General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, yuzuthebest said:

As if he was waiting for me, standing there with his cheerful

smile.:8232307:

Thank you for your translation! You solved my doubts about this part. So I'll repeat it again. If I was in that situation I would die!! :D he's so nice and thoughtful 💖

I feel happy that Ogi mama was able to meet him like that, I think I can understand those feelings, another heart for Yuzu's collection!!

omg the Nobu clips are so cute, he's such a pure fanboy. How surreal must it be to see like.... a shrine basically dedicated to your good friend though (then again, Nobu is a public figure himself so I guess he must be used to it) :laughing:

Don't have time to attempt a proper translation but quick points I could catch:

• I think Yuzu went to the shrine himself and prayed to become the top in the world
  • Basically ALL the ema at the shrine (most of them) were from Yuzu's fans and Nobu was surprised/awed by this
  • Nobu was wondering where to put his ema and then tied it next to an ema with Yuzu's face but was feeling apologetic because his ema half-covered Yuzu's face so switched it around
  • The fan he bumped into was like 'I'm here to see...Yuzuru-sama's ema' lolol she was so adorable and overwhelmed. Nobu asked her what she likes about Yuzu and she was like 'I love everything about him, he's incredible in every way' and when Nobu said he was going to see Yuzu very soon, he asked her if there's anything she'd like to pass on and she said 'thank you very much' and that Yuzu gives her hope in life (? actually maybe that isn't the best translation of 生きる希望)

Is there a translation of Yuzu's interview from the latest Quadruple Plus magazine? Came across a tweet from today saying it's a 'spicy' one and now I'm curious whether I missed its translation, if it's one of the many I've read already or if it hasn't been translated at all yet.

Edit: Actually, is this the same Quadruple magazine where we had that amazing Shoma and Keiji 'bombs' interview or is it another one? Edit 2: They're actually different magazines. The Yuzu interview is from Quadruple 2017 Plus, that one was from Quadruple Extra. 

On 6/21/2017 at 1:05 AM, obscurite said:

Some scans by me! Some of them turned out a bit wonky because of the magazine spine :(

Aaawwwww, thank you! His smile during IB is so sweet :smiley-love017:

On 6/21/2017 at 6:20 AM, Dara said:

According to it open practice is scheduled for early August indeed.

OK, so the off-season will be not as long as I thought...

On 6/21/2017 at 8:05 AM, ralucutzagy said:

Yes, but now we have something to hold on to and talk about endless.... FS revealing ...

Awesome news! I thought we should wait until mid September. Well, we can't be completely sure about FS revealing but if it is not this what else it can be? And then we'll have about two months to speculate about the costume :laughing:.

Yuzu's ability to remember his previous encounters amazes me, he meets so many different people yet he remembers such details like matching neckties...

Fujisawa Norimasa also wrote in his blog today that he talked with Yuzu at FaOI backstage, and Yuzu recalled some tv show from 2011 (!) when Fujisawa performed in Sendai "Ode to Joy".

On 6/21/2017 at 3:32 AM, MrPudding said:

I don't speak Japanese but I'm pretty sure Nobu was surprised because there was so much ema for Yuzu :rofl:

could someone translate it properly :snonegai:

What would you consider a "proper translation"? 

On 6/21/2017 at 8:22 AM, kaerb said:

Don't have time to attempt a proper translation but quick points I could catch:

• I think Yuzu went to the shrine himself and prayed to become the top in the world
  • Basically ALL the ema at the shrine (most of them) were from Yuzu's fans and Nobu was surprised/awed by this
  • Nobu was wondering where to put his ema and then tied it next to an ema with Yuzu's face but was feeling apologetic because his ema half-covered Yuzu's face so switched it around
  • The fan he bumped into was like 'I'm here to see...Yuzuru-sama's ema' lolol she was so adorable and overwhelmed. Nobu asked her what she likes about Yuzu and she was like 'I love everything about him, he's incredible in every way' and when Nobu said he was going to see Yuzu very soon, he asked her if there's anything she'd like to pass on and she said 'thank you very much' and that Yuzu gives her hope in life (? actually maybe that isn't the best translation of 生きる希望)

Adding these bits:

• All the ema he wrote prior to Sochi and the ones on his visit prior to this latest one have been burned--presumably together with all the other ema collected throughout the year--at year-end bonfires (this visit Oda made must've been before Hanyu's earlier this month)
  • Oda's ema says, ”May I become the owner of a huge chunk of land."  (Dunno if it's literal or a reference to something else. If it's literal, it's a good wish. ^^) Ganbare, Nobu-kun~!

Hope these are good enough, @MrPudding. ^__^

Q: Does anybody know who the blind vocalist + pianist at the Kobe & Niigata venues is? He's crazy talented. Wanna check him out on youtube. 

On 6/21/2017 at 10:07 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

What would you consider a "proper translation"? 

Adding these bits:

• All the ema he wrote prior to Sochi and the one on his visit prior to this latest one have been burned together with the other ema collected throughout the year at year-end bonfires (this visit Oda made must've been before Hanyu's earlier this month)
  • Oda's ema says, ”May I become the owner of a huge chunk of land."  (Dunno if it's literal or a reference to something else. If it's literal, it's a good wish. ^^) Ganbare, Nobu-kun~!

Hope these are good enough, MrPudding. ^__^

Q: Does anybody know who the blind vocalist + pianist at the Kobe & Niigata venues is? He's crazy talented. Wanna check him out on youtube. 

I was actually wondering what Nobu wrote because the MC were laughing. This really helped me a lot :thankyou:

On 6/21/2017 at 9:58 AM, Dara said:

Yuzu's ability to remember his previous encounters amazes me, he meets so many different people yet he remembers such details like matching neckties...

Fujisawa Norimasa also wrote in his blog today that he talked with Yuzu at FaOI backstage, and Yuzu recalled some tv show from 2011 (!) when Fujisawa performed in Sendai "Ode to Joy".

I think this is what endears him to a lot of people (us included) ... not just his memory but amazing attention to details plus a sweet/kind disposition (always thinking about how the other person feels). I don't think I can ever remember what someone wore (let alone a necktie!) from last week let alone years. I think anyone who interacts with him, he makes them feel special and you can see it from how most people just gush over him.

My favourite anecdote will still be Sashida Fumiya drunk texting Yuzu on Line. "For example, once when he was drunk, he sent some nonsensical messages on Line to Yuzu, like “wey……….”.   And Yuzu replied, “PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!!!”  (Or “Get a grip on yourself!!”)" Translated by Yuzusorbet.