General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Except that weird hairdo in that Samurai movie.

That made him look cutely nerdy, I thought. 

5 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Well, considering how much he sweats during his performances, his hairdo has to be waterproof.:pouty:

Jump- and spin- proof, as well. 

4 hours ago, Anki said:

As for superstitions,  Yuzu himself might be even more superstitious than us :P(he admitted is so - for example he refuses to eat triangle shapped onigiri because it reminds him of number three). But at the same he leaves nothing to chance by doing everything he can. As he said in his recent interview, he did everything he could for the Olympics and the rest is up to fate. And since he did everything, he sees no reason he can't win. As there is always the saying, fate favours the prepared:yes:

Well, at any rate, it's not luck that gives him the win. It's putting in more hard work than anyone else does. 

Years ago I read an article about athlete superstitions and the role they play in sports psychology. To sum it up, most athletes' rituals and superstitions become a part of their preparation, like a kind of image training. So they do help the athlete, but not because of supernatural forces - it's because they play a role in getting the athlete into a winning mindset. 

We all know that Yuzu is meticulous about the whole image he creates on the ice, and hair is a part of that. So if he is superstitious about his hair, we can safely guess that what he's most likely to be superstitious about is that it looks right for the performance of the program and fits with the program's image, along with the costume. And in that sense, every hairstyle he wears is a winning hairstyle because they all match his chosen image for each song so nicely. 

I was always under the impression that the hairspray abuse was before the medal ceremony, not before the competition itself... and I always thought his hair looked awfully cow-licked at the medal ceremony then. (It was dark in the venue and for the competition, I think it only got dark right before the skaters went on the ice, and he definitely wouldn't waste precious focus/mad karaoke time on spraying his hair and fooling around with Kikuchi-san...)

17 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I was always under the impression that the hairspray abuse was before the medal ceremony, not before the competition itself... and I always thought his hair looked awfully cow-licked at the medal ceremony then. (It was dark in the venue and for the competition, I think it only got dark right before the skaters went on the ice, and he definitely wouldn't waste precious focus/mad karaoke time on spraying his hair and fooling around with Kikuchi-san...)

Cow-licked ! :68468287: Yep, it was before 2017 Rostelecom Cup medal ceremony! 

Tbh, I like him with any hairstyle even the samurai hair doesn't bother me at all! lol He would look great for me even with a trashbag on his head! lol I'm a biased Fanyu, sue me!!! hahaha

13 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Cow-licked ! :68468287: Yep, it was before 2017 Rostelecom Cup medal ceremony! 

Tbh, I like him with any hairstyle even the samurai hair doesn't bother me at all! lol He would look great for me even with a trashbag on his head! lol I'm a biased Fanyu, sue me!!! hahaha

Same, I'm taking Yuzu at all forms including the Dono hair but it might be my cactus brain speaking now I saw fresh yuzu on the fruit stands today and I bought it without thinking can someone guide me how to survive blackhole?

If Yuzu does a Adam Rippon hair, will it look good? 

2 hours ago, faeline said:

Same, I'm taking Yuzu at all forms including the Dono hair but it might be my cactus brain speaking now I saw fresh yuzu on the fruit stands today and I bought it without thinking can someone guide me how to survive blackhole?

I always thought Dono hair is the real test of whether an actor is truly handsome, or whether he had been relying on hairstyle, make up and styling all this time.  And in my mind Yuzu passed the test pretty well. I have watched many Japanese period dramas before, and Yuzu is on the better side of pulling that hair style off

Speaking of Dono hair... I was curious...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6799894/

Turns out that Yuzu has an IMDB entry!!

But the bio is...

Spoiler

Yuzuru Hanyu was born on December 7, 1994 in Sendai, Japan. He is a director and actor, known for The Magnificent Nine (2016), Continues with Wings 2018 (2018) and PyeongChang 2018: XXIII Olympic Winter Games (2018).

director and actor  :english1:

9 minutes ago, faeline said:

But the bio is...

Hide contents

Yuzuru Hanyu was born on December 7, 1994 in Sendai, Japan. He is a director and actor, known for The Magnificent Nine (2016), Continues with Wings 2018 (2018) and PyeongChang 2018: XXIII Olympic Winter Games (2018).

director and actor  :english1:

Well, he did direct and produce Continue with Wings 2018 and starred in PyeongChang 2018: XXIII Olympic Winter Games, along his sidekick Pooh-san, who did a masterful job playing a strawberry shortcake tissue box! They were robbed at the Oscars! :sorrow:

PS: I'm not sure you've all noticed, but we're nearing 5000 pages! 11 pages to go...

15 minutes ago, faeline said:

But the bio is...

Reveal hidden contents

I stumbled across that IMDB page a couple of months ago and chuckled at it too. 

8 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Well, he did direct and produce Continue with Wings 2018 and starred in PyeongChang 2018: XXIII Olympic Winter Games, along his sidekick Pooh-san, who did a masterful job playing a strawberry shortcake tissue box! They were robbed at the Oscars! :sorrow:

PS: I'm not sure you've all noticed, but we're nearing 5000 pages! 11 pages to go...

We admins and moderators will hit it today, most likely. 

19 minutes ago, Fay said:

We admins and moderators will hit it today, most likely. 

I did wonder if you had hit it already :)

In a way I'm glad... Speaking of superstition, 4 is considered unlucky in Japanese culture (AFAIR), so moving on to 5 before the new season maybe will be a good sign for Yuzu as well! :snonegai:

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I did wonder if you had hit it already :)

In a way I'm glad... Speaking of superstition, 4 is considered unlucky in Japanese culture (AFAIR), so moving on to 5 before the new season maybe will be a good sign for Yuzu as well! :snonegai:

"4" is considered unlucky by almost all Asians, not just Japan. I think you may have uncovered the source of why "4CC" is the most cursed competition in figure skating for singles :confused0066: since you know, singles participants are predominantly..Asian , including ones living in North America   (I am joking here of course). 

1 hour ago, freyaminnie said:

Japanese Olympic Commitee release LINE sticker for olympics athleth with Nao-san and Shoma but without Yuzu. How is that even possible?  :1:

I think it is for JOC Olympic symbol athletes only, Shoma was among them and Yuzuru wasn't so there can't be stickers (as for the reason or who is a symbol, we discussed that but I don't remember ops)

(Also, @freyaminnie I've sent you a pm re:Turin)

28 minutes ago, Anki said:

"4" is considered unlucky by almost all Asians, not just Japan. I think you may have uncovered the source of why "4CC" is the most cursed competition in figure skating for singles :confused0066: since you know, singles participants are predominantly..Asian , including ones living in North America   (I am joking here of course). 

:knc_yuzu1:

:68468287:

5 hours ago, faeline said:

If Yuzu does a Adam Rippon hair, will it look good? 

Fresh yuzu isn't even available here! :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

I think yuzu (the fruit) is generally not well known in Europe? I didn't even know this fruit exists before becoming a fan of Yuzu (the unikittycorn). :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I have to admit the black hole actually makes me focus on my work. No more convenient excuses. I already managed to do a considerable chunk of work since FaOI was over. I hope to get some more serious work done before the season starts. :smiley-happy085:

I guess Yuzu with Adam Rippon hair wouldn't look bad. But it wouldn't be one of the most flattering looks he could get. One of the super powers of Yuzu is that the boy really knows what suits him and what doesn't. :pouty: