General Yuzuru Chat

Q: This time, Coach Orser was not here, but what did you and Tracy talk about and how did you face the competition? It’s rare for Coach Orser not to be there.

Y: Yes, it is. Sometimes Brian wasn’t there for competitions like the Finlandia Trophy, but it had been a while, so I was slightly nervous during the short, and my rhythm fell apart. But Tracy is like a mother to me, and Ghislain is like a father to me, so I was able to challenge the competition with something like a sense of ease. Of course, it might’ve been a different sense of ease than when Brian is here, but I was able to really control myself. I can do my jumps because there are people standing at my side - that’s the kind of sense of ease I had. I’m thankful to them. I’m counting on them for next season too!

Mama Tracy and Papa Ghislain :embSwan:

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

...the lutz and flip...

...the lutz and flip...

...the lutz and flip...

...and flip...

...flip...

:sadPooh:

So maybe he was indeed trying to jump 4F at the WTT gala practice. I think everyone believed that was just people confusing 4Lz tries with 4F tries. It's natural, with Yuzu's flip edge being just barely on the inside. :laughing:

Hmm as I thought Quadruple doesn't have exclusive interview, they only use what he said for group of journalists in competition.

Nothing new (for me at least, I read 95% of this before).

Flip part comes from WTT. There were fans who managed to see last part of pre-gala practice on Saturday.

I checked my notes from reports and it went like that:

1Lz

1Lz

1Lz

4Lz fall, probably <

1Lz

1Lz

4Lz ot <= this was the one we saw

4Lz hd, almost fall

1F

1F (from 3-turns)

1F (from mohawk)

Just Yuzu having fun Yuzu ways *shrugs*

3 minutes ago, Dara said:

Hmm as I thought Quadruple doesn't have exclusive interview, they only use what he said for group of journalists in competition.

Nothing new (for me at least, I read 95% of this before).

Flip part comes from WTT. There were fans who managed to see last part of pre-gala practice on Saturday.

Yeah, the WTT stuff was pretty much something I'd read before in other articles, but I don't think I'd read some of the stuff he said in the post-Worlds part of the interview yet. 

12 minutes ago, xeyra said:

He knows and sees a lot. 

I love how he acknowledges Jason and Patrick here.

Edit: I didn't originally think his Javi mention was a 'diss', just a fact that happened, but Twitter has been having some fun about that and I am kind of giggling. Sorry, Javi, ilu.

After last year Worlds (? I think, not sure) Yuzu said something like "There were people who went clean like Javi, who made mistakes like me, and who crashed boards like Patrick" :space:

Nothing personal, just facts :kitty:

2 minutes ago, Dara said:

After last year Worlds (? I think, not sure) Yuzu said something like "There were people who went clean like Javi, who made mistakes like me, and who crashed boards like Patrick" :space:

Nothing personal, just facts :kitty:

of course, facts are facts, we all know how Patrick and boards are the best friends :winky:

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Yeah, the WTT stuff was pretty much something I'd read before in other articles, but I don't think I'd read some of the stuff he said in the post-Worlds part of the interview yet. 

Now when you say this... I read it from scan of WFS magazine. Probably this wasn't translated into English? 

1 minute ago, Dara said:

Now when you say this... I read it from scan of WFS magazine. Probably this wasn't translated into English? 

It's quite possible there's stuff untranslated that I and others haven't read that may be old news to fans who know Japanese. Or it was translated and I missed it. :laughing: Not sure about WFS; to be honest, I get confused about where each interview came from because there's so many FS magazines with Yuzu stuff. 

26 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

Yuzu I love u but 4F is a big NO  , ok dear :snonegai:

why not?! this is happy news for me :happydance:

Q: Do you feel that you want to inherit his spirit?

Y: I don’t feel that way. Since I am myself. 

lol, these interviews are so abstract :14066882:

but i'm so happy, this couldn't be a better interview. :heart: he sounds so positive and confident and analytical and i trust him.

Just now, xeyra said:

It's quite possible there's stuff untranslated that I and others haven't read that may be old news to fans who know Japanese. Or it was translated and I missed it. :laughing: Not sure about WFS; to be honest, I get confused about where each interview came from because there's so many FS magazines with Yuzu stuff. 

I agree, it's hard to keep up with all magazines! But not so many of them have exclusive interviews with Yuzu. WFS and Quadruple nowadays don't...

That issue of WFS I mentioned also had Tracy's interview, I think I saw that one in English.

Just now, Dara said:

I agree, it's hard to keep up with all magazines! But not so many of them have exclusive interviews with Yuzu. WFS and Quadruple nowadays don't...

That issue of WFS I mentioned also had Tracy's interview, I think I saw that one in English.

If that's the same magazine as Tracy's interview, then I think only her interview got translated at the time. I'm not sure if @gladi was working on Yuzu's too, since she did Tracy's. 

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

why not?! this is happy news for me :happydance:

Flip is Yuzuru nemesis so well ... And for me just at the look of his 4Lz you know that the 4F will be weaker, but with him we never know ,  if he can have 4F with the same quality as the 4Lz we saw from him then >  :bow: