Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

well to be precise, Yuzu's last performance of lgc was in 2017faoi

In competition, though, WTT was it. 

The good news:

I finally edited a version of Haruyo Koi with no commentary, clap or other noises. You can watch it on YouTube everywhere except Japan (it's the same with Hope & Legacy). Here it is:

Bad news:

I tried to edit a clap-free version of Requiem as well, but sadly it's not possible with my material. I found three different recordings of the piano piece, but none of them matches Yuzu's skating at all. They are either too fast or too slow or whatever... I tried to adjust speed and rhythm so that it fits the skating, but the sound gets so high-pitched or dissonant that it hurts my ears and not even the mixer or equalizer can help:13877886:

If anyone has access to the exact recording that Yuzu used in the 15/16 season and is free to share it... I would be so happy :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

Thank you so much! Pure beauty!

Spoiler

Afterwards Youtube recommended me your edition of part of Let's Go Crazy on Hit the Road! Jack music; in spite of my wish not to watch LGC before tomorrow because of all what had been said I watched it and (without bad pun) it was a "hit". And Ray Charles estate seeming less picky than Prince's, it should remain online.

55 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Thank you so much! Pure beauty!

Hide contents

Afterwards Youtube recommended me your edition of part of Let's Go Crazy on Hit the Road! Jack music; in spite of my wish not to watch LGC before tomorrow because of all what had been said I watched it and (without bad pun) it was a "hit". And Ray Charles estate seeming less picky than Prince's, it should remain online.

I think, I've never told the background story of this "Hit the road, Jack" overlay, right?

In the 2017 off-season there was a huge deletion wave on YouTube that hit Yuzu's LGC videos in the first place. You could barely find footage, only with muted or completely distorted audio. So I thought, it would be nice to upload an enjoyable version of his GPF performance that won't have any copyright issues. But I had no idea, how to do it.

Mom was joking that I should pick a different music piece that is not on YouTube's blacklist (so yeah, she was the trigger of this fun edit actually) :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I tried out different audio tracks from my own library (mostly pop/rock songs) and then I stumbled across 'Hit the road, Jack' and randomly put the audio and the video together...

I totally lost it when I realised how perfectly Yuzu sings along with Ray Charles and even his nod was right on the note  :LOL:

So yeah. The result was: I could not NOT upload this gem on YouTube :embSwan:

50 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I think, I've never told the background story of this "Hit the road, Jack" overlay, right?

In the 2017 off-season there was a huge deletion wave on YouTube that hit Yuzu's LGC videos in the first place. You could barely find footage, only with muted or completely distorted audio. So I thought, it would be nice to upload an enjoyable version of his GPF performance that won't have any copyright issues. But I had no idea, how to do it.

Mom was joking that I should pick a different music piece that is not on YouTube's blacklist (so yeah, she was the trigger of this fun edit actually) :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I tried out different audio tracks from my own library (mostly pop/rock songs) and then I stumbled across 'Hit the road, Jack' and randomly put the audio and the video together...

I totally lost it when I realised how perfectly Yuzu sings along with Ray Charles and even his nod was right on the note  :LOL:

So yeah. The result was: I could not NOT upload this gem on YouTube :embSwan:

for once youtube copyrights hysteria was welcome,it's a great edit really!!

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

In today's episode of "ToshI, the fanyu" :10636614:

Aw, ToshI! :softYuzu:(why'm I crying?)...

"I'm only good at doing my best"....:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The good news:

I finally edited a version of Haruyo Koi with no commentary, clap or other noises. You can watch it on YouTube everywhere except Japan (it's the same with Hope & Legacy). Here it is:

Ah, that does my heart good....

1 minute ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu's dedication and attention to detail is unmatched. :nod2:

His, or his mother's? She used to make him bottle "shirts", matching his programs too.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

His, or his mother's? She used to make him bottle "shirts", matching his programs too.

I always miss these whenever I look at his plain bottles. But these soakers are on a different level! Mama Hanyu is so talented. Such beautiful Easter eggs :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu's dedication and attention to detail is unmatched. :nod2:

43 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

I always miss these whenever I look at his plain bottles. But these soakers are on a different level! Mama Hanyu is so talented. Such beautiful Easter eggs :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

Can't beat the Saitama organizing committee matching the Kiss and Cry to Haru yo Koi, though. That was truly another level. 

Now I wish I could make a Yuzu-matching K&C... would love to do one for Origin 2.0...

16 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The good news:

Bad news:

I tried to edit a clap-free version of Requiem as well, but sadly it's not possible with my material. I found three different recordings of the piano piece, but none of them matches Yuzu's skating at all. They are either too fast or too slow or whatever... I tried to adjust speed and rhythm so that it fits the skating, but the sound gets so high-pitched or dissonant that it hurts my ears and not even the mixer or equalizer can help:13877886:

If anyone has access to the exact recording that Yuzu used in the 15/16 season and is free to share it... I would be so happy :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

Henni,

So beautiful! I think Yuzuru himself would love to watch your videos! 

17 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The good news:

Bad news:

Thank you :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: