General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

It's because Rafael knows that his words won't make any difference, he's just making fun of this circus lol. The media will keep pushing the narrative that Nathan won because he's the "quad king" even though his FS BV was only 4 points higher than Yuzu. And brainwashed viewers will keep believing it, along with the idea that he improved enough to get +90 PCs... I mean, even some Yuzu fans are saying that Chen deserved to win... If even fanyus can't see this farce then what makes you think that patriotic, biased Nathan fans will suddenly change their mind after Raf's interview...

BTW: 

This. I have been feeling iffy about this since forever. Why can we freely have debate about placements and medals for, say the ladies field; but when it comes to men suddenly we're tip toeing.

Being polite and being objective are not mutually exclusive. You can disagree with the score AND the medals, when the score is the thing that directly affect placements and in some case, change them altogether. I don't understand the need to excuse ourselves and set our arguments up for frivolity when in reality we can just be straightforward without offending anyone, because we're not making anything up.

35 minutes ago, micaelis said:

To all those who have wished me a happy birthday I thank you very much.  Despite my physical weakness my mental faculties remain as sharp as ever and I can honestly say that is the one part of me that I most fear of failing.  I want to thank the forum as a whole also for providing me a place where I can exercise both my writing talents and my intellectual skills.  I try to  make my posts here as articulate and thoughtful as possible and the forum gives me an opportunity to come to know, as far as it is possible in a venue like this, a group of people who give me a means to reach out and communicate with others about topics that I share with them.  That is far different from working in isolation on the novel I've been doing or listening to classical music (A nearly lifelong passion.  I ended up with a PhD in English but I started as a music major).  The internet is my link to the world outside my room and the Planet has given me my most valuable link to a body of living, breathing people.

It’s late but I still want to wish you a happy birthday <3 In the middle of this hard time for fanyus, I hope we can give each other strength, and I wish you the best of health and mind. It’s incredible we have this connection, though small, but all thanks to a brilliant out of this world skater. We have moments that share the same feelings and thoughts, and with that I feel like I know you more. Thoughts are a bit mingled by emotions right now so I don’t know if I made sense hahaha. But in conclusion, have a very happy birthday :grouphug:

Can we start a cheer up project for Yuzu? I know he must get a lot of these encouraging messages but I do want to somehow make it impactful this time to get a message accross that he already is the greatest skater of all time. or like come up with a gold medal for Saitama for him. A pair of earphones or something? or like a third olympic gold medal. I'm not good at organizing a project but I would love to help out with as much as I can. Anyone interested in this idea? Not sure what exactly we can do but if anyone has suggestions please jump in!

8 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Can we start a cheer up project for Yuzu? I know he must get a lot of these encouraging messages but I do want to somehow make it impactful this time to get a message accross that he already is the greatest skater of all time. or like come up with a gold medal for Saitama for him. A pair of earphones or something? I'm not good at organizing a project but I would love to help out with as much as I can. Anyone interested in this idea? Not sure what exactly we can do but if anyone has suggestions please jump in!

I have seen some fandoms come together and made a trophy out of real gold to make it up for their artist in a similar situation to Yuzu. I’d love if we can also do something collective and symbolic like that too.

1 minute ago, VyVy99 said:

I have seen some fandoms come together and made a trophy out of real gold to make it up for their artist in a similar situation to Yuzu. I’d love if we can also do something collective and symbolic like that too.

I would love for Yuzu to once get a gold medal with little sakura flowers pattern made of red gold... (just saying...) 

8 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Thats the kind of project I want to do. We should do a real gold medal with the wors Greatest figure skater of all time. put beijing olympic 2022 on it and have Yuzuru Hanyu from Japan. 

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

Thats the kind of project I want to do. We should do a real gold medal with the wors Greatest figure skater of all time. put beijing olympic 2022 on it and have Yuzuru Hanyu from Japan. 

I would be so happy if we, the fans are able to give him a gold medal of our own, heavier than any gold medal there is... :13877886:

I would support a project, but lets not get a reference to next olys in it..nothing that might be misunderstood as expectation for Beijing. With all the pressure he is already under....something more generally supportive or simply grateful for the things he has done or wishes for health I would like better.

4 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

I would be so happy if we, the fans are able to give him a gold medal of our own, heavier than any gold medal there is... :13877886:

Do you think it means more if we put meaning into his silver medals or give him a gold medal to compensate for him? Either way I really want to make this a reality. I need him to feel we are all behind him and not just us from people who mean something to the sport but that might be a bit hard. and I dont think everyone thinks the same as we do

I think it’s a good idea to give him something, but what do you think about a frame with a medal inside , and a paper with the explanation what the medal is for and with speeches why we love him and encouraging phrases in the back 

9 minutes ago, raebia said:

I would support a project, but lets not get a reference to next olys in it..nothing that might be misunderstood as expectation for Beijing. With all the pressure he is already under....something more generally supportive or simply grateful for the things he has done or wishes for health I would like better.

2 minutes ago, Sabrina said:

I think it’s a good idea to give him something, but what do you think about a frame with a medal inside , and a paper with the explanation what the medal is for and with speeches why we love him and encouraging phrases in the back 

Thats fine if we dont have the olympic ref. Maybe a medal and a plaque?

Then some messages along the lines of:

"Every medal is beautiful and meaningful to us.

Every medal displays your strength to be above the sport.

Every medal is a step toward your next happiness."