General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, raebia said:

You know, I thought he had changed.

He was so happy and carefree after the Olympics, he was not kuyashii, I had the impression a weight had been lifted from his shoulders that had been there since 2012, when I first saw him compete. 

I donˋ t. know. I was wrong.

Or not?

I did not imagine it psychological possible that someone who was this happy after Olympics would want or could go into competition mode so soon, even without an injured ankle.

Strange times...

or it is me...who ever knows what goes on in his mind?:laughing:

I think what has changed is the reason why he competes. Until now, a big part of why he wanted to win and felt like he had to win was for the people who supported him and, personally, I think it was also out of his survivor's guilt. He was given the chance to continue doing what he loved, so he couldn't do it half-heartedly.

From now on, though, he will do it for himself.

But the him that hates losing and loves competing, that was there since he was a kid. In fact, he might be getting back the pure joy of competing, without as much pressure to win. If so, actually Worlds could be a good start to practice that philosophy...

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

:smiley-laughing021:

It's funnier if you consider that yesterday was election day and currently there is NO Italian government to ban Yuzuru from crossing the borders :rofl: You might want to ask northern Italy fanyus - including Max and Angelo. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Oooh no! Guys I've got it! It's probably not privates who are betting so much, but maybe corporations that want to use it as publicity?? do charity to get notoriety?? Idk

idk how it is in Japan, but in Europe it's quite common for corporations to bid on athletes' gear in order to get a shoutout and maybe be featured in some news, so usually the highest bid is always from a company/corporation...

32 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think what has changed is the reason why he competes. Until now, a big part of why he wanted to win and felt like he had to win was for the people who supported him and, personally, I think it was also out of his survivor's guilt. He was given the chance to continue doing what he loved, so he couldn't do it half-heartedly.

From now on, though, he will do it for himself.

But the him that hates losing and loves competing, that was there since he was a kid. In fact, he might be getting back the pure joy of competing, without as much pressure to win. If so, actually Worlds could be a good start to practice that philosophy...

If at worlds or later, it will be fascinating to watch this new skating with this philospphy. I completely agree about the survivours guilt, and I hope he will be skating free from it from now on:).

Hanyu-no-strings to reunite... My father was so strict that he leaked a smile (themselves)-Yahoo! News https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20180306-00010002-jisin-ent … @YahooNewsTopics

what google translate says.. I need better translation :smiley-laughing021: