General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

This is totally off topic, but rewatching the FaOI finale again, Yuzuru is literally the center of attention.  Do you guys believe that if Yuzu r****s, he would still be the "star"?  Cause no one from team Japan currently can command a crowd like he does.  (Its like how if Mao is in an ice show she would be the star even though she is r****d)

Well... I don't see any other skater nowadays possessing the same charisma he has. The crowd claps more and cheers louder whenever he shows up. So I believe he will keep the :0001: status for a lot of years to come. 

hace 13 minutos , Syless Jinx said:

This is totally off topic, but rewatching the FaOI finale again, Yuzuru is literally the center of attention.  Do you guys believe that if Yuzu r****s, he would still be the "star"?  Cause no one from team Japan currently can command a crowd like he does.  (Its like how if Mao is in an ice show she would be the star even though she is r****d)

Well, Plushenko is r*****d now and he still is a star, right? Star quality has little or nothing to do with competition results or r****t.

Also, look at Jason Brown or Misha Ge, they may not have great results at competions but audience still loves them probably more then some champions. 

And Yuzuru commands the audience like no one else right now. I am sure he will get even better. 

I have just had a thought...When someone is planning or just hints r******t after Olympics, judges will treat them differently? Of course it is well known that many r**** after OG, but to announce it before is another thing. What do you think?    

8 minutes ago, Floria said:

I have just had a thought...When someone is planning or just hints r******t after Olympics, judges will treat them differently? Of course it is well known that many r**** after OG, but to announce it before is another thing. What do you think?    

Then the only people who would be getting full marks from the judges in the Top 6 would be Boyang and Shoma because everyone else has hinted or talked at some point at r***ng after 2018. 

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Then the only people who would be getting full marks from the judges in the Top 6 would be Boyang and Shoma because everyone else has hinted or talked at some point at r***ng after 2018. 

what about Nathan?

hace 3 minutos , xeyra said:

Yes, you are right. I just wonder if it can influence somehow the scores. Or probably judges don't think about this at all :laughing:

9 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

what about Nathan?

As Floria said, he's mentioned before that if he wins OGM he's not sure if he r****s for full time studying (medicine) or if he continues competing. Anyway, it's nothing set in stone, but neither is Patrick, Javi or Yuzu r***ng after 2018 just because they mentioned the possibility some years ago.