General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hey, I said I wasn't sure! I didn't think someone would quote me! :13877886:

Anyway, you all heard it too. :peekapooh:

13 hours ago, kaerb said:

snort. this was a whole confusion this morning and a lot of unnecessary emo tears were shed because @SparkleSalad unleashed chaos : P (but the cutest kind).

Here's the clip: 

This was hysterical 😆😂

30 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Sadistic expression🙃 

Hmm... I wonder what it says about me that I think this is possibly the most beautiful he's ever looked in my eyes :1:

4 hours ago, Sammie said:

And I wish there was more info on this... I know he's done some anti-bullying stuff, but I didn't know he's had first hand experience with it...

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Hmm... I wonder what it says about me that I think this is possibly the most beautiful he's ever looked in my eyes :1:

And I wish there was more info on this... I know he's done some anti-bullying stuff, but I didn't know he's had first hand experience with it...

I remember reading somewhere that he was bullied by fellow rink members but I don’t know anything about school bullying :judgmental:

10 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I remember reading somewhere that he was bullied by fellow rink members but I don’t know anything about school bullying :judgmental:

I've got the impression (but I don't remember my sources so forgive me if I'm wrong) that he received a lot of attention at school because he started succeeding at competitions at a very early age, and probably some of that attention was negative. I don't think there was any systematic bullying, but some people might have made fun of him or talked behind his back just because he was doing so well in figure skating. School-age kids can be so harsh, I think any kid who achieves some kind of "celebrity" will always have people who try to mock them for it. But I think most of the attention Yuzu received for his skating at school was probably positive.

5 hours ago, Sammie said:

I’m going to give a rough translation here so please bear with me ! ( dragged my Chinese husband to translate word by word to get a sense of the text )

the most important part is that Yuzuru tried to protect and stand up for another student who got bullied at school and insisted doing that all the way till the end and got a strong sense of justice. His teacher also mentioned  in middle schoolbecause of his scheduled practice ( sometimes up to 4 am in a the morning ) he had to study on borrowed notes from classmates ( Yuzu even though very tired but always had a friendly smile with others ) but still got top scores in class !. And text kept mentioning about Yuzu’s smile on the podium is always the best smile )

The purple text:

This is Yuzu’s verbatim:

He said he himself had unhappy and lonely memories at school because of busy skating schedule so less spent time with other students but now he could speak in front of an audience and that made him happy ( maybe with his achievements...) he mentioned that each person is entitled with his own preference ( somebody like potatoes, others like tomatoes...) . However because we live , eat ,learn ,and play together ,he hoped that we could all live happily . ( he probably tried to promote tolerance and kindness). Lastly he said “ I will support you from far away . Work hard !”

please don't kill me. :10814716:

1 minute ago, ruruzest said:

I’m going to give a rough translation here so please bear with me ! ( dragged my Chinese husband to translate word by word to get a sense of the text )

the most important part is that Yuzuru tried to protect and stand up for another student who got bullied at school and insisted doing that all the way till the end and got a strong sense of justice. His teacher also mentioned  in middle schoolbecause of his scheduled practice ( sometimes up to 4 am in a the morning ) he had to study on borrowed notes from classmates ( Yuzu even though very tired but always had a friendly smile with others ) but still got top scores in class !. And text kept mentioning about Yuzu’s smile on the podium is always the best smile )

The purple text:

This is Yuzu’s verbatim:

He said he himself had unhappy and lonely memories at school because of busy skating schedule so less spent time with other students but now he could speak in front of an audience and that made him happy ( maybe with his achievements...) he mentioned that each person is entitled with his own preference ( somebody like potatoes, others like tomatoes...) . However because we live , eat ,learn ,and play together ,he hoped that we could all live happily . ( he probably tried to promote tolerance and kindness). Lastly he said “ I will support you from far away . Work hard !”

Good job :dancingpooh: 

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I don't think I've ever heard this before... I do know in Asaichi, Tsuzuki-sensei said he argued with older boys at the rink, but I didn't get the impression that was bullying...

53 minutes ago, glilikoi said:

I've got the impression (but I don't remember my sources so forgive me if I'm wrong) that he received a lot of attention at school because he started succeeding at competitions at a very early age, and probably some of that attention was negative. I don't think there was any systematic bullying, but some people might have made fun of him or talked behind his back just because he was doing so well in figure skating. School-age kids can be so harsh, I think any kid who achieves some kind of "celebrity" will always have people who try to mock them for it. But I think most of the attention Yuzu received for his skating at school was probably positive.

In most footage we've seen from his school days, his classmates seem to like him... and in highschool he was in a sports class, so especially then, the others probably understood... But who knows? Appearances can be deceiving...

15 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

The purple text:

This is Yuzu’s verbatim:

Thank you for translating! Now I naturally wonder about the source for this lol

Just now, KatjaThera said:

I don't think I've ever heard this before... I do know in Asaichi, Tsuzuki-sensei said he argued with older boys at the rink, but I didn't get the impression that was bullying...

I guess bullying is the wrong term then. IIRC he was made fun of by the older boys for saying something. 

2 hours ago, Anzi said:

Sadistic expression🙃 

You think so? I've watched this interview on YouTube (someone did Engsub for it - aoyuzu maybe?) and this expression comes right where he starts listening to the pianist start playing. Later in the music, he breaks out in sweat, and when she's done playing, he apologized for sweating, saying that because of his image training, his heart rate automatically goes up when he hears the music ( something like that. I think the phrase he used was 'get excited' but it looked he was talking strictly about physical reaction. ) 

So this looks like his concentration face to me.