General Yuzuru Chat

For those who have not been following the activity at the Japanese Nationals, probably because Yuzu isn't there, the results after the short program are very intriguing.  At the top, with a commanding lead, is Shoma.  Expected.  In second, not expected but certainly not beyond belief, is Daisuke.  If you see things as I see them, things at Worlds this year could be very interesting if you have the first time ever Daisuke , Shoma and Yuzu are face to face in a competition.  That, of course, is subject to who JSF sends to Worlds, but with the competition being held in Japan the sending of those three would guarantee standing room only in the men's events and TV ratings that go through the roof.

2 minutes ago, micaelis said:

For those who have not been following the activity at the Japanese Nationals, probably because Yuzu isn't there, the results after the short program are very intriguing.  At the top, with a commanding lead, is Shoma.  Expected.  In second, not expected but certainly not beyond belief, is Daisuke.  If you see things as I see them, things at Worlds this year could be very interesting if you have the first time ever Daisuke , Shoma and Yuzu are face to face in a competition.  That, of course, is subject to who JSF sends to Worlds, but with the competition being held in Japan the sending of those three would guarantee standing room only in the men's events and TV ratings that go through the roof.

Yes if those three would go to worlds the ratings would for sure go through the roof but at first dai has to go to an international competition or he can not go to worlds but we will see what happens

4 minutes ago, micaelis said:

But in order for Dai to go to World's, he'd have to meet the minimum qualifying TES, which he doesn't have right now. Which would mean he,'d have to go to 4CC with a revamped program to get it.

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But in order for Dai to go to World's, he'd have to meet the minimum qualifying TES, which he doesn't have right now. Which would mean he,'d have to go to 4CC with a revamped program to get it.

OT

To go to 4CC he also need a minimum TES. So no, Daisuke won't go to Worlds, unless he surprise everyone by going to some small comp in January, and that's very unlikely. Also it's very unlikely JSF would assign a skater who doesn't have minimum TES at the moment.

2 minutes ago, airi said:

OT

To go to 4CC he also need a minimum TES. So no, Daisuke won't go to Worlds, unless he surprise everyone by going to some small comp in January, and that's very unlikely. Also it's very unlikely JSF would assign a skater who doesn't have minimum TES at the moment.

I think this was Dai’s farewell in Japan and I’m glad he got the opportunity.  I think not having the spotlight, Shoma did well too so win-win.  If you watched JNats- banners for DISK were crazy.

He can’t compete internationally based on TES unless he has at least one consistent quad IMO. 

Spoiler

I know this is unrealistic and in the past but bear with me.

In my own naive way, I wish he would have passed the torch to Yuzu.  Possibly stopped the rumored booing at 2012 nationals, gave him a hug, said more positive things in public about him after he won at Sochi so his fans were more accepting. Then again- takes two to tango and I certainly don’t know details - but talking about fighting fandoms after 2 OGMs seems nuts.

4 hours ago, Maleko said:

I approve it :68468287:

wXKHlyF.jpg

SOURCE

I believe a certain planet that has a giant ice rink  and also a forest that produces yellow coloured bears endlessly and not to mention a special arrangement with the gravity to allow someone to take a position in an angle that nowhere else is allowing. The name of the planet, you've guessed it, is Planet Hanyu.

So many Yuzuru's performances are erased from Youtube. I can't believe SBS copyright thing because it's too wierd and not affecting Kim Yuna's videos on YT. Nothing is announced officially. On Twitter, ISU was asked why they're deleting videos but they replied, " I don't know what you're talking about."

Years ago, when Vocaloid became popular, fans uploaded translated videos. Suddenly, hundred of channnels were deleted by fake copyright holder. So they sent counter notification. Their channels were back and community was saved. They used nicknames and didn't have to write precise or real address. It wasn't that hard. Please Google " Counter Notification Requirements Youtube " if you want to try.

4 hours ago, Seorose said:

So many Yuzuru's performances are erased from Youtube. I can't believe SBS copyright thing because it's too wierd and not affecting Kim Yuna's videos on YT. Nothing is announced officially. On Twitter, ISU was asked why they're deleting videos but they replied, " I don't know what you're talking about."

Years ago, when Vocaloid became popular, fans uploaded translated videos. Suddenly, hundred of channnels were deleted by fake copyright holder. So they sent counter notification. Their channels were back and community was saved. They used nicknames and didn't have to write precise or real address. It wasn't that hard. Please Google " Counter Notification Requirements Youtube " if you want to try.

I grabbed as many of them as I could from Alatariel Nerwen's playlist at the end of November, but the first grab I accidentally limited the quality to 360 or 480 - I did a second grab earlier this week - the list had shrunk by nearly a hundred vids - 460 to 377, and even that was really 350 because of deleted vids. :sadPooh:

I don't know when I'll have time to sort through the files to get them back into a chronological list, though. But I have them. It's actually the newer ones that are the hardest to get.