Jump to content
Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

 

well to be precise, Yuzu's last performance of lgc was in 2017faoi

In competition, though, WTT was it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news:

I finally edited a version of Haruyo Koi with no commentary, clap or other noises. You can watch it on YouTube everywhere except Japan (it's the same with Hope & Legacy). Here it is:

 

 

 

Bad news:

I tried to edit a clap-free version of Requiem as well, but sadly it's not possible with my material. I found three different recordings of the piano piece, but none of them matches Yuzu's skating at all. They are either too fast or too slow or whatever... I tried to adjust speed and rhythm so that it fits the skating, but the sound gets so high-pitched or dissonant that it hurts my ears and not even the mixer or equalizer can help:13877886:

 

If anyone has access to the exact recording that Yuzu used in the 15/16 season and is free to share it... I would be so happy :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much! Pure beauty!

 

Spoiler

Afterwards Youtube recommended me your edition of part of Let's Go Crazy on Hit the Road! Jack music; in spite of my wish not to watch LGC before tomorrow because of all what had been said I watched it and (without bad pun) it was a "hit". And Ray Charles estate seeming less picky than Prince's, it should remain online.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Thank you so much! Pure beauty!

 

  Hide contents

Afterwards Youtube recommended me your edition of part of Let's Go Crazy on Hit the Road! Jack music; in spite of my wish not to watch LGC before tomorrow because of all what had been said I watched it and (without bad pun) it was a "hit". And Ray Charles estate seeming less picky than Prince's, it should remain online.

 

 

I think, I've never told the background story of this "Hit the road, Jack" overlay, right?

 

In the 2017 off-season there was a huge deletion wave on YouTube that hit Yuzu's LGC videos in the first place. You could barely find footage, only with muted or completely distorted audio. So I thought, it would be nice to upload an enjoyable version of his GPF performance that won't have any copyright issues. But I had no idea, how to do it.

 

Mom was joking that I should pick a different music piece that is not on YouTube's blacklist (so yeah, she was the trigger of this fun edit actually) :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I tried out different audio tracks from my own library (mostly pop/rock songs) and then I stumbled across 'Hit the road, Jack' and randomly put the audio and the video together...

 

I totally lost it when I realised how perfectly Yuzu sings along with Ray Charles and even his nod was right on the note  :LOL:

 

So yeah. The result was: I could not NOT upload this gem on YouTube :embSwan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

 

I think, I've never told the background story of this "Hit the road, Jack" overlay, right?

 

In the 2017 off-season there was a huge deletion wave on YouTube that hit Yuzu's LGC videos in the first place. You could barely find footage, only with muted or completely distorted audio. So I thought, it would be nice to upload an enjoyable version of his GPF performance that won't have any copyright issues. But I had no idea, how to do it.

 

Mom was joking that I should pick a different music piece that is not on YouTube's blacklist (so yeah, she was the trigger of this fun edit actually) :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I tried out different audio tracks from my own library (mostly pop/rock songs) and then I stumbled across 'Hit the road, Jack' and randomly put the audio and the video together...

 

I totally lost it when I realised how perfectly Yuzu sings along with Ray Charles and even his nod was right on the note  :LOL:

 

So yeah. The result was: I could not NOT upload this gem on YouTube :embSwan:

for once youtube copyrights hysteria was welcome,it's a great edit really!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Veveco said:

In today's episode of "ToshI, the fanyu" :10636614:

 

 

Aw, ToshI! :softYuzu:(why'm I crying?)...

 

"I'm only good at doing my best"....:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The good news:

I finally edited a version of Haruyo Koi with no commentary, clap or other noises. You can watch it on YouTube everywhere except Japan (it's the same with Hope & Legacy). Here it is:

 

 

 

 

Ah, that does my heart good....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu's dedication and attention to detail is unmatched. :nod2:

His, or his mother's? She used to make him bottle "shirts", matching his programs too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

His, or his mother's? She used to make him bottle "shirts", matching his programs too.

I always miss these whenever I look at his plain bottles. But these soakers are on a different level! Mama Hanyu is so talented. Such beautiful Easter eggs :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu's dedication and attention to detail is unmatched. :nod2:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

I always miss these whenever I look at his plain bottles. But these soakers are on a different level! Mama Hanyu is so talented. Such beautiful Easter eggs :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

 

Can't beat the Saitama organizing committee matching the Kiss and Cry to Haru yo Koi, though. That was truly another level. 

 

Now I wish I could make a Yuzu-matching K&C... would love to do one for Origin 2.0...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The good news:

I finally edited a version of Haruyo Koi with no commentary, clap or other noises. You can watch it on YouTube everywhere except Japan (it's the same with Hope & Legacy). Here it is:

 

 

 

Bad news:

I tried to edit a clap-free version of Requiem as well, but sadly it's not possible with my material. I found three different recordings of the piano piece, but none of them matches Yuzu's skating at all. They are either too fast or too slow or whatever... I tried to adjust speed and rhythm so that it fits the skating, but the sound gets so high-pitched or dissonant that it hurts my ears and not even the mixer or equalizer can help:13877886:

 

If anyone has access to the exact recording that Yuzu used in the 15/16 season and is free to share it... I would be so happy :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

Henni,

So beautiful! I think Yuzuru himself would love to watch your videos! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The good news:

I finally edited a version of Haruyo Koi with no commentary, clap or other noises. You can watch it on YouTube everywhere except Japan (it's the same with Hope & Legacy). Here it is:

 

 

 

Bad news:

I tried to edit a clap-free version of Requiem as well, but sadly it's not possible with my material. I found three different recordings of the piano piece, but none of them matches Yuzu's skating at all. They are either too fast or too slow or whatever... I tried to adjust speed and rhythm so that it fits the skating, but the sound gets so high-pitched or dissonant that it hurts my ears and not even the mixer or equalizer can help:13877886:

 

If anyone has access to the exact recording that Yuzu used in the 15/16 season and is free to share it... I would be so happy :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

Thank you :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...