General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Erin said:

Who is she and what did she say about Yuzu? :thanks: 

Taking a crack at it while expecting to be wrong but from the gist of it is that she finds his strong expression and the use of his knees is very informative. And more than anything since there is a flowing story involved in figure skating, she'll learn from studying composition and flow.  

Not swearing by this but that's what I sort of gathered.  

4 hours ago, Erin said:

Who is she and what did she say about Yuzu? :thanks: 

3 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

Taking a crack at it while expecting to be wrong but from the gist of it is that she finds his strong expression and the use of his knees is very informative. And more than anything since there is a flowing story involved in figure skating, she'll learn from studying composition and flow.  

Not swearing by this but that's what I sort of gathered.  

Just to add few things. Her name is Kiyou Shimizu and she is a karate champion of karate kata (空手型=karate form). Karate kata is like a karate performance. There are two people competing against each other but they don't fight but instead they perform karate moves. It has a theme and they show various karate kata and moves according to the theme they choose. What she is referring in the video is that she studies Yuzu's skating to learn especially the use of his knees to get ideas that can be used in her karate performance. That is why she said figure skating tells story in the movements, composition and flow.  Karate kata performance also has  a theme or a story that they express through their movements.

ETA: The news is picked because Karate competitions at the Tokyo olympics 2020. I think they are hoping Ms Shimizu will bring an olympic medal at the games like Yuzu.

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Has Yuzuru ever released clues of his programs before the actual reveal? I'm kinda going crazy here :headdesk:

Well not directly no, just that some of us have been really good at reading signs-or guessing.

You know we joke about our hair falling out....if Yuzu announced his programs like other skaters, before media day, and give clear hints here and there, our hair will fall out before the start of the season because we won't view it as normal course of action for him, and suspect something is majorly off. So maybe he's saving our hair?

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well not directly no, just that some of us have been really good at reading signs-or guessing.

You know we joke about our hair falling out....if Yuzu announced his programs like other skaters, before media day, and give clear hints here and there, our hair will fall out before the start of the season because we won't view it as normal course of action for him, and suspect something is majorly off. So maybe he's saving our hair?

Pardon my French, but too bloody little too late! I barely have hair to lose now.