General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, liha said:

What power do I have, if anyone jinxed it it was Max :sadPooh:

eta: top of page 400 with quality content, nice

Max, why you do this :sadPooh:

OT: I also made quality content twice in Random Thought Theather talking about bugs and gross stuff:headdesk:

14 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Sorry, I didn't remember correctly which version was which!

In the broadcast version he was late, so actually he landed 3T when the Chord had already played. I think he tried to hurry the 3T when he realized he was a tiny-bit late but his landing on the 4T wasn't perfect, so he lost time. 

The clean version is pretty well synched, it's just a different synch than the one from day 1, which we got a snipped of. 

This is the dailymotion video of day 1, now that I see it, he actually does the arm movement together with the landing. The difference in timing is subtle, but it's there, and I prefer this one because BOTH landings AND takeoffs are on accented piano chords, so it's just perfection for me. 

I love this version too, but I think I prefer the Day 3 one BECAUSE of the way he snaps his arms down. Either way, I think in all three versions, he timed the jump well enough (maybe not day 2 as much, especially because I don't think the combo was as technically well landed as the other two versions).

Edit: OMG, we're now debating the preferences over the milisecond differences in timing in different versions of the combo. What are we doing? :facepalm:

I think much everyone here (not so sure in other fan contexts) would prefer two completely new programs to the recycling of Chopin for the third time, either because it's what we hoped for artistically from Yuzu, and/or because we're worrywarts about the reception by the judges of a repeat (well, with some changes) version of a WR program. And all of us here would probably NOT want him to recycle TWO programs, so let's have a prayer circle now. :grouphug:

7 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I love this version too, but I think I prefer the Day 3 one BECAUSE of the way he snaps his arms down. Either way, I think in all three versions, he timed the jump well enough (maybe not day 2 as much, especially because I don't think the combo was as technically well landed as the other two versions).

Edit: OMG, we're now debating the preferences over the milisecond differences in timing in different versions of the combo. What are we doing? :facepalm:

Reminds me of the GoT fandom :P

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

The beauty of having our own forum!! 

and I agree with you on this! the arm movement had much more impact on day 3.

I'm not sure if I'm making sense here... Since a combo is kind of a decrescendo (with the first jump being a quad, the last one being a less impressive triple) the landing of a 3T doesn't completely justify falling on the last chord of a crescendo? The arm movement fills it much better imo

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

I think much everyone here (not so sure in other fan contexts) would prefer two completely new programs to the recycling of Chopin for the third time, either because it's what we hoped for artistically from Yuzu, and/or because we're worrywarts about the reception by the judges of a repeat (well, with some changes) version of a WR program. And all of us here would probably NOT want him to recycle TWO programs, so let's have a prayer circle now. :grouphug:

Amen, sister! Seriously half the interwebs will rip him to shreds if he double recycles. 

6 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Haha, baby Yuzu doing his homework :BeatingHeart::1977538: Cute!

I'm confused about that 3Lz-2T score. Was it weighed at 1 like the 3A back then, for a +2 GOE to mean +2 on the scoring?

9 minutes ago, beki said:

Amen, sister! Seriously half the interwebs will rip him to shreds if he double recycles. 

The only way I could see a recycling of Seimei working is if it was technically a completely different program (music and choreography), so that it fit a theme of sorts, but even then he's done the Japanese warlock thing and his FS is where I expect him NOT to recycle and to show new music, so I'm hoping for something completely different. 

14 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Haha, baby Yuzu doing his homework :BeatingHeart::1977538: Cute!

Oh my God, so cute, I might die :Poohgaveup:

I like how he knows where he can and cannot get GOE. Since he was very little, he was aware of what jumps he could do well and what jumps he had to work on. He's come a long way.