General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie fan <3 I've known about Yuzu for a while but never paid him any attention (shame on me). Going into the Olympics he was the only name that I recognized. Coming out of it, I have fallen hard. I've decided to try out figure skating as a hobby and seeing Yuzu in the flesh is on my bucket list. I've had a really hard time containing my feels these past two weeks so I decided to make a fan video. I figured it would be nice to share with you guys <3 (apologies for the quality- this is my first time editing a video!)

A little bit about myself: I'm a med student so I'm pretty curious about the specific injury Yuzu has. I'm also semi-competent in Japanese- certainly not fluent, but I can get the gist of interviews/dramas/shows. I'm also going to Japan and Europe at the end of this year so I'm praying there will be a chance to see Yuzu <3  Nice meeting you all!

Welcome to  the  fandom :)  Oh   the the  thrill   of  discovering  him!!  Have you already  gone  through  the  stage of  sleepless  nights   , watching every  video  you can  possibly  find, trying  to  catch up  with every  bit  of  his  glorious  rise ??   

3 hours ago, Lilona said:

Translation of initial tweet: Mysteries of civilization: why Misha Ge is such an unbelievable  gold and how we deserved him.

Misha's answer: Noone is perfect, but there is always something on what I need to work to improve myself. Many support me and I try to do opposite (actually I think he made a mistake in Russian and meaning was: and I try to return it back)

He absolutely  did  a mistake. It  left  me  puzzled  for   a  while. But I  guess  what  he  means  here  is doing   good  /his  best  in return to  those  who  support him . Smth  like  this

How do y'all survive content wise during the off-season? 

When it comes to figure skating I'm super into it during the season then WC passes and it's kind of done. I fall out of it then late September/early October comes around and my brain just goes "WOOP GRAND PRIX SERIES!" :LOL:

8 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

When it comes to figure skating I'm super into it during the season then WC passes and it's kind of done. I fall out of it then late September/early October comes around and my brain just goes "WOOP GRAND PRIX SERIES!" :LOL:

I only got into fs last year and only went through one dry cactus season. I felt like we lived off of his white T-shirt photoshoots for quite awhile. 

:13877886:

13 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

We stick around here making each other go crazy with speculations about Yuzu‘s music choice/layouts/costume choice and then come the ice shows and we curse photographers and TV channels for withholding kitten Yuzu from us. Did I miss anything?

This is the second full season I've followed and while I technically went through a dry cactus season, my mind just kind of moved on to other things, and then as I said, October came around and I remember fs is in season and I dive right back in. I feel that the hype that I built up for the Olympics lead me to dive deeper into the sport.