General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, shanshani said:

I have all of the grand prix from last season + ACI, Lombardia, and Ondrej Nepala, and ACI and Lombardia from this year. So basically I need to rest of the senior Bs from last year as well as 4CC, Euros, and Worlds. I've changed the format of the competition sheet significantly from the last iteration of this project because I had major problems with how it handled judging from competitions where the the judging panel changed between the SP and FS, not to mention there was simply too much data to input so it was a nightmare from a workload perspective. Plus there were theoretical issues about comparability between different disciplines. So it's revised and simpler this go around.

If you're interested, the template is here and a filled out example is here. Basically all you need to do is write down the list of skaters, their nationality code, the judges, their nationality code, and then the score each judge gave each skater (easiest to do this from skatingscores.com). Separate sheet for each segment of the competition.

I don't mind tackling Worlds.  Can I just go ahead and create my own files following the template or do you need to send me things? 

Warning: it won't be fast. 

Just read Edges of Glory's interview with Ted Barton. Did you know he was instrumental in creating IJS? I wonder how he feels when he sees that system getting misused for bias despite all the efforts to try and make it fair? 

10 hours ago, shanshani said:

I have all of the grand prix from last season + ACI, Lombardia, and Ondrej Nepala, and ACI and Lombardia from this year. So basically I need to rest of the senior Bs from last year as well as 4CC, Euros, and Worlds. I've changed the format of the competition sheet significantly from the last iteration of this project because I had major problems with how it handled judging from competitions where the the judging panel changed between the SP and FS, not to mention there was simply too much data to input so it was a nightmare from a workload perspective. Plus there were theoretical issues about comparability between different disciplines. So it's revised and simpler this go around.

If you're interested, the template is here and a filled out example is here. Basically all you need to do is write down the list of skaters, their nationality code, the judges, their nationality code, and then the score each judge gave each skater (easiest to do this from skatingscores.com). Separate sheet for each segment of the competition.

I can start working on Euros.

27 minutes ago, Pepipanda said:

I can do 4CC! I went, so it may be a little extra fun to re-live it by entering the data. To avoid potential issues with SkatingScores, I am happy to do this working from the ISU protocol sheets. It might take a bit, but I'll get it done.

Amusingly, it was in trying to reply to this post that I realized that I'd never made an account on here...

17 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't mind tackling Worlds.  Can I just go ahead and create my own files following the template or do you need to send me things? 

Warning: it won't be fast. 

Just read Edges of Glory's interview with Ted Barton. Did you know he was instrumental in creating IJS? I wonder how he feels when he sees that system getting misused for bias despite all the efforts to try and make it fair? 

4 minutes ago, river said:

I can start working on Euros.

I've added everyone to the working thread. Thanks for volunteering!

I'm honestly amazed at how much support his sponsors give him. I'm not just talking about financial support but how they are able to 'get' the essence of Yuzu.

Reminds me of the ANA newspaper ad post Boston. I'm not familiar with sponsorships with athletes / celebrities and whatnots but Yuzu's sponsors seem to have more than just a business aspect to them. Perhaps the effect of limiting the number of brands he promotes or it's just the Yuzu effect that he has.

3 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

A bit OT, but not so much.

This thread is funny! ISU made a big mistake with this post. Beware ISU, now skating fans are coming! :rofl2:

Like, really what are they thinking, asking this stupid questions at this time? I am not a big fan of stating my own opinion on sns, but I am probably going to spend my first likes and comments on this thread... ISU neads new glasses, like yesterday. :banginghead:

either they live under a rock or simply they are too busy inside their high-class swiss HQ....let me post here the very 1st answer they got,don't who this person is but well done to them

2 hours ago, Pepipanda said:

I can do 4CC! I went, so it may be a little extra fun to re-live it by entering the data. To avoid potential issues with SkatingScores, I am happy to do this working from the ISU protocol sheets. It might take a bit, but I'll get it done.

Amusingly, it was in trying to reply to this post that I realized that I'd never made an account on here...

Delurked by the power of salt...welcome here !:wave:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

I'm honestly amazed at how much support his sponsors give him. I'm not just talking about financial support but how they are able to 'get' the essence of Yuzu.

Reminds me of the ANA newspaper ad post Boston. I'm not familiar with sponsorships with athletes / celebrities and whatnots but Yuzu's sponsors seem to have more than just a business aspect to them. Perhaps the effect of limiting the number of brands he promotes or it's just the Yuzu effect that he has.

I don't know if something belonging to Asian media but i've never seen anything like this before,usually is a pretty business like relationship ,still it's very nice he gets this kind of support too.

23 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I think much of it is because Yuzu is never a prima donna.  When he is engaged in making commercials for them he seems the essence of cooperation, at least as far a I've been able to discern watching those vids where he is seen making the ads.  He's the same way when being interviewed.  He has what I might term 'a laid-back intensity'.  He seems relaxed but he's giving 100%.  That is a huge part of his mystique.  And it is unique to him.  It can't be imitated, as much as others might want  to try.  I think on the basis of that prospective sponsors are lined up hoping to sign him up.  Getting Yuzu to sponsor your product, though, is about as difficult as getting a ticket to see Yuzu on ice.

On 2019/9/19 at 午後6時19分, Lunnaさんが言いました:

Many fans think there are some messages for his fans in this part of the interview.

He said something to the effect that “During competitions, also at hotels, I’m grateful of my fans for letting me focus on my performances.” One fan aptly pointed out this is exactly like the “thank you for keeping our bathrooms clean” sign which is common in public bathrooms in Japan.

He also said, “There was some loud cheering when I wasn't even doing anything to the point where I was worried that it might disturb other skaters.” I saw some old fans tweet that an increasing number of fans cheer loudly for Yuzu even during other skaters run throughs.

Yuzu never criticizes his fans, but he seems to suggest some things in a very roundabout way. I sometimes wish he told his fans directly, but I guess it’s not his style. Personally, I just don’t want Yuzu to be disturbed or worry about unnecessary things during competitions.

Edit: Corrected some typos.

4 hours ago, Lily* said:

Many fans think there are some messages for his fans in this part of the interview.

He said something to the effect that “During competitions, also at hotels, I’m grateful of my fans for letting me focus on my performances.” One fan aptly pointed out this is exactly like the “thank you for keeping our bathrooms clean” sign which is common in public bathrooms in Japan.

He also said, “There was some loud cheering when I was even doing anything to the point where I was worried that it might disturb other skaters.” I saw some old fans tweet that an increasing number of fans cheer loudly for Yuzu even during other skaters run throughs.

Yuzu never criticizes his fans, but he seems to suggest some things in a very roundabout way. I sometimes wish he told his fans directly, but I guess it’s not his style. Personally, I just don’t want Yuzu to be disturbed or worry about unnecessary things during competitions.

didn't he hush some people last year after his K&C at ACI?so yeah it could be a message.....although sometimes I imagine it's hard not to do that because of course there's an amotional involvement.

What I really found wrong was fans throwing gifts  at ACI knowing perfectly well they couldn't ,that was really rude to me.