future has anything to do with his win....

You know what I mean. He'd want to beat everyone for a third time fair and square. 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You know what I mean. He'd want to beat everyone for a third time fair and square. 

Idk if we know yet if he actually wants to go to Beijing. It does seem like it but it's possible he himself doesn't know for sure. It's not something he needs to do, and even Yuzu knows that -- he's already the :goat:

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Idk if we know yet if he actually wants to go to Beijing. It does seem like it but it's possible he himself doesn't know for sure. It's not something he needs to do, and it seems even Yuzu knows that. 

Yeah I think it’s possible even he himself doesn’t know the answer to that yet too. So many unknowns with regards to the future now, it’s hard to speculate anything...

Although I often wonder - If Yuzu lands a clean 4A in competition before Beijing, will he decide he’s satisfied and retire immediately, or will he be like “since the Olympics are coming and I have a clean 4A why not try to land it in the Olympics?”

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Idk if we know yet if he actually wants to go to Beijing. It does seem like it but it's possible he himself doesn't know for sure. It's not something he needs to do, and even Yuzu knows that -- he's already the :goat:

All I know for sure is that if he does go to Beijing, he'd go with the intent to win decisively, and that any sort of default win owing to competition being cancelled wouldn't be his first choice. 

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Same one! They were both Rostelecom '18. 

The carp: if you go back to the original tweet (below), and open up the thread and scroll down, you should see a picture of it. I tried finding video, but right now there's only shaky fancams of COR '18 that I can find. 

https://twitter.com/runrun8383/status/1283015754913247233?s=20

Now I really want a huge stuffed carp.:embSwan:it's funny how you never know what you're missing in life until you see it (just like discovering yuzu)

Sportstv from Turkey :goat:

Low-key wishing for more followers on Twitter...:rolleyes:

Join us again this Saturday!!!  :winky:

1 hour ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Join us again this Saturday!!!  :winky:

I can’t wait!!! :loveshower:I had such a great time last Saturday. Thank you for organising another one 💕 And the giveaways look awesome. Me want :jumpingyellow:

1 час назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

Thank you!

Do you think this gift was meant as a pun between carp and love in Japanese, to wish him love?

If you google koi symbolism there's much more to it. It can be wish of luck, happiness, symbol of strength. It's also a symbol of Children's day (or more like boy's day) in Japan. I'm not an expert, so don't want to copy/paste wiki or other articles, but it's quite interesting.

14 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ugh. So many unknowns and variables for this situation... without getting into the politics of it, let me just say that I wonder about what Beijing 2022 will look like. China also needs to be in control of the virus in order to host. 

Either way, if both Tokyo and Beijing get cancelled, it might be the end for the Olympics as we know it. I hope not.

Or we could just have a dream, impractical solution: Tokyo 2022 Winter Games 

3 hours ago, memae said:

Or we could just have a dream, impractical solution: Tokyo 2022 Winter Games 

I think Japanese citizens would have a stroke if they had to go through 2 Olympics in 1 year, having to deal with all the tourists I mean :whiteflag:

Speaking to some of them last year while I was there, you could already see most of them were dreading the Olympics 2020.

1 minute ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I think Japanese citizens would have a stroke if they had to go through 2 Olympics in 1 year, having to deal with all the tourists I mean :whiteflag:

Speaking to some of them last year while I was there, you could already see most of them were dreading the Olympics 2020.

I mean let's just scrap the summer stuff and combine them in the worst, most unfair compromise ever. 

I was, of course, very much joking about it and all but I do think, the way things are at the moment - politically and socially - I wouldn't be surprised if some countries or individual athletes boycott the Beijing games if they go ahead. I think they're bound to be controversial - maybe because they don't happen at all, maybe because they do happen but people have things to say and stances to make about it.  (This is just based on my observations of current sentiment in media as well as what I hear from others from day to day - I'm not trying to make any political comment about China here).